Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 4,February 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allt om Kunligt website reveals that Chris is currently planning his 50th birthday, the celebration will take place in Florida.
Sources close to the couple tell that preparations are in full swing. A drink at home before the group heads to a special meat restaurant in Miami that Chris is said to be particularly fond of. Chris's foreign friends will be there, and some of Madeleine's friends from Sweden will also fly in. Dag Werner and his wife Natalie are coming and also Louise "Lussan" Thott and Gustav Thott. Chris' best friend Cedric Notz and his wife Andrea Brodin will also be at the party.

@LadyFinn or anyone else, I am not familiar with Allt om Kungligt, which means "All About Royal" is it a fairly new publication?

My takeaway is that Chris' 50th birthday is on June 27 and there will be a birthday party for him at a Miami restaurant. I don't think a date was given but presumably it will be on or around June 27.

German Gala Magazine asked from the Royal Court, if Madeleine and family will be in Sweden on the National Day June 6.
The Court responded on May 7: "We are constantly updating the official calendar on the Royal Court website. Information about the official appointments of members of the Royal Family is published there".

Allt om kungligt -web magazine quotes Expressen's paywall article:
According to Expressen, Chris has registered a company in Stockholm with his friends Cedric Notz (his bestman and husband of Andrea Brodin) and Marco Wajselfisz (godfather of Nicolas).
Chris is chairman and board member of the company, which has been named Belgravia Advisors AB. The company's address goes to a historic property on Östermalm in Stockholm, which houses an exclusive office hotel. It's very close to the Royal Mews.
Belgravia Advisors AB is a subsidiary of a company that Chris previously registered in Florida.

Looks like a very specific step towards establishing a future in Sweden. Belgravia most likely refers to the London neighborhood of the same name.

Not sure whether combining business and friends is the best idea. If things go wrong business wise, it might also affect personal relations.

Finnish Iltalehti quotes Expressen's paywall article
Margareta Thorgren says that as Madeleine and her family's move is such a large move that the family will come in stages. The house needs to be emptied and other such stuff. They have lived in the United States for many years, there is a lot to plan there.
Madeleine will return to Sweden already in mid-July. Thorgren says that the family plans to vacation in Sweden together, and they also plan to attend Victoria's birthday party on July 14 in Öland.
The children will go to a Swedish school in the autumn.

I am trying to understand the stages. It sounds as if Madeleine and the children will move back in July (bringing basic stuff like clothes) and Chris will come as well but go back to Florida afterwards to arrange the real move later that summer. Or will he not come at all until he's arranged everything back home?

Well kids will be finished school for quite a while. My understanding is that Chris will come later.

Of course it’s huge but ai don’t think for one moment they just won’t hire someone to pack their things things up.

Well kids will be finished school for quite a while. My understanding is that Chris will come later.

Of course it’s huge but ai don’t think for one moment they just won’t hire someone to pack their things things up.
For sure. However, you still want someone at the house when they are packing to answer any questions about what should happen with certain items that for example cannot be transported by container or air, things that might be left behind or will be taken on as 'luggage' when flying to Sweden. And there is quite some paperwork to sign for international moves.

There is no reason why they cannot just move back to Sweden all at the same time - but it makes sense to move out of your house a few days prior to the official move as to be able to live somewhat of a normal life for the children. In their case, I expect they'll need a few days packing even with a large team of movers - as well as a day for loading everything into the container(s). So, it looks like they decided that Madeleine would take the children to Sweden while Chris takes care of the move itself.

I am trying to understand the stages. It sounds as if Madeleine and the children will move back in July (bringing basic stuff like clothes) and Chris will come as well but go back to Florida afterwards to arrange the real move later that summer. Or will he not come at all until he's arranged everything back home?
As always, the statements about the move are a mess. It can also be that the finnish newspaper has not understood correctly.
Now Hänt Magazine writes:
Thorgren reveals that Madeleine will come home already in mid-June alone. But when there is a holiday, the family will be together in Sweden, the family will have holiday, as much as possible, on Öland and in Sweden.
Hänt contacts the court and asks when the whole family will be together in Sweden, and Thorgren replies in a message to Hänt: "The princess's entire family is moving to Sweden after the summer".
The children have also been enrolled in a Swedish school, but exactly which one the court doesn't want to specify.
- The children will start in schools in the Stockholm region.
There have been rumors about Carlsson's school in central Stockholm.

I only believe it when I see it, the whole family in Sweden. I don't see Chris permanently in Sweden at all, with the tabloid press having a field day chasing him and writing about how uncomfortable he looks at family events. Maybe they move there and he will have his escape route by doing extended business trips abroad.

and Thorgren replies in a message to Hänt: "The princess's entire family is moving to Sweden after the summer".

Since the school year begins in late summer, the children will be unable to start on schedule if they only move to Sweden "after the summer". Does this suggest the move is being postponed again, or is it only their father who will wait until after summer to return to Sweden?

After all those messages of Mrs. Thorgren I get the impression that she doesn't exactly know how the family's plan is. But , that is probably not her fault, but Madeleine and her husband seem to have problems with the great move.
Madeleine recently looked haggard and stressed. Maybe they still have problems to find a compromise. It isn't easy to move a whole family from another continent with a different culture and style of living to another continent. Maybe Chris wanted to stay in the US and Madeleine tried and after a while wasn't comfortable, homesick, wanted her children to be back in her family. I can well understand that. Chris on the other hand seems to be a very cosmopolitan guy having grown up in family like that. He doesn't belong to a royal family, always insisted to provide for his own family, doesn't want to subdue to royal duties like some other husbands have done. Although, when I think about it, the only othersthat come to mind is Daniel of Sweden and the late Duke of Edinborough who completely gave up their own life and ambition to support their wifes.
Sure there is a difference because Madeleine is not the heir... I just hope for them to have made the right decision and they all will be content with the new life in Sweden.
It will not be easy for the children because they are in an age where they have grown up and went to school in the US, maybe adapted the lifestyle and made friends.
Anybody who ever made that experience of moving a family with children from one country to another will understand that this is not an easy thing to do

After all those messages of Mrs. Thorgren I get the impression that she doesn't exactly know how the family's plan is. But , that is probably not her fault, but Madeleine and her husband seem to have problems with the great move.
Madeleine recently looked haggard and stressed. Maybe they still have problems to find a compromise. It isn't easy to move a whole family from another continent with a different culture and style of living to another continent. Maybe Chris wanted to stay in the US and Madeleine tried and after a while wasn't comfortable, homesick, wanted her children to be back in her family. I can well understand that. Chris on the other hand seems to be a very cosmopolitan guy having grown up in family like that. He doesn't belong to a royal family, always insisted to provide for his own family, doesn't want to subdue to royal duties like some other husbands have done. Although, when I think about it, the only othersthat come to mind is Daniel of Sweden and the late Duke of Edinborough who completely gave up their own life and ambition to support their wifes.
Sure there is a difference because Madeleine is not the heir... I just hope for them to have made the right decision and they all will be content with the new life in Sweden.
It will not be easy for the children because they are in an age where they have grown up and went to school in the US, maybe adapted the lifestyle and made friends.
Anybody who ever made that experience of moving a family with children from one country to another will understand that this is not an easy thing to do
People like Prince Daniel or the Duke of Edimburgh are (or were) married to future queens, so they had no alternative but to give up their former private life and become full-time working royals. That is not the case, however, of most husbands of royals who are not direct in line to the throne. Pieter van Vollenhoven, Lorenz of Austria-Este and Sir Timothy Laurence are examples of men who married royal princesses and did not have to give up their careers.

I doubt Chris is expected to become a working member of the Royal Family, even on a part-time basis. I believe the real issue for him is moving to Sweden, when he would rather stay in the United States probably.

Since the school year begins in late summer, the children will be unable to start on schedule if they only move to Sweden "after the summer". Does this suggest the move is being postponed again, or is it only their father who will wait until after summer to return to Sweden?
The school year starts around 20th of August, which is the start of autumn on our latitudes. So yes, it's considered to be "after the summer".

Chris has answered to Expressen in an e-mail about his new company and how he will set up life in Stockholm.

Belgravia Advisors AB is just been started. It is active, but is not expected to generate revenue to any meaningful extent this year, Chris writes.
He wants time with his family, given the family's planned move, it is important for him balance his career - which according to him is a private matter - with the fact that he is married to Madeleine.
Chris will still move around the world to the extent necessary: "I plan to have my base in Stockholm full time, but will travel as often as my job requires."
That Chris himself hasn't yet registered in Sweden is one of the reasons why he chose to bring his friends into the board: "They also satisfy the requirement that more than half of the board members reside in the EES."

The website of Belgravia Advisors AB:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom