Princely House of Hohenlohe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should it be unheard of in aristocracy and royalty?

I'm curious as well. The article implies Doña María will be the first member of the house of Hohenlohe to marry somebody of the same sex, but what about members of other Spanish or German aristocratic families?

Hopefully there will be photographs from the wedding. Does the family own any historic tiaras which they might wear?

To be official, the family must have accepted it well.
Congratulations to the two brides!

I don't think parental consent is a requirement for marriages in the Spanish aristocracy. The consent of the King was historically required for marriages of Grandees, but that requirement fell into disuse quite a long time ago.

I know nothing about the family, but María's second cousin Victoria von Hohenlohe applied to succeed as Duchess of Medinaceli rather than stepping aside for her younger brother as some Spanish heiresses have decided or been pressed into doing. Perhaps that indicates that the family is accepting of equality and does not insist its members follow the concept of a traditional patriarchal family?

From the article it appears that Doña Carlota, other than being female, is a traditional Spanish aristocratic bride, having graduated from the same primary school as the King and being from a family which moves in the same circles as the Duke of Alba.

Last edited:
I'm curious as well. The article implies Doña María will be the first member of the house of Hohenlohe to marry somebody of the same sex, but what about members of other Spanish or German aristocratic families? [...]
While there are many out gay nobles and aristocrats the only marriages I know of are:

Spain - The Duchess of Medina Sidonia married her longtime partner, Liliana Maria Dahlmann, only hours before her death in 2008.

Italy - Prince Giulio Durini di Monza married Brazilian Henrique Mollica in 2014.

UK - Lord Ivar Mountbatten married James Coyle in 2018.

Sweden - Countess Sophie Mörner of Morlanda married Cajsa von Zeipel in 2018.

Germany - While not married Duke Franz of Bavaria has been in a long time relationship with Thomas Greinwald who seems to be accepted by the aristocracy and accompanies Franz both to official and more private events.

Not a marriage but when we are on the subject of LGBTQI marriages and acceptance:
The British Pemberton family who owns Trumpington Hall had the inheritance rules of a family trust controlling the estate changed in 2016 to specifically allow widowed same-sex husbands and wives to have the same rights as other widowed partners.

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, attended the extra festival concert "Der wendende Punkt" as part of the Munich Opera Festival 2021 at Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich on July 30:

** Pic **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe attended the Mauro Bergonzoli live painting and Sebastian Knauer piano concert at the VIP opening of the Mozart@Augsburg Music Festival at Country Atelier in Kirchheim/Augsburg yesterday, September 4:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Heinrich zu Hohenlohe, as representative from the Edward Tyler Nahem Fine Art gallery, attended the first day of the Art Basel 2021 exhibition at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami Beach, Florida, on December 2:

** Pic **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe attended the premiere of the Horror Picture Show in Munich yesterday, March 16:

** Pic **

Hubertus of Hohenlohe and wife Simona attended the pre-wedding party of Isabelle Junot and Alvaro Falco in Plasencia, Spain, on April 1:

** Pic **

And at the wedding itself on April 2:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Feodora zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen has presented her new art book in Berlin on April 7:

** gallery **

And Hubertus of Hohenlohe accompanied by wife Simona opened his exhibition "Narcistic Overload" in Munich on April 7:

** gallery **

Cecile of Hohenlohe attended "The Seeds Of Vandana Shiva" Screening at NeueHouse Madison Square in New York City today:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Philipp, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, is the head of the House of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

Hubertus of Hohenlohe and wife Simona attended the Dior Fashion Show in Seville yesterday, June 16:

** Pic **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, attended the Bentley Mets Art Showroom München event on October 20:

** Pic **

Hubertus of Hohenlohe attended the premiere of the "Company" theatre play at UMusic Hotel Teatro Albéniz in Madrid on November 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe attended the premiere of the opera "Lohengrin" at the Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich on December 3:

** Pic **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe attended premiere of the Circus Krone Winter season show in Munich yesterday, December 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe attended the "Dirty Dancing" musical premiere in Munich on March 9:

** Pic **

Are the Hohenlohe from Langenburg invited for the coronation?
Seen no press release yet, which they normally do when invited.
Txs.

I'm curious as well. The article implies Doña María will be the first member of the house of Hohenlohe to marry somebody of the same sex, but what about members of other Spanish or German aristocratic families?

Hopefully there will be photographs from the wedding. Does the family own any historic tiaras which they might wear?

I don't think parental consent is a requirement for marriages in the Spanish aristocracy. The consent of the King was historically required for marriages of Grandees, but that requirement fell into disuse quite a long time ago.

I know nothing about the family, but María's second cousin Victoria von Hohenlohe applied to succeed as Duchess of Medinaceli rather than stepping aside for her younger brother as some Spanish heiresses have decided or been pressed into doing. Perhaps that indicates that the family is accepting of equality and does not insist its members follow the concept of a traditional patriarchal family?

From the article it appears that Doña Carlota, other than being female, is a traditional Spanish aristocratic bride, having graduated from the same primary school as the King and being from a family which moves in the same circles as the Duke of Alba.
I don’t think that is the case of the Medinaceli Ducal family, the title had not remained with patrilineal descendants of the first title holder anyways so it probably didn’t make a difference and titles have been shared among members.

I don’t think that is the case of the Medinaceli Ducal family, the title had not remained with patrilineal descendants of the first title holder anyways so it probably didn’t make a difference and titles have been shared among members.

You don't think what is the case?

You don't think what is the case?
The accepting of equality or traditional patriarchal noble holding because the family aren’t patrilineal descendants of the first title holder anyways. Plus there were many titles split/shared amongst the Medinaceli family and Victoria got her inheritance portion from the Duke of Sergorbe.

The accepting of equality or traditional patriarchal noble holding

These are two irreconciliable positions: a family might be accepting of (gender) equality or they might hold to traditional patriarchy, but by definition they cannot do both. So, which one do you "don't think is the case" for the Medinaceli family?

Back
Top Bottom