Baptism of Princess Alexia: November 19, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no official photo?

The 2 photos from the official website

Attachments

• doop-alexia-3205279-groot-def.jpg
    doop-alexia-3205279-groot-def.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 283
  • doop-alexia2-3205654-groot.jpg
    doop-alexia2-3205654-groot.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 252
Thanks to all who posted the pictures! ...and I especially appreciate those without the watermark! It looked like a very happy and warm occasion.

Thank you everybody for posting the pictures and information from Alexia's baptism. :) Willem and Maxima looked happy as can be with their two little daughters -- Amalia who was super adorable in her long green dress with the trailing ribbon!

In some of the ANP pictures I noticed Amalia going easily to Maxima's mom. I think it's nice that even though Maxima's parents live far away, Amalia has a good relationship with her maternal grandparents even if she doesn't see them as much as she sees her Grandma Beatrix.

I noticed that Eloise seemed to be the only child there. I wonder why Maurits and Marilene and Annette and Bernhard Jr. didn't bring their oldest kids. Anna, Lucas and Isabella (even Samuel) were brought to Claus-Casimir's baptism.

I was surprised to see Princess Margarita there however. Of all of Irene's kids, I am surprised that it wasn't Carlos who attended, or even Jamie or Maria-Carolina. I guess that Margarita is no longer the persona non-grata she was some years ago.

I have read a lot of comments about Maxima's hat -- I personally disliked it a lot. I thought the flower was much, much too big. Had it been a little smaller it would've been better. And such a headpiece -- it really isn't a hat I don't think -- is even worst than the kind Mette-Marit has worn on several occasions. The one saving grace abou this headpiece is that even though the flower was huge, Maxima's personality is bigger and her smile and her enthusiasm for the day were more noticeable and prevalent than the hat. Someone with a quieter personality such as Mette-Marit or Mathilde could not have pulled off such a hat with such aplomb!

Thank so much for the pictures!
Maxima Looks great! I love Maxima's hats!

I watched the baptism again and I noticed that when W-A, Maxima , Amalia and Alexia arrived at the curch and waved to the people , all the press were calling Amalia's name , and then Amalia said : Ik ben Amalia!( I'm Amalia!)
so cute !:)

Official pictures

Attachments

• doop5-groot.jpg
    doop5-groot.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 4,141
  • download-doop7-groot-def.jpg
    download-doop7-groot-def.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,083
here are the oficial photos

dsc

dsc

I love everything about the ceremony. Maxima looks wonderfull, I love the hat. other ladies were alsoo amazing, but why o why Maxima and Mathilde wearing same clothes constantly. Even in my little friend group it is something awfull to do. Let stay keep buying same clothes every season, we all try to develop our own style. I really dont understand two crownprincess of Benelux Royal families (by the way the Hertogin of Luxemburg begon to join them alsoo)

Emilia said:
I watched the baptism again and I noticed that when W-A, Maxima , Amalia and Alexia arrived at the curch and waved to the people , all the press were calling Amalia's name , and then Amalia said : Ik ben Amalia!( I'm Amalia!)
so cute !:)

oh emilia! did she actually say that? how cuuuuuuuute!!! :eek: i can't believe she was brave to say that. she seemed quite shy and quiet, but it's great to see she has such a determined personality. can you tell us more about the moment? why were the journalists calling her? i kind of think that is quite bad, to address to a kid, it must be confusing for a little girl being called as if she was a adult.

Amalia was actually the heroess of the hour.:D Just imagen, in 1-2 years time we will probably (I hope so) see Infanta Leonor wearing similar beautiful little dress for her sibling's (sister, I guess) christening...:eek:

Christening of Princess Alexia

Hi. I've been enjoying all your links and discussion about the christening all day. Thanks for posting everything as I live in the UK and so we don't get to see much of Willem-Alexander and Maxima. I've just posted some new images we have in from the christening and I was thinking it's so nice to see Royals looking as happy as Willem-Alexander and Maxima and their family did today. I agree Maxima looked wonderful, and that hat was quite dramatic - I like the fact she always has such a unique style. Mind you, this comes from someone who's royal family (the Windsors) currently consists of several rather aged people, most of whom don't care about fashion! :rolleyes:

I think we need Prince William to marry Kate Middleton to add a bit of glamour to the British Royals. Oh for the days of Diana! :)

Have a lovely weekend everybody.

Joanne :)
www.theroyalist.net

Nice to see a happy family occasion, although I have to side with those who thought Maxima's hat was way too big and overpowering :( . But she still has that beautiful radiant smile and the rest of the outfit was nice so maybe that's a minor quibble. Amalia is beyond adorable. :)

I don't know why but I think it's funny to see prince Friso standing next to princess Mathilde?!

Im not a fan of her hat either but the dutch royals are known for their outrageous hats. Princess Alexia is so cute. Maxima can wear anything and she would still look lovely as long as she smiled. She has such an infectious smile. It makes me feel good everytime i see it. They have chubby kids. Its so cute. Was princess Matilde a godmother. Are catholics alowed to be godparents to protestent children.

Images from getty

Attachments

• 56239587.jpg
    56239587.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 56239589.jpg
    56239589.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 56239591.jpg
    56239591.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 599
  • 56239596.jpg
    56239596.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 357
Last edited by a moderator:
images from getty, set 2

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any photos showing the back of the Duchess of Brabant, so we can see the hat she had on?

Pictures Colourpress part 1

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 208
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 206
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 258
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 190
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 233
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 333
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 273
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 299
Thank you all for these wonderful and beautiful pictures.:)

Colourpress part 2

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 196
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 268
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 259
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 183
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 184
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 183
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 214
Does anyone know where I could find what 'wishes' the Godparents made. I heard that Princess Mathilde read a very nice one.

Ah, misshelen, the photos are lovely, thank you!

In looking at these pictures and going through some of the threads in the archives, I really don't think many women look good with plain gray near their faces. I think that is the one thing I'd change here, too. Maxima has such warm natural coloring but I think the gray flattens that out too much. In contrast, at Amalia's christening the ivory outfit and gold hairpiece enhanced her natural coloring.

Back
Top Bottom