Windsor Family Resemblances 1, Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People here have said everyone looks like QV from Margaret and Elizabeth to Charlotte heck I've even heard people say Charlotte looks like QE when all these women have in common are brown hair blue eyes and they're white. It just appears like wanting to connect someone to a much more famous ancestor; I'm waiting to hear someone say William resembles George IV.

Last edited by a moderator:
People here have said everyone looks like QV from Margaret and Elizabeth to Charlotte heck I've even heard people say Charlotte looks like QE when all these women have in common are brown hair blue eyes and they're white. It just appears like wanting to connect someone to a much more famous ancestor; I'm waiting to hear someone say William resembles George IV.

Nobody has said you have to see the same family resemblances. But many of us do see them.

What difference does it make to you if someone thinks one royal resembles another?

LaRae

What difference does it make to you if someone thinks one royal resembles another?

LaRae
It's called a message board, it's here for discussion and opinion; that's "the difference" it makes to me. I've seen this a lot on the board for years and I finally decided to comment.

Here's one, saying William looks like Edward I.

Photo

YIKES. I even think Countess Harewood and Queen Elizabeth II have a very strong resemblance. Countess Harewood’s younger son at times reminds me of Prince Harry. When I first saw the Harper’s Bazaar spread of Princess Eugenie i automatically thought of the QM.

I see a great deal of Eugenie in Queen Mom as I see the same facial features in Princess Charlotte as I see Beatrice has the same facial features as Queen Victoria.......all one has to do is check the pictures posted here by others to see those features. And they both Eugenie and Beatrice has that gorgeous English rose complexion.

Paintings of Victoria are very flattering to say the least. The photos say differently.

A number of posts have been edited or deleted because of back and forth bickering. Let's please be respectful of one another. Thanks.

I know most people seem to say that Princess Charlotte looks like the Queen but I've never seen it. I think she really, really looks like Lady Sarah as a child, though.

I think she looks like Carole Middleton

i agree, I see a little bit the Queen Elizabeth II but mostly Carole Middleton and George looks like a miniature Michael Middleton IMO.

She still resembles the Queen....George is a combination of William and Michael.

LaRae

I think she looks like Carole Middleton

I really used to think so, too. But then I ran across some old pictures of Lady Sarah as a young child and I was struck by how much Charlotte resembles her. I wish I could post pictures but work computer and all that...:bang:

I think one of the resemblances that stands out for me recently is just how much Lady Louise Windsor looks like her father. Edward, though, is the one child of the Queen that, I think, looks the most like her. :D

Lady Louise is a picture of QEII. And, yes, she also looks like her father who looks like his mother. I’ve met him and was almost startled as to the resemblance.

I've always thought Lady Louise was the spitting image of her grandmother especially when she was a small child. And her uncle the Duke of York looks more & more like his mother as he gets older.

Who does Andrew resemble? He's got the Windsor gnashers, but his looks aren't Mountbatten. The Bowes Lyon side perhaps?

For me, of all QEII's kids P.Andrew has the least amount of the very strong Q.Mary genes ;)
I'm not sure he has a relative he resembles completely, but i see some resemblance in David Bowes Lyon (brother of the Queen Mother)

Andrew looks a lot like Queen Mary of Teck.

LaRae

I think Celia McCorquodale resembles her Aunt Diana (more so than Lady Kitty does despite the tabloids insisting Kitty does!) And Harry and his cousin George McCorquodale have a resemblance in facial features, (as well as the red hair.)

I think one of the resemblances that stands out for me recently is just how much Lady Louise Windsor looks like her father. Edward, though, is the one child of the Queen that, I think, looks the most like her. :D

The resemblance is uncanny! There can be no doubting who her father is in the future if it were ever to come up. (I'm not implying anything by the way - just making a joke.) She has so many of his facial features, even down to the gap in her front teeth which Edward had before braces. James has his dad's teeth but I think he looks so much more like his mother's side - Sophie as a little girl.

I don't think Andrew resembles either of his parents but i'm sure there's a family member somewhere whom he resembles. He's also been a much bulkier build then his siblings and he's definitely taller. I'm also never sure who his daughter's look like - occasionally I think Beatrice looks like him but other times I think Eugenie looks more like him.

I don't think Andrew resembles either of his parents but i'm sure there's a family member somewhere whom he resembles. He's also been a much bulkier build then his siblings and he's definitely taller. I'm also never sure who his daughter's look like - occasionally I think Beatrice looks like him but other times I think Eugenie looks more like him.
Andrew looks like the Bowes-Lyon side of the family while his siblings are more Windsor. As far as the girls are concerned, I've always thought that Eugenie looks like Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) and of course Beatrice is Queen Victoria's doppleganger.

Andrew looks like the Bowes-Lyon side of the family while his siblings are more Windsor. As far as the girls are concerned, I've always thought that Eugenie looks like Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) and of course Beatrice is Queen Victoria's doppleganger.

Beatrice looks like a cross between her father and mother...

Finally after reading all 23 pages over 14 years I will make my comments. The resemblances I notice most .
Prince Andrew and Peter Phillips, Diana and PW when young, Princes William and Edward now.
Sophie and Louise now.
Princess Anne, her mother, and Princess Alice her grandmother similar as very young children.
Princes William and George aged about 2. all three Cambridge children are very similar as newborns. People change over a lifetime, and different people can see different resemblances from similar photos. Sometimes, it can be simply an expression,. all in all, a very interesting discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom