Princess Maria Laura and William Isvy - News and Events part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sancia

Royal Highness
City
N/A
Country
France
Here is the new topic to discuss about princess Maria Laura, daughter of princess Astrid and archduke Lorenz. Old news and pics can be found on the two shared topics for princess Astrid and archduke Lorenz's children: here and here.

A wile ago we were discussing about the education of princess Maria Laura. This week a Belgian magazine has explained her school history:

* She did her elementary and secondary(high) school in the Dutch speaking school "Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege" in Brussels (also the former school of Amedeo, Joachim and the school of Louise Maria, Leatitia Maria, Elisabeth and Gabriël): Flemish, strikt and extremely solid education
Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege Brussel - Startpagina

* The last 2 years of her secondary (high) school she went to the " Saint Johns International school" in Waterloo: not only very expensive but also a school of high level. the students who graduate from that school can go without any problemns to Harvard and Oxford. Maria Laura said herself that she sometimes had problems with the subject matter.
St. John's International School - Brussels, Belgium

* Last year she went to London, where also her bother Amedeo is studying. she choose for a ba helor education in management and Chineese language at the "School of oriental and African studies"
SOAS: Study Asia, Africa & Middle East at University of London, SOAS

* Nowedays Maria Laura is in China where she is folowing an 8months during intesive language course Chinese.

She very much looks like Princess Astrid

I think she looks quiet a lot like Jo Omera a member of former Band S club 7

I think she somewhat resembles Archduchess Elisabeth Maria Henriette Stephanie Gisela, the only child of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria (suicided son of Empress Elisabeth, "Sisi") and Princess Stéphanie, daughter of King Léopold II of the Belgians.

Archduchess Elisabeth Marie of Austria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Elisabeth_Marie_Austria_01.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Erzsibeth.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/1/11/ErzsiOtto.jpg

It's freaky how much she looks like Archduchess Elisabeth Maria. But at the same time IMO she does look alot like her mother and grandmother.

I also think she resembles her mother a lot. I have a question.... why does she carry the title of Princess when her mother is the royal one?

I also think she resembles her mother a lot. I have a question.... why does she carry the title of Princess when her mother is the royal one?

Well, because her father is styled as Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia by birth, and he was also created Prince of Belgium by Royal Decree of 10 Nov, 1995. So all the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid are styled as HIRH, of which the title "HIH" is actually from the paternal side instead of the maternal. :)

Well, because her father is styled as Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia by birth, and he was also created Prince of Belgium by Royal Decree of 10 Nov, 1995. So all the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid are styled as HIRH, of which the title "HIH" is actually from the paternal side instead of the maternal. :)

It is also so that in all the grandchildern of king albert and queen Paola have the titile of prince/princess! Also the childen of Philippe and Laurent!

It is also so that in all the grandchildern of king albert and queen Paola have the titile of prince/princess! Also the childen of Philippe and Laurent!

Yes, but I was referring to the title of "HIH", His/Her Imperial Highness. All the other grandchildren of King Albert and Queen Paola have gained only the titles of HRH, His/Her Royal Highness, while the children of Princess Astrid are styled both HIH and HRH. :)

Last edited:

Will all the Kings grandchildren's sons and daughters receive a royal treatment too?

Will all the Kings grandchildren's sons and daughters receive a royal treatment too?

Ummm, is the treatment here referring to the titles or allowance or ...?

As for the titles, it depends. but normally it would come from the paternal side. That's why many princesses who married to a commoner, their children would not bear any royal titles. Like the children of the Swedish Princesses. :) And it also explains why the grand ducal family of Luxembourg is styled as HRH instead of HGDH though the father and the elder sister of late Grand Duchess Charlotte were styled as HGDH. It was through her marriage to HRH Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma, Grand Duchess Charlotte herself was styled HRH, and so were their maleline descendants. :)

Last edited:

For the title Prince/Princess of Belgium there is no limit at the moment. So all the descendants of King Albert II. will be Prince/Princess of Belgium both int he male and female according to the Changes from 1991. Probably this will be changed at some moment because if not there will be an inflation of Princes and Princesses of Belgium after a few generations.

I see. :flowers: Interesting replies, alterego and Stefan...

Yes, I believe they will change this. If Laurent, Astrid or Philippe's children have one day so many children like their parents, soon Belgium will become the country of Europe with more Princes and Princesses. And maybe the Belgians wouldn't be very glad to pay taxes to support all these children's expenses (I guess). :ermm:

Princess Stéphanie, wife of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria

I think she somewhat resembles Archduchess Elisabeth Maria Henriette Stephanie Gisela, the only child of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria (suicided son of Empress Elisabeth, "Sisi") and Princess Stéphanie, daughter of King Léopold II of the Belgians.

No...
She resembles Princess Stéphanie, wife of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria:
Grafika:Stefanie of Belgium.jpg - Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

I think, Belgian princesses it are not pretty:ermm:

I read today in the newspaper (de standaard) that Princess Maria Laura was at the show of Chanel in Paris yesterday. I can not find any pictures.

thank you very much for the picture. Princess Maria Laura becomes more of a young woman every time I see her in pictures. She looks so beautiful in this one and I love the way her hair is done.

I agree with Elisabetteke.
Where and when was this pic taken?

During the fashion show of Chanel this week in Paris

Here you can see a little video about the Princess Maria Laura during the fashion show of chanel in Paris.
deredactie.be

Thank you Stephanievl, what language was she speaking in?

thank you very much stephanievl for the video.
I never heard Princess Maria Laura speek. Her Dutch is qiuet good, only she still has a little French accent (but maybe that's also because it's more 'chique'). I already said sometimes that she looks a lot like her mother and in this video it's even more clearer. She moves her head like her mother and has the same facial expressions like her mother.

When Maria Laura talks to Karl Lagerfeld, he says that her mother wrote a nice letter to him. He also tells her to send his regards to her mother and that Caroline of Monaco only speaks positive about Princess Astrid.

Back
Top Bottom