The Princess of Orange Jewels 1: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the tiara as an object but the only one who wore it and looked good with it was Pss Irene.

Although it is nice to see Pss Amalia with another tiara I would have preferred it if she started out with a few ofthe smaller pieces. Though Pss Irene also wore this when she was very young.

I like the tiara as an object but the only one who wore it and looked good with it was Pss Irene.

Although it is nice to see Pss Amalia with another tiara I would have preferred it if she started out with a few ofthe smaller pieces. Though Pss Irene also wore this when she was very young.

I agree, I too think some of the smaller tiaras are probably a better starting point. Perhaps the Aquamarine tiara, the emerald or perhaps the antique pearl tiara, before graduating to the "middle division", including the Queen Emma, the Laurel Wreath and the sapphire necklace tiara.

The Princess of Orange Jewels Thread

Agree but C-A is so tall and grand, she’s as tall as her father. A too petite tiara would look way disproportionate.
The Peacock, a tiara I detest, looks okay on Maxima, but this time it looked small on C-A in my opinion. So even smaller tiaras may look too small.
Anyway, I think the Peacock should be reworked a bit, at least the central elements.

Starting small means that there is room to expand and develop. Starting big means she'll downsize once she wears some of the smaller tiaras in the collection. So, while I like the peacock tiara very much on her, I don't think that her strategy of starting out big is a good one. But maybe Catharina-Amalia didn't want to wear a tiara that is much smaller than the tiara of Princess Elisabeth?

The Dutch Peacock tiara is among my least favourite and would look nicer minus the central peacock element.

The Dutch Peacock tiara is among my least favourite and would look nicer minus the central peacock element.

Thanks to the many detachable elements, set en tremblant,, the diadem of the Peacock is quite effectful in the glittering department. The lighting conditions in Amman were poor (read: too good) for the amassed diamonds of all guests to sparkle. I do remember a video of Queen Máxima wearing the Peacock in less over-belighted conditions and I was really surprised by the unexpected amount of vibrance and glitter from these stones. The peculiar design is a remnant of a fashion in jewelry and on itself I like it that the parure has not been broken up because of contemporary taste.

:previous: Perhaps it is just me being old fashioned but I didn't expect to see Princess CA wearing "serious" jewellery just yet. One or two stalwarts for the time being. As for the tiara's worn? IMHO it would have looked better if Maxima and Amalia swapped. The Peacock looks good on Maxima, especially in it's En tremblant incarnation and the simple but sumptuous Dutch Diamond Bandeau. It just seems like jewellery that Maxima didn't wear until she was much older than her daughter is now treated as "nothing special". And C-A wearing it with the are red dress just didn't gel at all/

I really wish that the The Princess of Orange had been given her own tiara to mark her 18th Birthday.
Would like to have seen a new Dutch tiara!

:previous: Perhaps it is just me being old fashioned but I didn't expect to see Princess CA wearing "serious" jewellery just yet. One or two stalwarts for the time being. As for the tiara's worn? IMHO it would have looked better if Maxima and Amalia swapped. The Peacock looks good on Maxima, especially in it's En tremblant incarnation and the simple but sumptuous Dutch Diamond Bandeau. It just seems like jewellery that Maxima didn't wear until she was much older than her daughter is now treated as "nothing special". And C-A wearing it with the are red dress just didn't gel at all/

I agree, I would have thought C-A would have waited some time before she started to use rthe quite large tiaras. There are plenty of smaller tiaras to get her going.

I really wish that the The Princess of Orange had been given her own tiara to mark her 18th Birthday.

I am not so sure about an 18th brithday tiara, but if the Dutch were to get a new tiara, IMO, a good sized emerald and diamond tiara would be the one to go for.

C-A will be reigning Queen, so perhaps that's why she is wearing bigger pieces than some here might want. Also, why on earth would she get a new tiara when there is a veritable treasure trove available to her? Ingrid Alexandra and Elizabeth of Belgium I can understand.

C-A will be reigning Queen, so perhaps that's why she is wearing bigger pieces than some here might want. Also, why on earth would she get a new tiara when there is a veritable treasure trove available to her? Ingrid Alexandra and Elizabeth of Belgium I can understand.

Not only will C-A be queen regnant she's also the first Princess of Orange in her own right.
The Norwegians have a full jewel chest akin to the Dutch so if Ingrid Alexandra can so why not the Princess of Orange?

I think that ingrid-Alexandra's tiara of Pss Ragnild is larger than the Peacock tiara TBH.

The Peacock was supposedly gifted to Pss Irene on her 18th birthday. She started wearing it not long after, around the age Amalia has now.

I would have preferred the Laurel tiara as a starter. It was the one that her grandmother wore for her first appearance too, though she soon afterwards used Queen Emma's diamond harp tiara. The latter is a piece comparable in size to the Peacock, though the quality and size of the diamonds seems to be superior.

Last edited:
It used to be the tradition that Princess's would get a Tiara when they turned 18 and as Beatrix had no daughters ,the last Dutch Princesses to get one would have been Queen Julianna's daughters.

Not only will C-A be queen regnant she's also the first Princess of Orange in her own right.
The Norwegians have a full jewel chest akin to the Dutch so if Ingrid Alexandra can so why not the Princess of Orange?

Ingrid's , as we know is from her father's aunt. As far as we know, they didn't purchase it for her. Again, there's really no reason for the Dutch Family to buy a new tiara. Opinions vary on that obviously.

Personally I'd prefer to see a new tiara as opposed to the Peacock Tiara but that's down to personal taste!

The difference with Ingrid Alexandra and Elisabeth to Amalia is that the tiaras and big Jewels there are personally owned and the don't have a foundation with lots of of tiars and other Jewels to choose from. And as the dutch Jewel foundation is really big there is no need to buy a tiara for Amalia.

And the good thing is that we will see her in many different tiaras which certaintly will not be the case for Elisabeth and probably also for Ingrid Alexandra

The Dutch Tradition of new tiaras for 18th Birthdays seems to have stopped with the daughters of Queen Juliana .
I'd like to see the Peacock Tiara reworked I just don't like its current design.

There are plenty tiara´s in the Dutch collection,no need for another one.Certainly wouldn´t fall well that in more difficult
and expensive times another tiara would be aquired.

We already have a huge collection of magnificent jewels in the vault.More,much more then f.e. our neighbours to the south have-

The Dutch Tradition of new tiaras for 18th Birthdays seems to have stopped with the daughters of Queen Juliana .
I'd like to see the Peacock Tiara reworked I just don't like its current design.

There are plenty tiara´s in the Dutch collection,no need for another one.Certainly wouldn´t fall well that in more difficult
and expensive times another tiara would be aquired.

I agree, a new tiara would really not go down well in the court of public opinion.

I also think it is quite unnecessary. The Dutch have a large jewellery collection, some of it very flexible.

I am sure suitable alterations can be made to provide Catherine Amalaia an her sisters suitably perosnalised jewellery. an example of this oculd be the earrings that C-A wore at the Prinjesdag event today.

More,much more then f.e. our neighbours to the south have-

Your southern neighbours haven't set the bar too high, when it comes to jewellery collections. That said, Mathilde has been slowly acquiring new pieces.

I agree, they don't really need a new tiara. Instead of acquiring a new piece, I want to see some tiara alterations from the Dutch as well, e.g.using the rubies from Emma's diamond tiara or the sapphires from the smaller sapphire tiara as another sets of toppers of the emerald tiara.

I agree, they don't really need a new tiara. Instead of acquiring a new piece, I want to see some tiara alterations from the Dutch as well, e.g.using the rubies from Emma's diamond tiara or the sapphires from the smaller sapphire tiara as another sets of toppers of the emerald tiara.

I think the emerald tiara needs to have the 2 toppers removed for the earrings restored. Since the change was made, Max has acquird a pair of pendant emerald and diamond earrings.

They could well add sapphire toppers as well to create a "junior" sapphire tiara.

They could well add sapphire toppers as well to create a "junior" sapphire tiara.

With the converted sapphire necklace they already have a junior sapphire tiara

With the converted sapphire necklace they already have a junior sapphire tiara

They do, but that tiara clearly isn't popular with the Dutch ladies.

If I am not mistaken, it has only been used once by Maxima (in Copenhagen in 2010 for Dairy's 70th), and once each by Beatrix and Margaret.

They do, but that tiara clearly isn't popular with the Dutch ladies.

If I am not mistaken, it has only been used once by Maxima (in Copenhagen in 2010 for Dairy's 70th), and once each by Beatrix and Margaret.
And by Princess Mabel at the State Visit to the UK. And Máxima wore it again this year at the Gala Dinner for the diplomatic Corps.

And by Princess Mabel at the State Visit to the UK. And Máxima wore it again this year at the Gala Dinner for the diplomatic Corps.

Fair does. Five times in 13 years.

And she wore diamond bracelets on each wrist

Back
Top Bottom