Princess Christina of Sweden Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel the Buttons look the best on her because they fade into her snow white hair so well. They are not as harsh or jarring on her.

I agree with you RubyPrincess and An Ard Ri about the six buttons. It looks best on Christina.

I have a question about a pearl choker princess christina often wears. It is a three row choker with a big diamond clasp in front. I think it looks as if there is an S in the middle of the clasp. Is this true? If so has the necklace belonged to either Sibylla or Sofia earlier?

:previous: She looks very nice in the 6 button tiara. I actually quite like that one although I know many who rate it along the same lines as the infamous Poppies. But the necklace is, pardon the pun, a real gem with it's stunning cross pendant.

Is it just the light or are the sapphires cabochon cut?

Christina's earrings look like sapphire beads and the stones in the cross do like cabochons. That's an unusual piece.

Last edited:
I love the cross, wonderful piece that could be worn many ways. Great to pass down through generations, or have smaller ones with different stones made for younger generations.

As staten in à other thread
Princess Christina wore the large aquamarine tiara owned by her sister princess margaretha

A question to our jewelry experts out there:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Princess Christina of Sweden,,,, Surprise Tiara

Is there any offical document available about the jewels which are in the Swedish royal foundation? Or would this be more like a private aquisition ?

I haven't heard about an official document, but Göran Alm has written a book "Smycken för drottningar tillhöriga de Bernadotteska stiftelserna: Stockholms slott" (Jewelry for queens belonging to the Bernadotte foundations: the Stockholm Palace).

An article
Kungliga smycken som symboler för värdighet och makt Nationalencyklopedin
Translation

The Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara really suited Princess Christina,I'm very glad this historic tiara being used again!

The Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara really suited Princess Christina,I'm very glad this historic tiara being used again!

It would be lovely to see it re-enter the main royal collection again, and perhaps be used more widely. Will we see a smaller collection of jewels to be used by the more junior royal ladies: Maddy, the wife of CP, the Kings sisters etc

I love the brosch, can it be silver or is cut steel she wore a brosch a few years back i never saw up close, but i thought then it could be cut steel.

Last edited:
The one you call Hohenzollern tiara unfortunately is a photo montage. The Princess hasn't worn it, it is not known to be owned by the Hohenzollerns.

The colours on the picture with the Hohenzollern emerald tiara are difficult to make out and I believe they are deceiving. I believe that it might be the same sapphire tiara which Countess Alexandra Schenk von Stauffenberg wore on her wedding to Prince Karl Friedrich zu Hohanzollern.

Last edited:
Thank you Tilia C. I removed the photo.

Back
Top Bottom