Crown Prince Christian, News and Current Events Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christian graduated with a 10. So he doesn't have to run after the truck. Well done!

Reactions: llj
What delightful photos.
If Queen Mary's smile was any broader, the top of her head would drop off.

But graduating from high school is a big day in a Dane's life! And for the student's parents - and not least grandparents. :geek::cry::graduate::clap::clap:
It's also the day where you are obliged to do your best to embarrass them. Payback for all the times you picked them up from high school parties at way too late. :devilish:

Christian Valdemar looks very confident (in a healthy way). What a Crown Prince, can't wait to see him join the army.

I still remember when "Lille Prins" was christened...My God, time flies.

More photos released by the Royal House:

What lovely photos! The hugs with mom and dad, ver emotional. Im glad Margrethe was included, she must be so proud.
It's a special time to celebrate.

Proud parents. emotional time for sure,

Looks like Christian got to drive his siblings home

Love the short interview from Christian. He looked ready for the press and with confidence.
His hat was labeled Christian Valdemar

When asked of his plans now that he has graduated, Christian said "I'll probably go out and see the world, test myself in new ways and prepare myself for different things" ("Jeg kommer nok ud og se verden, prøve mig selv af på nye måder og forberede mig på forskellige ting").

I reckon that implies some type of sabbatical/gap year – which I believe would be a first for a (future) Danish monarch 😊 – possibly with a conscription stint in the beginning of 2025 (similar to what Ingrid Alexandra has done).

Christian graduated with a 10. So he doesn't have to run after the truck. Well done!
That's one way of looking at it! 😅

He didn't want to tell the press his final grade when asked. Given that 10 is the second-highest grade achievable and thus a very good result that he can be proud of, I reckon Christian wanted to put focus on the fact that graduating is an accomplishment in itself – regardless of your grades. Which is a very diplomatic and considerate choice, I think.

The twins also use "Vincent Minik" and "Josephine Ivalo" in their footballing endeavours 😊 I wonder if Isabella uses Henrietta – time will tell!

When asked of his plans now that he has graduated, Christian said "I'll probably go out and see the world, test myself in new ways and prepare myself for different things" ("Jeg kommer nok ud og se verden, prøve mig selv af på nye måder og forberede mig på forskellige ting").

I reckon that implies some type of sabbatical/gap year – which I believe would be a first for a (future) Danish monarch 😊 – possibly with a conscription stint in the beginning of 2025 (similar to what Ingrid Alexandra has done).
I agree.

His remark suggest a gap-year where he will do some traveling - perhaps with some friends.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Many graduating from high school take a gap year, before continuing their education. And for many that means either traveling or working abroad. - Dare I mention Australia?
That would be a very obvious destination.

I had actually expected that he would go for volunteer conscription come August. But I think it's a sound move to take at least six months off, before joining the military. It may be years before he gets another opportunity to do that again. And formative travels is after all a centuries old tradition for people like Christian. (i.e. nobles, royals and graduates from universities).
Because when he returns he will spend at least two years, probably more likely at least three years in the military, finishing as first lieutenant before it's time to go to university. He'll be around 22-23, perhaps even 25 (if he stays in the military ending up as captain) before he starts at university. And he may very well take another gap year and embark on another formative journey, before starting at university.
In contrast to most other young people his age, Christian is in no particular hurry and it is no problem for him to postpone his conscription considering his position (nor for volunteer conscripts in general).

So let him fly a little on his own and enjoy his trip to Aus... - wherever he may go.

The twins also use "Vincent Minik" and "Josephine Ivalo" in their footballing endeavours 😊 I wonder if Isabella uses Henrietta – time will tell!

That is very neat! Love that their second names were Greenland ones. Christian and Isabella got the expected family names, but with the twins they had more wiggle room.

Their second names could double as great "surnames," if they want to use them later in life!

Actually, their Greenlandic names are their third name
Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda
Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander.

But I do agree that their Greenlandic names are great to use as surnames.

I remember his birth like it was yesterday!

So do I! I remember getting up at the buttcrack of dawn so I could watch a live stream of his christening the following January. LOL. Everyone knew what his first name would be, so it was a matter of trying to guess his other three names.

I was 23. Now I'm 42. Yikes. LOL

He didn't want to tell the press his final grade when asked. Given that 10 is the second-highest grade achievable and thus a very good result that he can be proud of, I reckon Christian wanted to put focus on the fact that graduating is an accomplishment in itself – regardless of your grades. Which is a very diplomatic and considerate choice, I think.

I am sure his Morfar will be very pleased and proud for him when he gets the news.

June 28
The Crown Prince graduates from Ordrup Gymnasium. Charlottenlund, at 10.30 a.m.
The royal couple attends the graduation.

June 28
The Crown Prince graduates from Ordrup Gymnasium. Charlottenlund, at 10.30 a.m.
The royal couple attends the graduation.
Congratulations again to Christian! Then he gets to enjoy all the fun celebrations!

Congratulations again to Christian! Then he gets to enjoy all the fun celebrations!
If he acts like the majority of students here in DK, it's gonna be party-time for the next couple of months until they start in various schools, universities, jobs, barracks, internships or going on a gap-year come late August/early September.

Is the highest grade 12? So what would a 10 be equivalent to for example in an American 0-4 GPA scale? I understand the Danish scale is not linear, but I don't know how it works.

The HS facebook page also has aditional pictures from the event un Tuesday. Both Christian as well as the rest of the family can be seen in some of those pictures

Christian ; Mary, Fred, Christian ; Christian, Fred ; Royal Family in Full ;
Thanks Royalty Observer.
What attractive young people, and what a range of overseas trips they have taken with each other at that school.
I saw a photo of Prince Christian on a school trip on Pinterest a while ago … somewhere hot and Mediterranean looking … what great experiences they’ve been exposed to in their formative years.

Is the highest grade 12? So what would a 10 be equivalent to for example in an American 0-4 GPA scale? I understand the Danish scale is not linear, but I don't know how it works.
The non-linearity in that case is shared with among others the American and British systems. It seems the 0/1 - 10 or 0/1 - 20 or 0/1 - 100 scales are the most common linear ones. Most importantly, however, is the difference between criterion-referenced or norm-referenced grading. The first compares to an external norm (and is often used in linear systems) while the latter compares to a student's peers (and is often used in letter-based systems).

Wikipedia has an entry about the Academic grading system in Denmark and compares it to other systems: Academic grading in Denmark - Wikipedia
It compares a 10 to an A- (or a 2:1 in the UK).

We have a french board Joachim et Marie Centerblog, who makes the main royals unpopular.
They wrote to day that Prince Christian wore a Rolex Watch. Expert Anders Lind said it is a Rolex Just 41 1263334 - Wimbledon price 84 700 DKK = 11.356.26 euros . Could it be a Present ?

We have a french board Joachim et Marie Centerblog, who makes the main royals unpopular.
They wrote to day that Prince Christian wore a Rolex Watch. Expert Anders Lind said it is a Rolex Just 41 1263334 - Wimbledon price 84 700 DKK = 11.356.26 euros . Could it be a Present ?
It could be a present for his 18th birthday. The princesses receive tiaras for the 18th birthday, maybe that was his gift?

Sooo... he wore a Rolex.
As Royalty Observer pointed out, it could be a present. It could be an investment. It's something Christian has saved up for himself.
I've also noticed that it has been pointed out that the clothes he wore wasn't cheap.

Come on! He's the Crown Prince.
He was about to face the press on one of the biggest days of his life.
Apart from that, his family may not eat gold-dust for breakfast but they are reasonably well off, so a Rolex (a brand King Frederik is fond of as well) is hardly out of the ordinary.

I wonder if some people expect him to dress in clothes from Lidl.
Not that there is anything wrong with the socks you can get in Lidl, they are very durable BTW.

I’ve also been hearing the same complaints about Isabella’s clothes, and specifically on this occasion, her necklace. I think Queen Mary mentioned recently how happy she is by the fact that the girls can now raid her closet. Although, she drew the line at her shoes 🤣. Also, how is a $2K necklace a big deal? Living simply doesn’t exactly mean you have to shop at goodwill. Besides jewelry is an investment.

Well said Muhler! It was a big day for him. So what about the watch. Some are just looking for drama, click bait and find fault with everything the royal couple and their kids do.

I’ve also been hearing the same complaints about Isabella’s clothes, and specifically on this occasion, her necklace. I think Queen Mary mentioned recently how happy she is by the fact that the girls can now raid her closet. Although, she drew the line at her shoes 🤣. Also, how is a $2K necklace a big deal? Living simply doesn’t exactly mean you have to shop at goodwill. Besides jewelry is an investment.
Funny about the shoes because the sandals Isabella wore the other day are Mary's. Also, it is not like they are walking around in bespoke outfits.

Back
Top Bottom