Books on the Royal Family of Spain and Spanish Royal History

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I though it was a little strange, king Felipe VI of Spain could do a better job to chose a wife as his consort, ex queen Sofia was AGAINST the marriage with Letizia Ortiz.

I have in Audible one of my favorite history books 'on tape' that is also in Kindle form

La Gran aventura del reino de Asturias: Así empezó la reconquista

The Great/Grand Adventure of the Kingdom of Asturias: This is how the Reconquista started

The book's 60 chapters is also in YouTube if you are familiar with the Spanish language and want to listen to it in the background. The narration is from two youtubers because is not the same voice actor that I have on my Audible copy. And this version is much more animated by the couple taking turns reading the book than my copy with a solo narrator.

La Reconquista - La gran aventura del reino de Asturias - 01 La batalla de Covadonga

Last edited:
If you love research, either for fun, learning history or if you want to write a digital book and need detailed materials this is the BEST source. The Gazeta (gazette) is a public and free Spanish government page to access and contains information from both Spain and Europe in general from the year 1661 to the year 1959.

Gazeta offers the provisions and news published in the official newspapers' predecessors of the current "Official State Gazette" published from 1661 to 1959.
This digital collection contains a million and a half of very varied news – announcements, communications, regulations, etc. – many of them of great historical interest, so it constitutes a rich source of information on the most important events of each era, both national and foreign.

Instructions on how to navigate 🖥️
  • You might need to have your browser translate the page as you navigate. Mine, Edge and Chrome, automatically translate as I move from page to page.

• There is no need to enter a search in every box, just start from the top line drop-down box named (select) Historical Period that and press the era you are interested in reading about.

• Once you get acquainted with the Historical Period search box, you can go into more detail by selection from the drop-down boxes Rank and/or Department

The Search Engine Page
Gazeta: historical collection: Provisions and news published in the official journals from 1661 to 1959.

Enjoy! :king:

Last edited:
Documentary in English on the history or Spain* 🐇

🐰my footnote - Spain's old name was Ispania which means the land of rabbits as in ‘Ispania,’ from ‘sphan,’ which meant rabbit 🐰. So, every time I go to my front yard here in Upstate NY to put carrots for our night rabbits, I feel a bit nostalgic since I left Spain to live and work in the USA permanently back in the 1980s.

5 Great Books on Medieval Spain​

Bonus videos on the history of Spain:

:easterbunny:

🐰

Back
Top Bottom