Queen Mary of Denmark Jewels 1: 14 Jan 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand Queen Mary is wearing the Danish rubies tonight.
The rubies came from Sweden, I think there's a good reason to pay a tribute to Queen Ingrid!

I love the Rubies - they work with Mary's hair colour.

It felt appropriate that she wore them in Sweden

Mary's choice of tiara made perfect sense. The Ruby Parure came into the DRF through Lovisa of Sweden and on top of that, the set was Ingrid of Sweden's signature piece. Likewise, it was no coincidence that Victoria wore the Connaught Tiara – commissioned for her and Frederik's shared great-grandmother.

It's symbolism. Mary will wear the Poire soon enough – likely as soon as next week.

Mary's choice of tiara made perfect sense. The Ruby Parure came into the DRF through Lovisa of Sweden and on top of that, the set was Ingrid of Sweden's signature piece. Likewise, it was no coincidence that Victoria wore the Connaught Tiara – commissioned for her and Frederik's shared great-grandmother.

It's symbolism. Mary will wear the Poire soon enough – likely as soon as next week.
Agreed. I would have been disappointed had she not worn the ruby parure. Just as she wore it to CP Victoria's wedding as a nod to the linkage there, it is only fitting that Frederik's grandmother, who was a Swedish Princess by birth would be signified and acknowledged for this very historic and special occasion.

I agree. It was a no brainer that she would wear the ruby set in Sweden. It is too tied to Sweden via its history. She also wore the Sapphire brooch for the arrival and day events. It was the perfect choice. And she looked beautiful.

I'm sure when Christian's wife eventually inherits the parure, she'll make changes to it as well.
I actually don't see the ruby ever being used by a future wife of Christian - I think Mary will use this tiara for her lifetime and the next owner will be future grandchild/wife of that grandchild. Similar to how Frederick received the tiara

I had forgotten that and it was very symbolic and wonderful to see such thought put into the choice of jewels!

I actually don't see the ruby ever being used by a future wife of Christian - I think Mary will use this tiara for her lifetime and the next owner will be future grandchild/wife of that grandchild. Similar to how Frederick received the tiara
I have no basis to go as far as that, but I can see Mary use the parure for the rest of her time as Queen. She may acquire more jewellery that may get used by her children and their spouses.

Back
Top Bottom