The Royal Family of The Netherlands, Current Events Part 4 (May 2013 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like the pictures of king Willem-Alexander and his aunt princess Margriet walking arm in arm.

Prince Pieter-Christiaan, prince Floris and princess Aimée were present as well!
Lovely to see them all! Margriet and Pieter surely raised a close knit family and all their sons seem to have happy and stable marriages.

Any reason why Amalia and Ariane were not there?

Alexia and her mother looked like they spent too much time on the tanning beds.

There is no need for either of them to attend. It's just a (big) sports event. Amalia attended last year and apparently had other priorities yesterday (most likely related to her introduction period at the student corps). Ariane may not be interested in auto sports, might prefer spending her time with friends before she is off to school again or might be on her way to Italy again?!

For a random event, the royal family (especially the Van Vollenhovens) already showed up in large numbers - but that is mainly due to prince Bernhard's involvement with the Zandvoort circuit (he is one of the owners).

Edit: Ariane was expected back at UWC last week (second year students were to arrive on either Tuesday or Wednesday).

Iceflower posted pictures of Amalia together with Luana at Zandvoort further up in the thread, only Ariane wasn't there. I guess they got their tan proably from the recent holiday in in Greece.

Iceflower posted pictures of Amalia together with Luana at Zandvoort further up in the thread, only Ariane wasn't there. I guess they got their tan proably from the recent holiday in in Greece.
I don't think Amalia was there this year. I have only seen Alexia.

Which pictures are you talking about? Can you share the specific link as I didn't see her this year (she clearly attended last year).

However, I did go through the pictures more extensively this time and noticed that prince Floris (with some help of his brother prince Pieter-Christiaan) was enjoying another stint as DJ.

Which pictures are you talking about? Can you share the specific link as I didn't see her this year (she clearly attended last year).

However, I did go through the pictures more extensively this time and noticed that prince Floris (with some help of his brother prince Pieter-Christiaan) was enjoying another stint as DJ.
Sorry, my fault. Checking again I saw these were pictures of last year. So you and Alisa are right.

Very nice to see the king there too, together with his aunt. It was an amazing result for the Dutch team! And the King looks very well and seems to have had a proper haircut.

Back
Top Bottom