The Duke of Sussex as Patron of WellChild

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Prince of Hearts? Give us a break!

Harry is great with kids of all ages and that is wonderful, but puh-leeze . . . he is himself, Prince Harry. He is the sum of all his years, three decades and counting.

And, he is not channeling his dead mother!

:previous: I'm tending to agree with you here. I think the use of "X of hearts" and "the people's X" have seriously reached their sell by date. :bang:

Yes Harry will continue to do very well by his charities without cheesy titles given by the tabloid press.

This is a wonderful cause and I bet Harry has learned so much about this, and these terrific children and their devoted parents in the ten years he's attended the WellChild awards and the seven years he's been the charity's patron.

It's also sad that Helping Hands can only help about 20% of the parents who approach them about renovations to their home so their beloved children can come home. I hope they get more sponsorship so this can be improved.

Last edited:
I love what Harry is doing for this organization and hopefully, as you state Curryong, it will generate more awareness of the needs of these families and donations will rise.

It is one thing to have focus on the tremendous work that is being done for children with special needs and their well being and their mental health so that they can, with confidence, explore the world around them and find their niche in it. What is sadly never brought to mind is that there are things needed and adjustments that need to be made to assure that a person has the tools to move about their world. Access ramps, wheelchairs, stair lifts and things like that rarely are brought to mind but are necessary and yet expensive beyond the means of ordinary people.

Well done Harry!

I'm glad that Harry is involved with these important charities and I really hope they get the resources that is needed to support these caregivers in such challenging situations. Awesome work!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these links, iceflower. A full day for Harry and a worthwhile one, meeting all those seriously ill children and their wonderful parents. Mrs McOmish-Rooney is indeed a super-woman as are all the mums and dads of these kids. I'm so glad the charity WellChild got some well-earned praise. The workers should be proud of themselves and I'm sure that garden will be well-used.

HRH Prince Harry meets with kids and their families at Leeds Children's Hospital earlier today.

Thanks for the videos. Amazing families and caregivers with precious children that deserve all the attention possible to get the funds and equipment needed to help them with their daily struggles. Harry is as charming as ever in these situations, the attention he gives is so prominent from taking the time to talk with families, children and staff, to quickly retrieving the ball that had fallen from the little child. Awesome work!

Harry wrapped up his visit to Leeds with a visit to a sweets factory, Haribos, which he could femember from his childhood. He was presented with several boxes of Harry-mix sweets which were moulded in the shape of his head, which he found amusing and ate a green one. Some boxes were for members of his family. Wonder whether he will give some to his grandparents!

Prince Harry gets his own 'Harry Mix' at Haribo factory in Castleford

It will be quite a buzz when Harry finally has his lady on his arm when arriving for one of these events! :flowers:

:previous: Maybe next year! Harry looks very dapper in his bow tie and dinner jacket. I'm sure he had a wonderful time chatting with all the ladies around the room. Good on the 100 Women for choosing WellChild as their charity this year. It's a great cause. Harry is due to attend the WellChild evening soon.

I love what Harry is doing for this organization and hopefully, as you state Curryong, it will generate more awareness of the needs of these families and donations will rise.

It is one thing to have focus on the tremendous work that is being done for children with special needs and their well being and their mental health so that they can, with confidence, explore the world around them and find their niche in it. What is sadly never brought to mind is that there are things needed and adjustments that need to be made to assure that a person has the tools to move about their world. Access ramps, wheelchairs, stair lifts and things like that rarely are brought to mind but are necessary and yet expensive beyond the means of ordinary people.

Well done Harry!
Absolutely!!! It warms your heart to see this Prince in action.

:previous: Harry certainly rocks 'black tie' from tip to shiny toe, but what really stands out for me is the air of total self-confidence and genial good humour he seems to exude. It's not that he is smiling so much as he looks like he is genuinely happy to be where he is, doing what he is doing and he hasn't got his "work" face on. He's standing around for photo ops with a lot of women and he doesn't look tense or like he wants to get out of there.

Harry most certainly has what we call "the gift of the gab". He has the ability to make everyone he meets feel like his new best friend. The thing is that it isn't a "game face" or a "mode" but its actually all pure Harry.

He most certainly never looks like he'd rather be someplace else. Most people that I know that have that "gift of the gab" are still there talking with people after they've said they should get going an hour ago. ?

Harry was doing what he does so well each year for this very important charity of his, the WellChild awards, bonding with very sick children and their parents following Paddington in the afternoon

. That included talking about his diet at breakfast time (hopefully Meghan will wean him off the sausage sandwiches, lol) and coaxing a shy little girl out from behind a pillar!

Prince Harry bonds with children at WellChild Awards | Daily Mail Online

:previous: Harry certainly rocks 'black tie' from tip to shiny toe, but what really stands out for me is the air of total self-confidence and genial good humour he seems to exude. It's not that he is smiling so much as he looks like he is genuinely happy to be where he is, doing what he is doing and he hasn't got his "work" face on. He's standing around for photo ops with a lot of women and he doesn't look tense or like he wants to get out of there.

I think these days Harry is generally happy--he seems to have found the someone to share his life and has worked through much of his anger and grief from his mother's death. And it shows.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the annual #WellChildAwards at The Royal Lancaster Hotel on Tuesday 4th September.

The Duke of Sussex is Patron of @WellChild, the national charity for seriously ill children and their families.

Well, now that it's nearing the end of summer, events are starting to be announced. Thank goodness.

I always feel Harry shines at these events. He is very empathetic but cheery as well, and puts people at ease. And Meghan gave young Mathilda Booth a rose from her bouquet, after the little girl presented her with it which was very sweet. They were both very interested and engaged with the people they met, I thought.

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend the WellChild Awards at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in central London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom