Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of my favourite recent wedding dresses:

1. Farah Daghistani, daughter of Princess Basma of Jordan. I thought the dress was very pretty, classy, and feminine. (pictures from Petra)

2. Princess Haya - understated elegance. I've never seen Haya look this radiantly beautiful. (Pics from MGA Productions)

3. Princess Rym - this dress is very unique. This is the prettiest Rym has looked to me. Im not a huge fan of her style sense but her wedding dress was lovely (Petra & DPA)

The first time I saw CP Mary's dress, I found it beautiful. But looking back now it fails to make an impression. Infact in my opinion both Mary and Letizia's dresses didnt live up to the huge hype and expectation surrounding their weddings. I've seen prettier dresses at some of the recent dutch weddings.

my post is influenced by western culture, the third brid looks like a nun, the fabric is very pretty but I don't like the dress's style

The first of the dresses is very beautiful. I like it very much too.

I have heard people talk of Queen Margrethe's wedding, so I trawled throguh theb old threads to find it and I see what all the fuss is about! It's very simple and elegant!

crisiñaki said:
It's kind of a "not-show-too-much" tradition, in her time Infanta Cristina was critizied (by Peñafiel, who else?:mad: :mad: ) because her dress let the shoulders bare, so it's kind of hide as much as possible, I don't think you'll see a royal bride with an strapless or sleveless dress any time soon

Oh, I see. I don't like all of the long sleeved looks, but I agree that one does not need to see the brides boobies popping out of her wedding dress. I personally have fallen in love with wedding dresses with lace boleros or jackets covering the bodice. I guess that's kind of between leaving shoulders bare and wearing long sleeves.

I have to say my fave, Maxima had the most beautiful dress:) . She looked so amazing and timeless. Valentino did a great job.
I liked Infanta Cristina's as well--the neckline was beautiful. I also likes Mathilde and Letizia's. They were very similar in sillouette and suited their wearers beautifully. MM's dress suited her very well. It was so simple and didn't distract from her. And it was not an easy design for a woman to wear.

My non-favorite dresses were Mabel (too too busy). Though I know Viktor & Rolf are considered the height of "fashion". Mary seemed overwhelmed with the skirt of her dress (which didn't match the simple bodice) and the hair was rather distracting for me(middle parts are not a fave of mine) wasn't the best look for her features.

We should start a thread for Mabel's horrendous wedding dress alone, Luana is gonna need so much therapy to leave that behind that she'll never want to look a tux again (for the bow thing):eek:

i like princess sayako's wedding dress, even she's not a princess now...
it's simple, but i think it's beautiful....

Best:
-Màxima of the Netherlands
weddingmaximaywillem10.jpg

-Mary of Denmark
-Anita of the Netherlands

Worst:
-Mabel Wisse
-Letizia of Spain
-Cristina of Spain
-Aimèe of the Netherlands
-Alexandra of Denmark

I hate to say it but Diana's. It was really not a very attractive dress but it is still so memorable. I still remember her going up the aisle and that train behind her. It was a fairytale day wasn't it?

I love Alexandra of Denmark's wedding dress. Especially with the snow as a backdrop when she arrived at the church.....its the prefect winter wedding dress. I just viewed a site dedicated her today....she looked beautiful and you could see the love in both her and Joachim's eyes. Still can't believe they are divorced!

Okay, here are my top 5:

1. Princess Grace
2. Francesca Thyssen (marrying Karl von Habsburg in 1993)
3. Märtha Louise
4. Letizia
5. Sophie Wessex

Here are some pics of Francesca, it looks like a fairy-tale-dress, close to the border of Edelkitsch, but I somehow like it.

francesca%20wedding%203.jpg

(from SeegerPress)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Maxima, Francesca Thyssen, Mette Marit, Princess Margaret, Serena Vicountess Lindley they were very nice.

My favorites are:
1. Infanta Cristina of Spain: everything was perfect; dress, tiara, jewelry, make up and husband;)
2. Queen Margrethe of Denmark (her hot hubby was the best accesory;) )
3. Grace Kelly: how can one person be that beautiful and elegant, still a mystery to me

Princess Claire and Princess Maxima were very beautiful as well!

Of the older brides I loved Queen Fabiola, Princess Margaret, Queen Margrethe and princess Irene of the Netherlands, but Fabiola is my absolute favourite! Such a great and timeless dress!

The modern brides, eh well... that's difficult. I liked a lot of dresses. I adored Maxima's of course, but I also think Laurentien looked great on her wedding day (she should wear Natan more often :p). Claire is a great favourite of mine too, as was Infanta Cristina. Very difficult to say which if them looked the best. I think I would have to go for Claire too.

(So my favourite brides stay within de Belgium royal family...)

excellence

excellence bride
Maxima
Letizia
Queen Margrethe
Mathilde

My favourites:
Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Claire Coombs
Princess Märtha Louise
Máxima Zorreguieta
Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby
Sophie Rhys-Jones
Alexandra Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

I agree with princess maxima;

Very nice;
maxima
anita
mary

not so nice;
mabel
aimee
Mathilde's dress was a little boring, but she was a pretty bride! :)

Christo's Girl said:
I hate to say it but Diana's. It was really not a very attractive dress but it is still so memorable. I still remember her going up the aisle and that train behind her. It was a fairytale day wasn't it?

Yes, but there was no Prince Charming heh?

Best dress
Maxima
Letizia
Mathilde

Horrible dress
Mabel

Favorite:
1. princess Mary
2. queen Margarethe
3. grand duchess Maria Teresa

The two bridal dresses i liked most were Princess Grace's and Princess Maxima's.

My favourite wedding gowns! so many to choose from...but you can't really tire from looking at wonderful pictures can you?? :D

The Best

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
Image 1: Polfoto Image 2: ANP

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Princess Martha Louise of Norway
Image: Corbis (tried to find a better picture, but the ones I have I can't remember the source of)

Princess Claire of Belgium
Image: ibl.se

And The Worst

Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
Image: Van Parys Media

The Late Diana, Princess of Wales
Image: Corbis

Mabel Wisse-Smit, Princess of the Netherlands - no need to say more...:eek: :eek:
Image: Corbis

Best :
Mary
Claire of Belgium
Countess Serena Linley
Cristina

Bad
Diana
Astrid
Annette

I love the dress of Claire of Belgium...but for me, the best is the one that Maxima used.

I think Marie-chantal's wedding dress was lovely , iv seen worse royal dresses than hers!

favs:
1. Princess Grace (it's still breathtakingly beautiful, timeless, classic, nothing compares)
2. Princess Mary (very medieval, befitting a fairytale princess, and she wore it very well)
3. Princess Margaret of Great Britain (I never knew how beautiful she was until I saw her wedding photos)
4. Martha Louise (very fairytale-like, medieval, she looked like the princess she is)
5. Sophie (a little ill fitting due to her weight loss but still modern and beautiful and I loved the veil)

not so favs:
1. Mette-Marit (the dress should have been pretty but she didn't ware it very well)
2. Letizia (didn't like the collar but the dress was okay except she seemed like she was going to fall over, she looked terrified, maybe understandably, but the dress wore her, she didn't ware the dress)
3. Maxima (that collar! It ruined the dress. One good thing was Maxima wore it well which made it better than it was)
4. Diana (a mass of wrinkly awfulness)
5. Mabel (even if you take away the bows, the dress was plain. She didn't look like she was marrying a prince. But again, she didn't drown in the dress, she wore it the best she could ware a dress full of bows)
6. Princess Annette (nice idea for a dress but incomplete somehow, and it really didn't fit. It just swallowed her up)

Last edited:
JessRulz said:
My favourite wedding gowns! so many to choose from...but you can't really tire from looking at wonderful pictures can you?? :D

The Best

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Princess Martha Louise of Norway

Princess Claire of Belgium

Yes, Yes, ooh yes, you got the right choices here my gal!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Best:
1. mette-marit
2. Claire of Belgium
3. Camilla