Princely House of Hohenlohe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe, attended the premiere of the 2nd winter programme "My Circus - My Krone" at Circus Krone in Munich on February 1:

** Pic **

Is is the soliciter and Öhringen tribe of the family?
Thanks.
I know quite a few of them but Peter is relatively unknown, except in some tabloids which the rest of the House if Hohenlohe usually shun.

:previous:

Yes, it is, he is also referred to as Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe-Oehringen.

Hubertus, Prince of Hohenlohe attended the Scuderia AlphaTauri launch event at Hangar 7 in Salzburg, Austria yesterday, February 14:

** Pic **

Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe, attended the third show premiere of the winter season as part of the 100th anniversary celebrations at Circus Krone in Munich yesterday, March 1:

** Pic **

If somebody would like to see Charles ' cousin. He likes to mention his connections with the Windsors and the journalists like to ask him every time aswell of course. His spoken English can undoubtedly be called a catastrophe but maybe he writes it better( me the other way round)
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=...=mlwMExRkJMY&usg=AOvVaw26-xgNsKxDlYmw31OkH0gl

Thank you for the link. Well, he is very closely connected to the British royal family and they visited Langenburg Castle where he lives several times when they visited Germany.

I have visited it also and there are many memorabilia of the family, not just British royal family, but the Castle is packed with portraits, photos of various family members and the tour guide tells us something about everyone, including Windors, where you can see their photos also.

Thank you for the link. Well, he is very closely connected to the British royal family and they visited Langenburg Castle where he lives several times when they visited Germany.

I have visited it also and there are many memorabilia of the family, not just British royal family, but the Castle is packed with portraits, photos of various family members and the tour guide tells us something about everyone, including Windors, where you can see their photos also.

Yes, it's quite nice. The princess who has studied economy has managed to renew the gardens and give new attractions for tourists, a Cafe included and of course the tour of the castle. the carmuseum was build by the prince's late father and is still interesting for some.
by the way there are several castles in the area, the Hohenlohe family with it's different branches, a catholic aswell, lives on almost every hill in the region :lol:
if you need more infomation feel free to contact, you're welcome

Yes, it's quite nice. The princess who has studied economy has managed to renew the gardens and give new attractions for tourists, a Cafe included and of course the tour of the castle. the carmuseum was build by the prince's late father and is still interesting for some.
by the way there are several castles in the area, the Hohenlohe family with it's different branches, a catholic aswell, lives on almost every hill in the region :lol:
if you need more infomation feel free to contact, you're welcome

Thank you for your kind reply :)

Indeed, as far as Hohenlohe family is concerned, apart from Castle Langenburg, I have also visited Weikersheim Castle two times, Oehringen Castle two times, Schillingsfürst Castle once, Castle Duino in Trieste, once home of Prince Egon and Princess Therese zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst and Castle Loučeň iz Czech Republic once, which was home of their daughter Princess Marie zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst.

Sorry for a little bit of history, but that is the main reason for my traveling. :)

I am very sad that this year I will not be able to travel due to this situation, but can't wait for next year.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you seemed to have missed Waldenburg,
which is not far from Langenburg.
It's the catholic branch and very worth visiting place. The former prince was a very interesting person, I do not know the current prince Felix though, they live much more in private than those in Langenburg who have to make money with the castle and tourists.
Waldenburg owns enough forest and runs a commercial enterprise to live on.

Last edited:
It's the catholic branch and very worth visiting place. The former prince was a very interesting person, I do not know the current prince Felix though, they live much more in private than those in Langenburg who have to make money with the castle and tourists.

I have been once in Waldenburg and to mey the Castle was not as interesting as thee is not much to see and there is a Museum in it. The former Fürst and also the present Fürst are very private as i have never seen them attending noble Events in Germany unike the other Hohenlohe Princes.

What is also very nice to visit is Neuenstein Castle where the Fürst and Fürstin zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen have their residence.

I have visited Schloss Waldenburg in Waldenburg :lol: which was residence of Princes of Schönburg-Waldenburg :flowers:

I am so sorry that I haven't seen Hohenlohe Waldenburg Castle, but it will sure be on my list for the next time.

I am not from Germany, but I travel every year for a month or so visiting Castles mostly in Germany and in neighboring countries...But, for obvious reasons this year was not my year. I wanted to go to visit Schloss Doberlug and see Dohna exhibition, but as I see it was postponed for next year, so I hope to come next year and go all around Germany during summer.

What I found interesting is that current Prince Felix married an American Barbara Ross Dabney who has also descended from German nobility through her maternal grandmother Ilse von Klösterlein (b.1905). Through her Felix and Barbara both share ancestry from von Werthern and von Wurmb noble families, which makes them distantly related.

What is also interesting is that Prince Felix is (through his mother Baroness Adelheid von Ow) fourth cousin of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, both being descendants of Karl Maximilian Friedrich Hubert, Freiherr von Pfeffel (1811-1890) and Karoline Adelheid Pauline von Rottenburg (1805-1872), illegitimate daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg (1785-1852), whose uncle Ludwig Friedrich Alexander, Herzog von Württemberg (1756-1817) is a direct ancestor of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.

A small world indeed. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What I found interesting is that current Prince Felix married an American Barbara Ross Dabney who has also descended from German nobility through her maternal grandmother Ilse von Klösterlein (b.1905). Through her Felix and Barbara both share ancestry from von Werthern and von Wurmb noble families, which makes them distantly related.

What is also interesting is that Prince Felix is (through his mother Baroness Adelheid von Ow) fourth cousin of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, both being descendants of Karl Maximilian Friedrich Hubert, Freiherr von Pfeffel (1811-1890) and Karoline Adelheid Pauline von Rottenburg (1805-1872), illegitimate daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg (1785-1852), whose uncle Ludwig Friedrich Alexander, Herzog von Württemberg (1756-1817) is a direct ancestor of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.

A small world indeed. ;)

I do not know if you speak German, but here is a link to a small documentary where the castle and price of langenburg can be seen.
https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/vid...-wuerttemberg/Y3JpZDovL3N3ci5kZS8xOTY5Nzg5MA/

I do not know if you speak German, but here is a link to a small documentary where the castle and price of langenburg can be seen.
https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/vid...-wuerttemberg/Y3JpZDovL3N3ci5kZS8xOTY5Nzg5MA/

Well, I did learn English and German in school and finished B2-1 course in Goethe Institute in Germany few years ago...It gets rusty during the year as I don't have the chance to speak, but when I come to Germany for a few weeks everything is a little bit better. :)

Btw, thank you for the link, I am watching it right now ;)

I also like the fact that in this documentary we can hear Prince Charles speaking German while visiting :)

Last edited:
Well, I did learn English and German in school and finished B2-1 course in Goethe Institute in Germany few years ago...It gets rusty during the year as I don't have the chance to speak, but when I come to Germany for a few weeks everything is a little bit better. :)

Btw, thank you for the link, I am watching it right now ;)

I also like the fact that in this documentary we can hear Prince Charles speaking German while visiting :)

well, then you understand, nice.
yes, charles speaks very well and fluently.
he visited a friends place some years ago and is more often in Germany than the press knows of.
for me the most funny fact in this video was that Philipp whose English is horrible has difficulties in German aswell, his geammar is often wrong maybe he is nervous when being interviewed though he speaks spontaneously but for some reasons he always begins sentences and finishes them without grammatical connection to the beginning. after all he is a nice guy but wasn't the brightest bunny at school, I am sure he has better talents than languages.
and as talking anout it, please excuse my faults, I suffer from a desease which challenges brain&memory a lot and so I forgot most of my language skills aswell.

Last edited:
well, then you understand, nice.
yes, charles speaks very well and fluently.
he visited a friends place some years ago and is more often in Germany than the press knows of.
for me the most funny fact in this video was that Philipp whose English is horrible has difficulties in German aswell, his geammar is often wrong maybe he is nervous when being interviewed though he speaks spontaneously but for some reasons he always begins sentences and finishes them without grammatical connection to the beginning. after all he is a nice guy but wasn't the brightest bunny at school, I am sure he has better talents than languages.
and as talking anout it, please excuse my faults, I suffer from a desease which challenges brain&memory a lot and so I forgot most of my language skills aswell.

Considering his ancestry and inbreeding within the family no wonder he is not considered the brightest. :ohmy:

Considering his ancestry and inbreeding within the family no wonder he is not considered the brightest. :ohmy:

well,
I do not know this but the personal background does not guarantee success always ;-) and as I wrote he certainly has other talents and considering the big changes in only two generations from his granny a born princess, his childhood with divorced parents and all this between being somehow a prince himself but living in a really small sort of "town" rather a village , he could have done worse.
I think he was lucky to marry that woman who had some good ideas for the business and after all I like him quite well. He has a good sense of humour.:lol:

sorting out to prepare for my 50iest, I found this, unfortunately the private photo does not copy, Philipp had his 50iest in January.
Gäste gratulieren Fürst Philipp zum 50. Geburtstag
Haller Tagblatt30 Jan 2020
Foto: privat
Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class wünschten Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe Langenburg anlässlich seines 50. Geburtstages alles Gute, vor allem beste Gesundheitg.
Im Beisein zahlreicher Gäste feierte Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg in der Remise des Schlosses seinen 50. Geburtstag. Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class überbrachten dem Jubilar die Grüße und Glückwünsche des Kreises sowie der Stadt Langenburg. Beide würdigten das außerordentliche Engagement von Fürst Philipp. So leiste er mit den Fürstlichen Gartentagen und dem Forum für Nachhaltigkeit einen wichtigen Beitrag für den Tourismus. Auch sein Engagement im Kirchengemeinderat wie auch im Gemeinderat wurden betont.

sorting out to prepare for my 50iest, I found this, unfortunately the private photo does not copy, Philipp had his 50iest in January.
Gäste gratulieren Fürst Philipp zum 50. Geburtstag
Haller Tagblatt30 Jan 2020
Foto: privat
Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class wünschten Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe Langenburg anlässlich seines 50. Geburtstages alles Gute, vor allem beste Gesundheitg.
Im Beisein zahlreicher Gäste feierte Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg in der Remise des Schlosses seinen 50. Geburtstag. Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class überbrachten dem Jubilar die Grüße und Glückwünsche des Kreises sowie der Stadt Langenburg. Beide würdigten das außerordentliche Engagement von Fürst Philipp. So leiste er mit den Fürstlichen Gartentagen und dem Forum für Nachhaltigkeit einen wichtigen Beitrag für den Tourismus. Auch sein Engagement im Kirchengemeinderat wie auch im Gemeinderat wurden betont.
but this one:( the text is about a very negative chapter of the Langenburg's princely family and why the BRF was nit overwhelmed at first when HME2 fell in love with Philip, his sister being married to a Nazi-Pro-Prince of Langenburg. The family still refuses to take a closer look, but make up your mind yourselves.

https://www.kontextwochenzeitung.de.../b/csm_Nazifuerst_170427gs0008_2aada7748b.jpg

well,
I do not know this but the personal background does not guarantee success always ;-) and as I wrote he certainly has other talents and considering the big changes in only two generations from his granny a born princess, his childhood with divorced parents and all this between being somehow a prince himself but living in a really small sort of "town" rather a village , he could have done worse.
I think he was lucky to marry that woman who had some good ideas for the business and after all I like him quite well. He has a good sense of humour.:lol:

You are right.

I was thinking about his forebears where we can see that all his ancestors were very closely related...

In recent past, they all descended several times either from Queen Victoria or from her half-sister Feodora, who married Prince von Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

Even his parents Prince Kraft von Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Princess Charlotte of Croy were related. They are 6th cousins, Kraft is descendant of Queen Charlotte of Great Britain, while Charlotte of Croy is descendant of her brother Karl II, Grand Duke von Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

All these close blood relation can effect dna and make things a bit more complicated.

In the end, hats off to a Prince who achieved so much thanks to his other talents. That is what is important!!!

yes, you are certainly right and the modern times and it's commoners marrying in will bring not only fresh wind of course. The close relationships and marriages inside the royal circle had it's good effects but mostly on behalf if stretching for more power, uniting countries if calming or avoiding conflicts and keeping heritages but the DNA was certainly not improved by this. I think Willem has probably made the best choice with marrying a woman from another continent :D
When taking a look at some royals especially the british it's sometimes creepy not mentioning the deseases being passed on to the next generations.

yes, you are certainly right and the modern times and it's commoners marrying in will bring not only fresh wind of course. The close relationships and marriages inside the royal circle had it's good effects but mostly on behalf if stretching for more power, uniting countries if calming or avoiding conflicts and keeping heritages but the DNA was certainly not improved by this. I think Willem has probably made the best choice with marrying a woman from another continent :D
When taking a look at some royals especially the british it's sometimes creepy not mentioning the deseases being passed on to the next generations.

What diseases?

What diseases?

Its too comprehensive to list , but if you are interested find it yourself
f.e. Meermann from Groningen University has edited a scientific approach&studies concerning the House if Habsburg.

What diseases?

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the Hohenlohe's but this case can explain a lot.

King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy was son of first cousins. He was only 1.53m tall and his mother Queen Margarita blamed the inbreeding in the family because Vittorio Emanule thought of himself a midget.

So, when he was to be married they have chosen insignificant Princess Elena of Montenegro. Why her of all Princesses?

Because she wasn't related to any other royals, she was extremely tall (1.80m), she was dark skinned and they thought that with all that she would straighten and inject the fresh blood into the Savoy dynasty.

It proved true...If you take a look at their descendants all of them are pretty tall comparing to previous royal generations and a bit darker.

Last edited:
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the Hohenlohe's but this case can explain a lot.

King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy was son of first cousins. He was only 1.53m tall and his mother Queen Margarita blamed the inbreeding in the family because Vittorio Emanule thought of himself a midget.

So, when he was to be married they have chosen insignificant Princess Elena of Montenegro. Why her of all Princesses?

Because she wasn't related to any other royals, she was extremely tall (1.80m), she was dark skinned and they thought that with all that she would straighten and inject the fresh blood into the Savoy dynasty.

It proved true...If you take a look at their descendants all of them are pretty tall comparing to previous royal generations and a bit darker.

Interesting, thanks! Yes, there are a lot if really interesting studies about endogamy in the royal families, to me mostly interesting for medical aspects.
so this italian was really smart!!! to change the fate of his offspings.
it's idle of course but guess queen victoria had had only two children of all of her offsprings were not spread all over europe, a nice neologism would say genefriendly :-D

But to get back to the Hohenlohe family,
the prince's forestry has its struggles and if the prince had not invested in other fields the future was unsafe. not only the climate but pests have challenged big investments and are not yet to pay off.
To adapt more sensibility for sustainable/renewable energy from Prince Charles was surely a good decision for Philipp, as his cousin has been involved a lot in these things long before Philipp took over from his father who was rather conservative dealing the forestry f.e.
Philipp build a windpark which pays off f.e.

Hubertus of Hohenlohe and wife Simona attended the Escaparate Awards in Ronda, Spain, yesterday, August 28:

** Pic **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe, attended the world premiere of the opera "7 Deaths of Maria Callas" in Munich, Germany on September 1:

** Pic **

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, participated in the 26 Eagles Tabaluga Golf Cup 2020 at the Golf Club in Tutzing on September 12:

** Pic **

Last edited:
How wonderful! Congratulations to both brides-to-be!

Congratulations to María and Carlota!

Back
Top Bottom