Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be nice to see Sofia wearing another tiara just for a change.

I honestly think Sofia just loves the Palmette tiara. It definitely suits her style and personal taste. The versatility and ease of wearing are definitely perks. I do hope she ventures out occasionally though. I still long to see her in the Aqua Kokoshnik.

Agreed. I have a soft spot for aquamarines and that's a beautiful tiara. She'd look lovely in it. Although now that you mention it, her Palmette tiara would also be beautiful with aquamarines...;)

It would be nice to see Sofia wearing another tiara just for a change.

It would, but much like Princess Marie of Denmark, she's got the one and that's it. Maybe after Victoria becomes queen, she'll let Sofia wear some of her less robust diadems, but I don't know. I don't think Madeleine lives in Sweden, so considering Sofia is basically the third lady in the land right now behind her mother-in-law and sister-in-law, they could at least toss her a bone and let her wear something different.

Over the years Princess Sofia has also been seen in the Napoleonic Cut-Steel Bandeau, and both the four- and six-button tiaras, so it seems like she probably likes her little changeable tiara the most. I've always thought it looks like snowflakes. It's very pretty, though not my favourite.

:previous: and the amethyst circlet as well.

It would, but much like Princess Marie of Denmark, she's got the one and that's it.

The difference is that in Sweden there is a Jewel foundation from which Family members can and do broow which Sofia has done already with tiaras and still does with other Jewels. In Denmark they don't't have that and Princess Marie can only use the Jewels she own herself.

Last edited:
Sofia's ring at the visit to Brussels:

Sofia wore her wedding tiara with an unknown gem! Someone can say what gemstone is?
Pic

Sofia wore her wedding tiara with an unknown gem! Someone can say what gemstone is?
Pic
Its good to see her make additions to her collection of tiara toppers. Hope she likes all of them, not sure they have all been repeated other than the pearls and the original emeralds.

Pic

It looks like onyx. Either that or very dark sapphires. I can't tell because there isn't any light shining directly on them.

I think they are the blue topaz set too. I'd love to see a Tahitian Pearl set though, it'd be amazing.

Imo the stones look far too dark to be the blue topaz set. Also, they don't even look blue to me. I'd go for black pearls because they seem to have that pearl-ish luster.

I like that she explores the possibilities of her tiara. But I'm also startled that she doesn't repeat the new sets of stones.

I wonder is there a reason we have no seen Sofia wearing a different tiara?
I'm so bored of seeing the same one every time but I will give her top marks for being creative and using different gem stones.

Imo the stones look far too dark to be the blue topaz set. Also, they don't even look blue to me. I'd go for black pearls because they seem to have that pearl-ish luster.

I like that she explores the possibilities of her tiara. But I'm also startled that she doesn't repeat the new sets of stones.
I agree, they are too dark to be the previously used blue topaz stones.

I agree, only the pearls and the emeralds have been repeated. Not sure about the blue topaz, and f they have been repeated. The turquoise and the brown stones (citrine?) from the jubilee haven't been reused yet.

I agree, only the pearls and the emeralds have been repeated. Not sure about the blue topaz, and f they have been repeated. The turquoise and the brown stones (citrine?) from the jubilee haven't been reused yet.
Perhaps they are on loan from a jeweler. Yes the only who have been repeated where the pearls and the emeralds which belonged to the tiara from when she was gifted it.

They are London blue topaz.

Is this official? They look very dark and ink blue to me. Almost like iolite or dark sapphires. Doesn't she already have another topaz set which looks to be of a very different shade of blue.

Blue Topaz

New Stones

Attachments

• signal-2024-04-24-104535_002.jpeg
    signal-2024-04-24-104535_002.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 10
Perhaps they are on loan from a jeweler. Yes the only who have been repeated where the pearls and the emeralds which belonged to the tiara from when she was gifted it.
I do not know if the pearls belonged to the tiara when she received the tiara, or she acquired them subsequently.

But it is certainly a possibility that the other semi=precious stones were not acquired, but merely borrowed. That said, this is not the sort of stuff a jewellery will have lying around. They would have had to be made specifically for Sofia, which lends me to believe she has acquired every one of these sets of toppers.

I do not know if the pearls belonged to the tiara when she received the tiara, or she acquired them subsequently.

But it is certainly a possibility that the other semi=precious stones were not acquired, but merely borrowed. That said, this is not the sort of stuff a jewellery will have lying around. They would have had to be made specifically for Sofia, which lends me to believe she has acquired every one of these sets of toppers.

I've always thought her husband gifts these to her on special occasions. So she now has emeralds (the original setting), pearls, turquoise, citrine, blue topaz and the new stones that are yet to be identified. I think she needs a set of rubies/spinels/tourmalines, something red.

It has been confirmed that it is London blue topaz gemstones

It has been confirmed that it is London blue topaz gemstones

Having seen better pictures of the tiara, I no longer doubt that it could be London blue topaz, But could you please give a source for this? I'm curious as to who confirmed it.

Having seen better pictures of the tiara, I no longer doubt that it could be London blue topaz, But could you please give a source for this? I'm curious as to who confirmed it.
I think it was UFO (?) on Instagram I saw it.

Oh how boring if they indeed are London blue topazes... 🥱 I was hoping for something nicer. Those inky blues are just blah IMO. I guess it was a cheaper alternative than splurging on sapphires or tanzanites.

Personally I don't get what's the point to get another set of blue-ish stones after you already have a set of blue-ish stones...She must love blue so much.

Personally I don't get what's the point to get another set of blue-ish stones after you already have a set of blue-ish stones...She must love blue so much.
You sound like my husband :ROFLMAO: As an incurable magpie I'd say you would need to have all the shades of the rainbow of course to suit various outfits... :lol: But I do think the inky blue is a bad choice. I would have gone for sapphires or tanzanites. And I still think she needs something red next but it needs to be a vibrant shade, not garnets that will disappear into her hair.

I really wish Sofia would wear a different tiara at the next Gala event.

Back
Top Bottom