Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events Part 45: February 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would expect that she speaks/spoke to her father's family in Italian.
She lost her father when she was 4. So no bilingual at home. She might have received Italian lessons .. but i doubt Italian could be her second language. I'm sure her education favorized more the English language as 2nd one.
From the Casiraghis the most fluent in Italian is without doubt Pierre. He studied in Italy and married an Italian.
Charlotte never lived in Italy and and the only Italian she dated was Lamberto San Felice but i don't recall it was a long relationship.
I strongly doubt her Italian skill is higher than her English ones.

Didn’t she move to Italy with Lamberto? I thought she lived there for a year. But I also think her Italian is probably not very fluent.

Yes, Charlotte lived in Rome, Italy during the time she was with Lamberto San Felice.

Didn’t she move to Italy with Lamberto? I thought she lived there for a year. But I also think her Italian is probably not very fluent.
Define fluent. Even fully bilingual people will claim one language is stronger than the other. I would hazard a guess that French is really her openly fully fluent language. The others depend on usage. Language use is all about practice. You have to keep the wheels oiled.

Charlotte said to an interviewer (I don't remember which, or when) that she "is shy" in Italian. I took this to mean that she isn't quite as fully fluent as she would like to be.

But her paternal grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins are ITALIANS, how does she communicate with them if not in Italian?

She is HALF-ITALIAN, after all.

But her paternal grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins are ITALIANS, how does she communicate with them if not in Italian?

She is HALF-ITALIAN, after all.
True, her paternal family is Italian. I remember long time ago they were quite close to the Italian grandparents and probably all other family members, especially after Stefano's tragic death. I don't know how the relations developed when Caroline unfortunately married Ernst August, that may have caused problems. As they are very secret and publicity shy we will never know.

I don't know how the relations developed when Caroline unfortunately married Ernst August, that may have caused problems.
What Ernst August had to do with the relations of his stepchildren with their family from their father's side?

He didn't have any right to forbid them these contracts!

What Ernst August had to do with the relations of his stepchildren with their family from their father's side?

He didn't have any right to forbid them these contracts!
I am not saying that Ernst August would have forbidden anything. Caroline married somebody else after years of being a widow. She started a new life with a new family and inlaws. There certainly must have been a change in all family members life. Maybe I am wrong because all of what we are discussing here is pure speculation. But just from experience I could imagine that close contacts with the Casiraghi family as they were before might have changed.

I think the inference may be that Princess Caroline comes across hard, scary, unkind, and special so she dictates her children? Even though she may be have been to free with her children as a way to stick it to Grace and the way she parented.

Some years ago, at a Casiraghi niece or nephew wedding, Alexandra was a flower girl. I think the relationship was fine. Charlotte, due to her father’s death, only redd as lot has one language. She wasn’t raised bilingually her an English, Italian, German whatever are going to be varying degrees of good.

Let's get back to the topic of this thread - news and current events - thank you!

Back
Top Bottom