Charles III, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting he is now using the late Queen's audience room.

And why not! The room is probably the right size, to provide a cozy but not too intimate a setting for audiences.

Coptic Orthodox Christmas is celebrated on January 7, so perhaps that's the "Special" nature of the service?

Today, December 8, King Charles attended the 'Celebration of Craft' at Highgrove House and saw "the work produced by The King's Foundation's Craft programmes, including the Metiers d'Art Fellowship, the School of Traditional Arts, and the Building Arts Programme":

** gettyimages gallery **

I like the choir in the background. Doing their best & being enthusiastic.:D

King Charles received the Governor of Victoria, Australia, Professor Margaret Gardner, today, December 12:

** rex gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
How far in advance does the King Broadcast his Xmas Message?

Perhaps travelguy meant "record" rather than broadcast.

It's never very long - days not weeks,
so that any breaking event that needs to be mentioned can be added.

I think its usually the second or so week in December. Its written well before that I imagine, certainly started and bits added to it until the final draft is done.

Last year's xmas message was recorded at St. George's Chapel. I wonder if this year's we'll see a return to Buckingham Palace, or maybe somewhere new like Clarence House.

I thought his speech was as full of platitudes as the late Queen's - don't waste your time as it was simply boring. He did include clips from the coronation and the day the Wales' helped out at the scout hall (and yes we have seen it here in Australia as well as in NZ).

I thought his speech was as full of platitudes as the late Queen's - don't waste your time as it was simply boring. He did include clips from the coronation and the day the Wales' helped out at the scout hall (and yes we have seen it here in Australia as well as in NZ).

Was the speech aired in Australia before it aired in the UK? I don't think it has been posted online yet in Britain. It was due to be released at 3pm GMT.

I'm sure others have already posted but here's another talking about what Charles' said in his speech. I thought it sounded good.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/king-charles-breaks-royal-tradition-162255240.html

I like the idea that the tree is a living one that can be planted later on. Also the eco-friendly ornaments are examples of what many people would place on a tree if they couldn't afford pricey glass ones many decades ago. My mother recalled that when she was a child during WWII, anything made of aluminum or tin was saved for the war effort so tinsel and metal ornaments were not available. She remembers stringing popcorn and making paper chains to decorate their tree at their small home in New Jersey.

I thought it was very nice. It's not his job to say anything controversial.

King Charles III delivers his annual Christmas message to the nation and the Commonwealth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom