Princess Maria Laura and William Isvy - News and Events part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and that Caroline of Monaco only speaks positive about Princess Astrid.

Isn't that rather ironic... But good to know that it isn't beyond a grand lady like Caroline of Hannover to gossip about the Gotha ;)

Maria Laura on the first row during party for queen Fabiola

There was a time that Maria Laura the oldest daughter of princess Astrid was in the back, hidden on pictures of the royals family. ..

On the birthday party of queen Fabiola (80) was she now on the first row. Between the traditional dressed royal family she was noticed with her white sport shoes. The princess, who will become 20 in august, feels herself totally relaxed on the first row.

Royalty watchers call her “a new person” since she in the beginning of this year during a show of Karl Lagerfeld was –again on the first row- shining. After the show she even gave interviews about the designs in Dutch and French.

She also is not afraid of dressing “sexy”. On the evening of the “Koningin Elisabethwedstrijd” she was wearing a black dress who was very open, you would even see her bra.

On the Party of queen Fabiola, it was her necklace that draws the attention. It could be a Chinese souvenir, because Maria Laura studies sinology at the ‘School of Oriental and African Studies’ in London” She also stayed several months in China.

article (in dutch)
http://www.gva.be/nieuws/media_cultuur/default.asp?art={FFDD155C-6ACB-4AB0-8F42-0FFECEFC458C}

Maria Laura on the first row during party for queen Fabiola

There was a time that Maria Laura the oldest daughter of princess Astrid was in the back, hidden on pictures of the royals family. ..

On the birthday party of queen Fabiola (80) was she now on the first row. Between the traditional dressed royal family she was noticed with her white sport shoes. The princess, who will become 20 in august, feels herself totally relaxed on the first row.

Royalty watchers call her “a new person” since she in the beginning of this year during a show of Karl Lagerfeld was –again on the first row- shining. After the show she even gave interviews about the designs in Dutch and French.

She also is not afraid of dressing “sexy”. On the evening of the “Koningin Elisabethwedstrijd” she was wearing a black dress who was very open, you would even see her bra.

On the Party of queen Fabiola, it was her necklace that draws the attention. It could be a Chinese souvenir, because Maria Laura studies sinology at the ‘School of Oriental and African Studies’ in London” She also stayed several months in China.

article (in dutch)
http://www.gva.be/nieuws/media_cultuur/default.asp?art={FFDD155C-6ACB-4AB0-8F42-0FFECEFC458C}

what does Koningin Elisabethwedstrijd mean?

It is a Competitions for violinists, pianists, composers and singers held in Brussels every year.

Queen Elizabeth Contest

Another picture of the princess at the Queen Elizabeth Contest, final concert.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=GO1SSH4K

translation:

Princess Maria Laura goes sexy

Princess Maria Laura (19) seems to have blossomed. The shy teenager has completely disappeared. Princess Astrid' oldest daughter is regularly noticed during public appearances of the royal family.

She accompanied king Albert and queen Paola to the final concert of the Queen Elizabeth Contest. The ideal scenery for a dazzling Maria Laura, who claimed all attention in an airy, white summer dress.

i think its great that she's finally emerging on her own.....earlier all the attention went to her brother....everyone considered him to be the looker of the family(well he is anyways....among the men atleast) but now people are seeing her finally emerge from her cocoon.....and she turned out terrific

I have enjoyed seeing pictures of her as she has grown. Princess Maria Laura has become a very elegant young lady.

If I understood the article correctly then she is going to be studying in Paris in the Fall?

It's so nice to see a young lady of 20 years acting refined. Compare her to Charlotte Casiraghi and the Euro crowd which she runs aroung with.
Astrid and Lorenz should be commended for raising such a beautiful daughter.

I really admire Maria Laura. She just seems like a hard working polite young woman. And we are very similar in age (I turn 20 on saturday)

According to the site dhnet.be, Maria-Laura will continue her studies in Paris. She will be registered in the third year on the National Institute of the Languages and Oriental Civilizations.

Maria-Laura has very strong features, and looked a bit like an 'ugly duckling' through her teens. But going away to University seems to have given her confidence and to learn how to make the best of what she has.

I wish her well for her next 20 years!

I think Maria-Laura has become such an elegant young woman. I always enjoy reading about her. I agree with PamK. Her parents must be very proud of her.

Re: Great photo of Pss Maria-Laura

Great photo. Pss Maria-Laura resembles her grandmother and her mother Pss Astrid a lot. Great to hear abt her course of study.

Thank you for sharing this great photo.

According to 'Het Laatste Nieuws' a certain Belkhir Sayah who lives in Marseille is sending messages to the house of Prince Laurent & Princess Astrid in which he announces his new movie about the disappearance of dinosaurs. He claims that Princess Maria Laura and Princess Sayako of Japan will play in the movie. According to the palace no official complaint had been made yet but they are looking into what legal possibilities they have,

Article in Dutch here.

You mean Prince Lorenz.

There are some weird people on this world.

Glad to see her out, wish we had clearer pictures. :)

Yeah, she was by accident discovered by the camera crew of a Belgian television chain. She doesn't like the spotlights I think, as all the childern of Astrid and Lorenz but indeed nice to see her and to hear her speak. Her dutch is very good.

Oh yes, it is so refreshing and animating to see a "new" Royal face, and such a beautiful one.

Princess Maria Laura, Belgian Ambassador to the UN Jan Grauls and Outgoing Foreign Minister and
Minister of Institutional Reforms Steven Vanackere assisted to the United Nations General Assembly
in New York City, USA, Saturday 24 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Princess Maria Laura is currently doing a internship of 4 months at the Permanent Mission of Belgium to the United Nations in New York. There is a chance that the princess will get a permanent job there after this is finished.

Source

A friend of mine went with her daughter and Princess Maria Laura for shopping to Zara. Nobody recognised her !

Place Royale on Facebook has posted a video of Princess Maria Laura in Hong Kong along with a few screen caps. The Video is in French.

https://www.facebook.com/PlaceRoyale/

"Belgium Business Week – Cross-Border Investment between Belgium & China, Business Seminar"

"Thanks to their creativity these Belgian companies have succeeded out of our borders all the way to China. What do they have in common? How did they differentiate from competitors? Each of our speakers has a captivating story to tell and will be keen to answer your questions."

"In the presence of Her Royal Highness Princess Maria Laura of Belgium"

Belgium Business Week – Cross-Border Investment between Belgium & China, Business Seminar | BLCCHK

"The Belgium King’s Day celebration on 14 November was honoured by the visiting HRH Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este. Financial Secretary John Tsang Chun-wah was the guest of honour. He was on his usual charm offensive and hailed the longevity of the Belgium Consulate General which was established back in 1926."

First ever Belgian Week is on now! Belgium's Michele Deneffe trades in Tintin | Hong Kong - Politics, Policy, Government & Diplomacy

Back
Top Bottom