Danish Jewels: Suggested Additions and Alterations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Important to the DRF but perhaps even more so a nod to the tiara's Swedish history – commissioned as a wedding gift for Margaret of Connaught for her marriage to Gustaf VI Adolf.

I thought it was interesting she wore the Khedieve tiara in Sweden for the Jubilee. Given only Scandinavian royals attended I thought it showed she recognises the fact the Khedieve is important to Denmark and she was attending as a member of the Danish RF rather than the Greek.

I think she choose to wear it for her cousin's Golden Jubilee as it originates from Sweden which the ruby and emerald tiara don't. This was also done by Queen Margrethe and Queen Sonja only Crown Princess Mary choose not to do so and omitted the ruby tiara.

Was it the first time Anne-Marie wore a tiara after the King died? It could be that she is now reserving the bigger pieces for her daughter-in-law, as Queen Frederika did for AM.

Was it the first time Anne-Marie wore a tiara after the King died? It could be that she is now reserving the bigger pieces for her daughter-in-law, as Queen Frederika did for AM.

I don't see how that indicate she is reserving the bigger pieces for MC....?

Time will have to tell weather the ruby and emerald tiara are now reserved for MC. But the Swedish origin of the Khedive tiara is a very good explanation for her wearing it at the Swedish jubilee. Also, Queen Anna-Marie has been wearing it regularly over the past decades. So there is nothing unusual about her wearing it.

Time will have to tell weather the ruby and emerald tiara are now reserved for MC. But the Swedish origin of the Khedive tiara is a very good explanation for her wearing it at the Swedish jubilee. Also, Queen Anna-Marie has been wearing it regularly over the past decades. So there is nothing unusual about her wearing it.

Agree. Also, it seems much lighter than the other 2 tiaras.

Anyway, also Beneditke could leave something to the DRF, maybe in a foundation with A-M, so that their descendants can wear them when in DK.

Anyway, also Beneditke could leave something to the DRF, maybe in a foundation with A-M, so that their descendants can wear them when in DK.

Clearly the 18th birthday tiara will be left to her daughters

Does anyone know what rules there are around altering the Danish Crown Jewels? With all the diamond necklaces and brooches there seems to be enough to create a tiara to finish one of the sets

Does anyone know what rules there are around altering the Danish Crown Jewels? With all the diamond necklaces and brooches there seems to be enough to create a tiara to finish one of the sets

I do not know the rules, but I am sure adaptations can be made.

What specific changes did you have in mind?

Based on no actual knowledge of jewelry design I have 2 ideas for creating a diamond tiara from the assorted pieces in the crown jewels

1. The rose diamond suite has a brooch that separates into 3 pieces, the large center piece seems like a great center piece to a tiara. It would definitely need something added to the ends to fill out the tiara shape and it certainly wouldn't hurt to add a bit of height. The other pieces of the brooch might provide those extra elements, but this is where my creativity hits its limits.

2. There are 14 floral brooches displayed with the demi-parures, the english version of the official site calls them costume brooches but they are made of rose cut diamonds. As far as I can find no one wears them and you definitely wouldn't need all 14 to make a tiara. Something like the Poltimore tiara would probably be most straightforward but with removal of some of the small flowers something like Q Sophie of Greece's Diamond of tiara would be possible

The Greek ruby and emeral parures are stunning but the monarchy in Greece is no more so there will be few chances to wear them now. I wish another royal family would buy them but I don't see it happening. The same with the jewels of the Gloucesters, Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael, although we could be surprised and their wonderful collections might appear on other royals one day.

The Greek ruby and emeral parures are stunning but the monarchy in Greece is no more so there will be few chances to wear them now. I wish another royal family would buy them but I don't see it happening. The same with the jewels of the Gloucesters, Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael, although we could be surprised and their wonderful collections might appear on other royals one day.

The future of the Greek jewels remains a mystery. I suspect the boys have the resources to keep their respective share and not sell for the money, but I do not know the financial position of the daughters. Also, we do not quite know how the jewellery will be divided between the children.

As regards the jewellery of the Gloucesters and the three Kent siblings, I guess it will all just get sold at auction in time. The Gloucesters and Prince Michael of Kent have done well do keep most of their respective jewellery collections together thus far, though I suspect the next generation will have little use for most of it. Princess Alexandra, unfortunately, received little royal jewellery from her mother.

The Khedive should be brought back to Daisy's family. Would be lovely if the great-granddaughters of Queen Ingrid wears as bridal tiara

The Alexandrine Fringe Tiara should be given back to the main line when Count Ingolf passes

The future of the Greek jewels remains a mystery. I suspect the boys have the resources to keep their respective share and not sell for the money, but I do not know the financial position of the daughters. Also, we do not quite know how the jewellery will be divided between the children.

As regards the jewellery of the Gloucesters and the three Kent siblings, I guess it will all just get sold at auction in time. The Gloucesters and Prince Michael of Kent have done well do keep most of their respective jewellery collections together thus far, though I suspect the next generation will have little use for most of it. Princess Alexandra, unfortunately, received little royal jewellery from her mother.

What I think could happen: Queen Sophie’s Diamond Tiara, Greek Emerald Parure and The Ruby Olive Wreath Tiara will stay with Pavlos and Marie Chantal as they are historical tiaras of the Greek monarchy, as will The Miller Fringe Tiara.
Princess Alexia will keep the tiara given to her when she turned 18.
The Antique Corsage Tiara may go to Nikolaos, or Theodora or Philippos or Pavlos, but it is not such a historical tiara.
I suspect that The Khedive of Egypt Tiara could be returned to the Royal Family of Denmark through an agreement, that would be the most sensible thing to do.
But something must already be decided at this point, I believe...

The Alexandrine Fringe Tiara should be given back to the main line when Count Ingolf passes

It would be the most sensible thing to happen, it is a very valuable and historic tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary altered on a bad way Queen ingrid's Ruby tiara.
Will she alter other tiaras when she will be Queen?

What I think could happen: Queen Sophie’s Diamond Tiara, Greek Emerald Parure and The Ruby Olive Wreath Tiara will stay with Pavlos and Marie Chantal as they are historical tiaras of the Greek monarchy, as will The Miller Fringe Tiara.
Princess Alexia will keep the tiara given to her when she turned 18.
The Antique Corsage Tiara may go to Nikolaos, or Theodora or Philippos or Pavlos, but it is not such a historical tiara.
Now the Diamond Circle Tiara will remain with the Greek RF instead of the Spanish after the death of Princess Irene. Such a good option for Theodora, Tatiana and Nina!
I suspect that The Khedive of Egypt Tiara could be returned to the Royal Family of Denmark through an agreement, that would be the most sensible thing to do!
I hope too! I wanna see Princess Isabella or Princess Josephine as well all the female descendants of Queen Ingrid wearing it at their wedding days!

It would be great that the Danish Royals will have Queen Alexandrine frige tiara.

Last edited:
Now the Diamond Circle Tiara will remain with the Greek RF instead of the Spanish after the death of Princess Irene. Such a good option for Theodora, Tatiana and Nina!
Do we know for sure that Irene's tiara will revert to the Greeks, or is that speculation?

It would be preferable as Ingolf have no children and his 3 nieces (who never attends any tiara-events) have sold all the family jewels they have inherited through the years

I don’t think the greek rubies and emeralds will go anywhere anytime soon… Pavlos and Marie-Chantal will be invited to scandinavian royal events where the family heirlooms can be used… And M-C is wealthy enough through her own family to keep them…

But i wish Queen Anne-Marie will leave the Khedive Tiara to the danish King when she dies…

There have been reports that Princess Irene owns the circle tiara under the condition that it will stay in the Greek royal family. I'm not sure if these reports were 100 % credible, but there is a very good chance that it is true.

I don’t think the greek rubies and emeralds will go anywhere anytime soon… Pavlos and Marie-Chantal will be invited to scandinavian royal events where the family heirlooms can be used… And M-C is wealthy enough through her own family to keep them…

But i wish Queen Anne-Marie will leave the Khedive Tiara to the danish King when she dies…
Agreed. The Greek Princes all have the financial resources to not need to sell any jewellery they inherit. I don't know much about the financial resources of the daughters.

It would be preferable as Ingolf have no children and his 3 nieces (who never attends any tiara-events) have sold all the family jewels they have inherited through the years
That would be a great outcome, lets see how things develop though.

However it turns out, I feel quite certain the Alexandrine Fringe would be offered to the DRF privately ahead of a potential sale. But I could also quite vividly imagine Ingolf stipulating a return of it to the DRF vault in his will. His loyalty to the DRF is very evident.

I would adore to see it on Isabella one day.

He has 3 Nieces in money need. They already sold 2 family tiaras at Bruun Rasmussen.

He has 3 Nieces in money need. They already sold 2 family tiaras at Bruun Rasmussen.
A price for the tiara could privately be agreed with the main line of the DRF, so Ingolf leaves some money to his nieces and a legacy piece of jewellery returns to the main line.

I believe Count Ingolf has publicly stated he has already decided what is to be returned to the royal house. Whether that includes any jewels we can only hope.

I believe Count Ingolf has publicly stated he has already decided what is to be returned to the royal house. Whether that includes any jewels we can only hope.
Interesting, I had not appreciated that.

Back
Top Bottom