British Royal Family Current Events 3: June 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isnt William in Uniform and wheres Henry??

Royal Fan said:
Why isnt William in Uniform and wheres Henry??

Prince Harry not attend dues of training but William not using uniform i dont know why

It is wow beautiful Queen Elizabeths dress and scarfs is perceft!!! Duchess Camilla is elegant and beautiful dress,hat!!!

All in all Camilla is elegant but, I don´t like her poncho. And I like her more in light colors but, its the event. I hope she will please us with new bright clothes this winter.:flowers:

hornsen said:
All in all Camilla is elegant but, I don´t like her poncho. And I like her more in light colors but, its the event. I hope she will please us with new bright clothes this winter.:flowers:

This is not one of my favourite outfits. The hat looks to be a crushed velvet arrangement and with the the poncho the effect is too dark and scrunchy for my liking. I prefer crisp to scrunchy and I think crisp suits HRH more.

As my husband would say, I'm a hard marker! :ROFLMAO:

I think that due to the cold weather, the pashmina thing was a very good idea and Princess Anne had the same idea by the looks of things. Let's remember that the focus of the service is remembrance and the practicality is to keep warm.

BeatrixFan said:
I think that due to the cold weather, the pashmina thing was a very good idea and Princess Anne had the same idea by the looks of things. Let's remember that the focus of the service is remembrance and the practicality is to keep warm.

You make very good points. It's not an occasion for a fashion show or to draw attention to oneself, but to dress warmly and appropriately, and this is what HRH seems to have done.

It'll be a cold one for Camilla tomorrow too, up on the balcony at the Cenotaph ceremony.

No idea where Harry was. I wonder whether William will wear his uniform tomorrow and where he'll stand. By rights, he should be up with Camilla and Alexandra on the balcony.

BeatrixFan said:
No idea where Harry was. I wonder whether William will wear his uniform tomorrow and where he'll stand. By rights, he should be up with Camilla and Alexandra on the balcony.

According to the Prince of Wales website http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diary.html

William will be attending at the cenotaph along with Camilla and Charles but no mention of Harry.

I would guess that he is at some ceremony with his unit, or training somewhere and couldn't get leave, whereas William doesn't train on the weekends anymore does he?

Next year neither of them might be there if they are both on military duties somewhere.

It seems to me, that one thing Harry's absence signals, is that he isn't being treated differently to other junior officers. Of course I am only guessing here but I would assume that if he wasn't on duty then he would have been with his family.

Ceremony pays tribute to war dead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6140592.stm

Wreaths were placed at the Cenotaph in Whitehall by
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of York, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent.

Watching the ceremony from the balcony at the Foreign Office was
Prince William, The Duchess Of Cornwall, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra.

Prince Harry was attending a private regimental remembrance service with the Household Cavalry.

It always makes me very proud to see this ceremony. It also makes me slightly angry but I won't go into that and I'm sure you'll all know what I mean. I thought that the Queen looked better today and it was nice to see so many members of the Royal Family there.

It is more photos on Duchess Camilla and Prince Willian on Ceremony!!! It is beautiful hat on Duchess Camilla and dress. Prince William speak with Duchess Camilla. Queen Elizabeth is see out like more his death Queen Mother! Queen Elizabeth is good healt and she see out sorry his Queen Mother and Princess Margarets death four years!

On getty - all photos.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72204267%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=1&tag=1

HM as always great.
Camilla - good bu I think that better would be a simple hat that this beret with flower and veil.
Sophie - beautiful, very serious, and somehow unhappy that she must stand near Camilla. Is there any photo of this two chatting?

Question: does Edward go with his parents and siblings with wreats?

Last edited:
I agree Jose - the Duchess of Cornwall looked incredibly stylish and it put me in mind of the old school, much in the style of Princess Marina and Princess Alice. It was old-fashioned it just had timeless style.

Edward never lays a wreath as far as I know.

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew were soldiers and have high military positions, that´s why they lay wreaths at the ceremony, i think.
But why does Princess Ann do it and why does Prince Edward never do it?
They both never joined the troops. ( I know Prince Edward was a soldier for a very short time...)

Why did Edward wear that uniform? I know it's an honorary one but the Duke of Gloucester also has such uniforms although he never served in the armed forces but he never wears one to the ceremony. I don't think an honorary uniform has a place at an event where war veterans who really did fight and make sacrifices are present.

Not at the Cenotaph, but he laid a wreath last year, in Sunderland. :flowers:

The Earl laid a wreath and took the salute at the march past at the Sunderland Remembrance Parade before attending a reception for veterans and parade participants.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4670.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom