Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson: May 14, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Danish wedding is on this week's HELLO! magazine. Lots of great pictures --many of which were posted here and availble on the web already. But definitely a keepsake, I would say.

I live in Toronto, Canada and picked it up at my local magazine shop, so it is available elsewhere in other metropolitan areas, too, I'm sure.

Thanks for the link to the worldroots site, it had great photos. I looked and looked for one of the whole wedding party to see the colors and styles of the bridesmaids and this site had a beautiful formal shot. The colors were gorgeous together. I thought the different tones were very nice, and both mothers coordinated their outfits. The flowers in the church were magnificent.

Also from Worldroots, a very large file of the formal portrait with the guests: Formal portrait

I guess it must be hard to co-ordinate this many people to be smiling and looking at the camera at the same time!

Notice:
Nikolaos and Theodra looking down at something?

Maxima, Mathilde and Henri blinking.

Willem looking perplexed.

Sonja doesn't look impressed about something.

Sophie caught mid-sentence?

Joachim's face partially blocked by his mother's tiara.

But most of the guests seem to be looking at the camera and smiling, so that's a score for the photographer!

That is not the most attractive expression from Sophie. Too bad. Mathilde looks like she is off in a dreamland. The guy to the left of Mette-Marit looks like he is sleeping. Great photo.

Alexandria  Posted: May 19th, 2004 - 8:34 pm

Also from Worldroots, a very large file of the formal portrait with the guests: Formal portrait
What sash is the Father-in-law of CP Fred wearing?

OT: how long is Father-in-law's appointment at the University of Aarhus?
- is he using that opportunity to check out some real estate for a vacation/retirement home in Denmark?

I just read else where on the www that CP Fred's father-in-law was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog, which he received on the occasion of the wedding.

BTW, Princess Alexandra's father was awarded the same sash, as was the father and later the mother of Prince Henrik.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know if any of the jordanian royals attendent the wedding? cause i didnt notice any of them while i was watching the wedding.

Originally posted by srbjakoska@May 20th, 2004 - 3:23 am
does anyone know if any of the jordanian royals attendent the wedding? cause i didnt notice any of them while i was watching the wedding.
I'm quite sure, that they didn't. I haven't seen any pictures or TV-clips with them.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@May 19th, 2004 - 10:23 am
PLEASE can someone help me out. I live in the US and we get very few publications featuring European royals.....I always feel like I am missing out.

I would LOVE to be able to get some commemorative ROYAL WEDDING magazine, books, postcards, DVDs. If someone in Denmark is willing to pick up some things for me I would be thrilled - I am very reliable and honest and would pay for the items plus shipping plus a little something extra for your kindness. Perhaps send me a "PM" to let me know if you are willing. THANK YOU.

I apologize this post may look a little tacky, but I am dying for pictures and videos of this wedding. Please understand! :flower:
You can order a DVD with 6 hours of clips from the recent danish royal wedding at this site:

www.billed-bladet.dk

Please let me know, if you need any help ordering due to the language.

The price of the DVD is 129,- d. kr. plus a 70,- d.kr. fee for overseas shipping. That is approx. 33 USD.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 10:21 pm
I just read else where on the www that CP Fred's father-in-law was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog, which he received on the occasion of the wedding.

BTW, Princess Alexandra's father was awarded the same sash, as was the father and later the mother of Prince Henrik.
I thought only one parent gets it. Only Alex's dad got it.... so why did both of Prince Henrik's parents get one each??? Did Henrik chuck a tantrum or something :p (just kidding... I kinda like Prince Henrik).

Originally posted by almaboud@May 19th, 2004 - 11:02 am
Thanks for the link to the worldroots site, it had great photos.  I looked and looked for one of the whole wedding party to see the colors and styles of the bridesmaids and this site had a beautiful formal shot.  The colors were gorgeous together.  I thought the different tones were very nice, and both mothers coordinated their outfits.  The flowers in the church were magnificent.
Another thing I noted that the worldroots site is that there is an alternative photo of when mary was first caught going to a formal event with frederik in Denmark (where she's in the hotpink dress). Everyone says how cold she looks in those photos, but the site actually has a version where she is smiling!

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs2/freddenmark25.jpg

You beat me to it! I was just getting ready to post those! :)

Take notice of all the formal wedding portraits on the walls around the room. I like that.

Jasl  Posted: May 20th, 2004 - 6:37 am

.... so why did both of Prince Henrik's parents get one each??? Did Henrik chuck a tantrum
Yep ... probably the combination of him being Prince Consort and his mother being a dubious comtess did the trick to get a bit more legitimacy.

the french magazine Point de Vue published a special report about the wedding...

You can order a DVD with 6 hours of clips from the recent danish royal wedding at this site:

www.billed-bladet.dk

How do you know which DVD to buy? It has 4 different options, but I am not sure what the difference is.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by lutefisk7@May 20th, 2004 - 4:37 pm

www.billed-bladet.dk

How do you know which DVD to buy? It has 4 different options, but I am not sure what the difference is.

Thanks in advance!
When you enter the site, there's a menu at the left side. For ordering a DVD, choose 'bestil DVD' - for ordering a VHS-tape, choose 'bestil video'. The DVD is not reginal-coded and can be seen worldwide. Notice, that the VHS-tape is recorded in "PAL"-format.

The four options is, whether you wish to order 1, 2, 3 or 4 DVD's.

Feel free to ask additional questions, if needed :)

QUOTE (lutefisk7 @ May 20th, 2004 - 4:37 pm)

www.billed-bladet.dk

Thanks in advance! 

When you enter the site, there's a menu at the left side. For ordering a DVD, choose 'bestil DVD' - for ordering a VHS-tape, choose 'bestil video'. The DVD is not reginal-coded and can be seen worldwide. Notice, that the VHS-tape is recorded in "PAL"-format.

The four options is, whether you wish to order 1, 2, 3 or 4 DVD's.

Feel free to ask additional questions, if needed

Thank you so much! I can't wait to order it!

Just wondering how many guests were invited to Frederik and Mary's wedding? According to Hello magazine...1600 are invited to the Spanish Crown Prince's wedding.

Chatleen, thank you for the DVD website information. I did go there and typed in just my name and address, and my email address, and then this popped up:

Tak for din bestiling. Du har bestil dit bryllupsminde pa dno som bliver leveret efter brylluppet. Husk du forst skal betak ved modtagelsen. Med venlig hilsen billed-bladet.

I hope that I have copied that correctly. Would you translate that for me? I tried an online translation service, which is a literal translation, but it said something about payment due when delivered. I'm sure that's not the case. Have you shopped there before. How does it work, I am assuming they are they going to contact me via email re. credit card information, etc.? But my Danish is non-existent so I have no idea!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Originally posted by Emma Catherine@May 20th, 2004 - 7:10 pm
Chatleen, thank you for the DVD website information. I did go there and typed in just my name and address, and my email address, and then this popped up:

Tak for din bestiling. Du har bestil dit bryllupsminde pa dno som bliver leveret efter brylluppet. Husk du forst skal betak ved modtagelsen. Med venlig hilsen billed-bladet.

I hope that I have copied that correctly. Would you translate that for me? I tried an online translation service, which is a literal translation, but it said something about payment due when delivered. I'm sure that's not the case. Have you shopped there before. How does it work, I am assuming they are they going to contact me via email re. credit card information, etc.? But my Danish is non-existent so I have no idea!

Thank you in advance for your help.
It says something like this:

"Thankey for your order. You have ordered an DVD, which will be delivered after the wedding. Remember, that payment is due when delivered. Greetings, Billed Bladet".

I have ordered a DVD myself, but haven't received anything yet. I guess, the delivery is not right after the wedding ;)

It is normal procedure here in Denmark, that you pay on delivery. It surprises me though, that they follow the same procedure with overseas purchases.

Billed Bladet is really a magazine and not a internet-shop, and I guess, they haven't got any usual procedures for these kind of things :)

Originally posted by pepperann@May 20th, 2004 - 5:58 pm
Just wondering how many guests were invited to Frederik and Mary's wedding?  According to Hello magazine...1600 are invited to the Spanish Crown Prince's wedding.
The danish wedding really consisted of several 5 occasions.

1) The official party with the goverment, members of the parliament etc. as guests.
2) The private party with young members of the royal houses and young friends of the bride and groom as guests.
3) The performance at The Royal Theatre.
4) The wedding-ceremony in the church, with approx. 800 guests.
5) The wedding-banquet in the evening. I think 432 guests attended this.

The problem with occasions held by the DRF is, that they don't dispose of banqueting halls big enough for more guests.

Originally posted by Chatleen+May 20th, 2004 - 6:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ May 20th, 2004 - 6:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pepperann@May 20th, 2004 - 5:58 pm
Just wondering how many guests were invited to Frederik and Mary's wedding?  According to Hello magazine...1600 are invited to the Spanish Crown Prince's wedding.
The danish wedding really consisted of several 5 occasions.

1) The official party with the goverment, members of the parliament etc. as guests.
2) The private party with young members of the royal houses and young friends of the bride and groom as guests.
3) The performance at The Royal Theatre.
4) The wedding-ceremony in the church, with approx. 800 guests.
5) The wedding-banquet in the evening. I think 432 guests attended this.

The problem with occasions held by the DRF is, that they don't dispose of banqueting halls big enough for more guests.[/b][/quote]
Oic...thx for the info!

btw...does anyone know how to enlarge the pix at the ibl.se site? I think someone posted the answer here before, but I can't seem to find which threads it's in...

Originally posted by Lady Jean@May 21st, 2004 - 10:23 am
Am I correct, that www.dr.dk is not releasing for sale a DVD or video of the wedding?
Actually, the DVD sold by Billed Bladet is produced by DR. I don't know, if DR.dk will launch their own DVD.

Originally posted by Chatleen+May 21st, 2004 - 11:13 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ May 21st, 2004 - 11:13 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lady Jean@May 21st, 2004 - 10:23 am
Am I correct, that www.dr.dk is not releasing  for sale a DVD or video of the wedding?
Actually, the DVD sold by Billed Bladet is produced by DR. I don't know, if DR.dk will launch their own DVD. [/b][/quote]
EXCELLENT, since I am enjoying the dr.dk website so much! Thanks Chatleen for the info.

Originally posted by Gabriella@May 15th, 2004 - 9:51 pm

The one thing that I really did not like was Mary's hair. I thought that her hair was horrible. I did not like the high bun. I think that it looked worse when you saw a long range view of her. My only petpeeve of her look.
i agree with you, i didnt like her hair as well. i think she couldve done something better with her hair. but other than that i loved her dress and veil she looked stunning.

The dress was simple with pleasant suprises, like the neckline and folds. I was not a big fan of Mary's but she has grown on me since the last few weeks. She looked every inch the princess that she has become. Hope to see her thrive in her role.

Back
Top Bottom