A Swedish Royal Christmas (Traditions, Christmas Cards, Photo Sessions)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Svensk Damtidning has written out what is said at the Crown princess family's Christmas greeting video:
Victoria: Check and see if we can see where beavers have gnawed somewhere.
Daniel in a joking tone: One must not look back no, absolutely not!
Daniel when Estelle is balancing on the stock of wood: Exciting, huh. Oops, now we've got us to a real situation ..
Victoria: Estelle, you know that it is a little, a little ice on the lake. Three millimeters of ice it.
Daniel: Is it?
Estelle to the camera: Do you want this?
Victoria: Estelle I have your bread on a stick (pinnbröd) here. It is delicious. It is a bit chrunchy on one side perhaps.
Estelle: Yes, but it does not matter, you love crunchy.
Victoria: I love crunchy.
Everyone: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Oscar coffing and Daniel leans to his son and asks him: Did you think it was fun?
Estelles och Oscars fina julhälsning – ord för ord _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
The king has held his traditional Christmas speech at Sveriges Radio and it will be shown tonight at 19.45 on SVT1.

At his speech the king spoke a lot about climate change, clean water, forests, about his visits to several activities based on the expertise and who contribute in different ways to sustainable development. He mentioned state visits he and the queen made and the state visit from Chile to Sweden. And that Sweden in the beginning of 2017 starts as a member of United Nations Security Council. He spoke about terrorism, mentioned the Pope's visit and thanked all Swedish men and women who now find themselves far from home in various international missions of peace and security.

Among other things, the king said:
The Royal Family's commitment to water issues is strong. And I am especially pleased that also the crown princess has chosen to focus on just sea and water issues in her role as ambassador for the UN Sustainable Development Goals.

One can feel concern for the future. But we should not let the fear control our daily lives. We all have a responsibility to act as role models for our children and young people.
Once again we should show courage, consideration and action.
Courage to stand up for what is right.
Caring for each other.
And the power of action to intervene when someone needs help.

When I look back on the past year, I feel - also on a personal level - much gratitude. Our family has been extended with two new little princes. The Queen and I celebrated our fortieth anniversary this summer. And in connection with my 70th birthday last spring, I received many greetings and best wishes. I want to thank you for the warmth and care that we encounter. It means a lot to me and my family.

2016 is about to end. Sometime early next year, Sweden gets its ten millionth inhabitant. It can be a person who is an immigrant or returning home after a long time abroad. It could be a child born anywhere in our country.
Regardless, he or she will be a part of our common future. For this person, I would say: Welcome! I wish you all the best!
H.M. Konungens jultal 2016 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Kungens traditionella jultal 2016 25 december kl 12_40 - P1 Specialprogram _ Sveriges Radio

Photo
http://www.svtstatic.se/image-cms/s...ternates/extralarge/kungens-jultal-bild-3-jpg

Video of the King's Christmas speech, from prince Bertil's apartment. Before the speech is a short presentation.
H.M. Konungens jultal _ SVT Play

The speech is very well filmed, with videos of events during the year. And the king's speech was very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, that's a very good speech! I wish in Portugal the prime-minister would say those things....

The Crown princess family's Christmas greeting has been watched over 531 000 times at the court Youtube. The greeting from 2014 has been watched over 1 850 000 times.

On 14th December
Victoria gives an audience to the Royal College of Forestry's student union and receives the Christmas trees. Hopefully she has again Estelle, and maybe even Oscar with her.
On the same day so far only the king and queen are listed to attend at the Christmas service at the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace. Usually the whole royal family attends at the service.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning about the Royal family's Christmas and New Year:
- They will celebrate privately and princess Madeleine and Chris will remain in Sweden. The family will celebrate both together but also in different places. It's an important period for recovery.
Så ska kungafamiljen fira jul och nyår _ Svensk Damtidning

Victoria, Estelle and Oscar received the Christmas Trees from students of the Master's program of Forestry at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcrbZ-4HkYS/

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Court website
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar tog emot granar - Sveriges Kungahus

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t...234_626348027540332_2986483738084376576_n.jpg

It's a little more than a week left for Christmas. Even for the royal family members note this. Crown Princess Victoria came to Royal Palace to receive Christmas trees. With her she had her children Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar.
The trees were handed over by students at the master's program at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU, and they are then used at Drottningholm, Haga and Royal Palace.
- It is an annual tradition that has been in the royal family for a long time. Students at SLU have handed Christmas trees to the Palace since the 1960s, says Margareta Thorgren.
Estelle and Oscar looked deligted the firs and probably wondered how to decorate it at Haga Palace. Victoria was talking to the students.
It usually varies which of the royal families who come to the Palace to receive the firs.
But Princess Estelle has begun to get used to these contexts. This was her third year as a Christmas tree recipient. In previous years, however, she had no company of little brother Oscar, but only by Crown Princess Victoria.
The delivery of the Christmas Trees took place at 9 o'clock on Thursday morning, and then it continued with a Christmas service in the Royal Chapel for the employees of the court and for the entire royal family.
After that, a Christmas lunch was planned with a well-arranged Christmas table and speech by the king who wishes to take the opportunity to thank the nearly 250 employees employed by the Royal Court.
- All employees are invited. A large proportion of those working at the court never meet the Royal family in their daily work and therefore this Christmas lunch is one of the highlights of the year when the entire royal family is participating and the king thanks everyone for good employee efforts, said Margareta Thorgren.
As the royal family has grown and little princes and princesses have come in the family, of course, they are also participate in the best of their ability.
- It's a nice and merry mood. The king thinks it is very important to thank all the employees and it is a tradition he continues, says Thorgren.
Här drar Estelle och Oscar i gång julfirandet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Kungafamiljen tar emot årets julgran _ Aftonbladet

Invitation to the Christmas lunch
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcrjNt9jcb6/?tagged=kungligaslottet

I wonder if we are going to get pictures of the Swedish Royals celebrating St. Lucia day in Sweden.

Victoria, Estelle and Oscar received the Christmas Trees from students of the Master's program of Forestry at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcrbZ-4HkYS/

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Court website
Kronprinsessan, Prinsessan Estelle och Prins Oscar tog emot granar - Sveriges Kungahus

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t...234_626348027540332_2986483738084376576_n.jpg

what a nice tradition!
It looks like Victoria was trying to get a smile from Oscar with no luck:lol:
https://s18.postimg.org/5je3xsfjt/image.jpg

Oscar is so cute- he looks like a child in Dickens era London.

It seems that there was only one photographer, Karin Törnblom, at the Palace yesterday when Victoria and the children received the Christmas Trees. The photos published at IBL Bildbyrå (and the same photos at Rex, IBL has a contract with them) are taken by Karin Törnblom, and she published also a slideshow of the photos at her Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcsKZ82Bia4/?taken-by=photographerkarintornblom

Article about the Royal Family's Christmas at Expressen Söndag (Sunday magazine).
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I love the Christmas tree tradition. And I love seeing both kids there :flowers:

Nice lunch with the whole family for their employees. Likely means a lot

Love the photos of the CP family visiting the trees at the palace. Estelle looks absolutely charming in her gorgeous coat.

:previous:Something amazing to look forward to every year:winkiss::winkiss::winkiss:

Thanks for the video and the screenshots.
The video is really great. What a lovely family, Estelle and Oscar are so cute.

What a nice Christmas video. Love the family on sleds

These Christmas videos are always such a highlight every holiday season! Victoria and Daniel seem like such involved and loving parents, and they always manage to convey a real sense of cozy Scandinavian tradition.

I like how Estelle helps to decorate the exterior Christmas tree. She arranges the cookies methodically. She is indeed precious!

The video of the CP family is just lovely. Estelle is such a charming little character. Victoria and Daniel seem like great parents too.

It's a lovely video from the family. I'm waiting for the day that Estelle is dressed for a St. Lucia pageant. ?

What adorable photos of them all in the snow,couldn't be more festive!

Svensk Damtidning writes, that at video we could see Daniel and Oscar on a snow sled. Snowracern comes from STIGA Sports and appears to be the Snowracer SX Pro model.
- It's always good when children are moving around. We think that it is great fun that Prince Oscar goes on a STIGA snowracer, even because we are a Swedish company, says Josefine Brögger, PR manager at STIGA Sports.
STIGA Sports is a partner of GEN-PEP, Daniel will visit STIGA Sports in January.
Prins Daniel och Oscar åker snowracer _ Svensk Damtidning

Så här har vi aldrig sett dem – kunglig familjelycka i snön _ Hänt.se

Victoria and Daniel have a lovely private Christmas card.

Expressen shows the family's Christmas card. Everyone is smiling, even Oscar. Margareta Thorgren says that it is private and the court doesn't comment it. Expressen thinks that it will be a traditional Christmas celebration for the Crown Princess family. They are usually at Drottningholm with the entire royal family, and for a couple of days in Prince Daniel's home in Ockelbo where Estelle and Oscar meet with grandma Ewa and grandfather Olle.
Kronprinsessan Victorias julkort med Estelle och Oscar _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Carl Philip and Sofia attended today at "Jul i Vasastan" Christmas concert at Gustaf Vasa Church. There will also be a fundraising for Project Playground. Count Noppe Lewenhaupt's widow Lee sits behind them.
IBL Bildbyrå
Swedish Royals Attend 'Christmas in Vasastan' Concert Getty Images

The organizer of the concert is singer Fredrik Benedict, Carl Philip's and Sofia's friend, who performed at Alexander's christening. The other artist at the concert is Carola.
Här inleder Carl Philip och Sofia sitt julfirande _ Kungligt _ Expressen

German Die Aktuelle about Victoria and children receiving the Christmas Trees and about Crown princess family's Christmas greeting.

The king has held his traditional Christmas speech at Sveriges Radio and it will be shown tonight at 19.45 on SVT1.
The king spoke among other things about the terror attack at Drottninggatan, about Finland's 100 years of independence and the relationship between Sweden and Finland, about Victoria's 40th birthday, about Victoria's hikes in swedish provinces and the birth of Gabriel.
H.M. Konungens jultal 2017 - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdH9GNbHbIr/?taken-by=kungahuset

The speech at court Youtube:

Last edited:
The outside of the palace looks so festive with all the lights,lovely family photos from at the Kings desk.

The king spoke among other things about the terror attack at Drottninggatan, about Finland's 100 years of independence and the relationship between Sweden and Finland, about Victoria's 40th birthday, about Victoria's hikes in swedish provinces and the birth of Gabriel.
H.M. Konungens jultal 2017 - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdH9GNbHbIr/?taken-by=kungahuset

The speech at court Youtube:

Lovely to see Princess Christina's Book Dagar på Drottningholm behind the king! I think the book on top says Folke Bernadotte, and the one on the table is Kungliga Slottet.

Back
Top Bottom