British Royal Family Current Events 3: June 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
milla Ca said:
why does Princess Ann do it and why does Prince Edward never do it?
They both never joined the troops. ( I know Prince Edward was a soldier for a very short time...)

Anne is a Colonel in Chief, so she is allowed to wear the uniform.

Yes i know Skydragon, but i read that the Queen gave Prince Edward a military position too. I´m not right?

milla Ca said:
Yes i know Skydragon, but i read that the Queen gave Prince Edward a military position too. I´m not right?
Military career:
2nd Lieutenant, Royal Marines - Oct 1986-Jan 1987

Honorary military appointments:
Royal Honorary Colonel, Royal Wessex Yeomanry (2003, UK);
Commodore-in-Chief, Royal Fleet Auxiliary (2006, UK);
Patron, Royal Fleet Auxiliary Association (UK);
Colonel in Chief, Saskatchewan Dragoons (2003, Canada);
Colonel in Chief, Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment (2002, Canada).
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5591.asp

Last edited:
Thank you magnik!
But if Edward and Ann both have honorary military appointments, why did The Princess Royal lay a wreath today and Prince Edward didn´t?

Last edited:
I don't have any solid information, at the moment, I do know that he is a honorary colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry, which would make him a lower rank than his brothers or sister.

I was puzzled as his cap seemed to be the Royal Military Police, not the RWY.:ermm:

magnik said:
Military career:
2nd Lieutenant, Royal Marines - Oct 1986-Jan 1987

This one really doesn't count! He resigned his commission after only 3 months!:ohmy:

Skydragon said:
This one really doesn't count! He resigned his commission after only 3 months!:ohmy:

Beeing royal, and almost everything can be possible.

milla Ca said:
Thank you magnik!
But if Edward and Ann both have honorary military appointments, why did The Princess Royal lay a wreath today and Prince Edward didn´t?

Anne is a full blown colonel in chief, colonel and chief commandant to numerous regiments and corps, with a couple of honorary's thrown in.

Edward is only (at the moment) a Royal Honorary Colonel and a Commodore-in-Chief.

magnik said:
On getty - all photos.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72204267%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=1&tag=1

HM as always great.
Camilla - good bu I think that better would be a simple hat that this beret with flower and veil.
Sophie - beautiful, very serious, and somehow unhappy that she must stand near Camilla. Is there any photo of this two chatting?

Question: does Edward go with his parents and siblings with wreats?

Why would she be unhappy about standing next to Camilla there are pictures of them talking and smiling on this site. If you go to getty there is a picture of them talking. I think she looks serious because it is a serious moment.

seto said:
Why would she be unhappy about standing next to Camilla there are pictures of them talking and smiling on this site. If you go to getty there is a picture of them talking. I think she looks serious because it is a serious moment.
Probably becouse she was so seroius. Today's event was very serious.

Last edited:
Maybe they should have had a good old laugh and sang a chorus of "Eskimo Nell" at Remembrance Sunday? Maybe that would please the doom-mongers. Honestly.

why william don't use uniform? harry don't was there again.

Couldn't William have worn any uniform if not Officer Cadet uniform than a Navy on he is Commador-in Chief of Submarines or
since he still an officer cadet can not do that?

magnik said:
Sophie - beautiful, very serious, and somehow unhappy that she must stand near Camilla. Is there any photo of this two chatting?
I know this has already been answered, but here's some more for the perennial pessimists. :)

magnik said:
Maybe becouse she is older or has them more or they're higher like Rear Admiral? :ermm:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5602.asp

It must be a little embarrassing for Prince Edward as unlike his brothers and nephews, with the exception of Peter Philips, he hasn't really done the time to wear the uniform. It must be gut wrenching every time everyone else dons their military garb because they've actually completed military training and Edward just wears it as a honorary position. :neutral:

Warren said:
I know this has already been answered, but here's some more for the perennial pessimists. :)

The three ladies seem to be getting on just fine in those pics.

Skydragon
Couldn't William have worn any uniform if not Officer
Cadet uniform than a Navy on he is Commador-in Chief of Submarines or

HRH Kimetha said:
It must be a little embarrassing for Prince Edward as unlike his brothers and nephews, with the exception of Peter Philips, he hasn't really done the time to wear the uniform. It must be gut wrenching every time everyone else dons their military garb because they've actually completed military training and Edward just wears it as a honorary position. :neutral:

I don't think Edward gives it a thought. Not to disrespect anyone who has served in the armed services, but its not for everyone. And I admire Edward for realizing that and leaving.

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon
Couldn't William have worn any uniform if not Officer
Cadet uniform than a Navy on he is Commador-in Chief of Submarines or

As he is still a cadet, he would not be able to wear any other higher rank uniform.

So he could not have worn the Cadet Right? am I Getting this correct???? :)

Royal Fan said:
I'm guessing that he wore civvies because the occassion was "Remembrance Day". Therefore he was there with his family to honour the fallen. It was not all about William!

Think about a woman wearing a drop dead gorgeous, eye-catching outfit to a wedding, totally eclipsing the bride.....very bad taste.

In William's case, had he been wearing his Cadet Uniform every phographer there would have been trying to get "the" photo shot of the day. What the day was about would have been eclipsed.:furious:

Good call everyone! :cool: :clap:

Royal Fan said:

He could have asked for permission to wear his cadet uniform. I agree with MARG, the day was about honouring the fallen from all the conflicts and I think the right decision was made to ensure that the centre of attention was the parade and remembrance ceremony.

today was the pre-christmas lunch in buckingham palace, may be we can see some photo tomorrow

How do you know the Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace for the Royal Family was 20/12/06? Was it on the Buckingham Palace website?

angela said:
How do you know the Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace for the Royal Family was 20/12/06? Was it on the Buckingham Palace website?
Corazon is correct, and it was reported elsewhere. Many members of the extended Royal Family attended, as well as Princess Margarita of Baden, a niece of Prince Philip.
This lunch is an annual event, and because it is a private family function the (partial) guest list can only be worked out by ticking off the recognisable faces as they walk or drive through the Palace gates. Keen members will need to stake out the gates next year. :)

Number of engagments

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=55&ArticleID=1955435

The Queen's daughter attended 491 in the UK and 104 overseas, totalling 595, a survey published in The Times revealed.
The Prince of Wales, heir to the throne, came next with 500 engagements made up of 427 at home and 73 abroad.
Tim O'Donovan, who compiled the unofficial table, said Prince William carried out 13 engagements and Prince Harry six

snip

In 2006, the monarch carried out a total of 380 engagements in the UK and 45 overseas while Philip notched up 406, 353 in this country and 53 abroad.
The Duke of York, who acts as a special trade representative for Britain, completed the most engagements overseas, standing at 234. With his 212 UK duties, he carried out 446 in all.
The Duchess of Cornwall carried out 212 engagements, the Countess of Wessex 235, the Earl of Wessex 418, the Duke of Gloucester 238, the Duchess of Gloucester 127, the Duke of Kent 229 and Princess Alexandra 125.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom