The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (August 2005 - Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
correct, Maxima is a UN-advisor on this topic while the crownprince doesn't have to do anything with it...

I looked at your links leon. JLo, Mark Anthony and Alyssa Milano were also at the event. It sometimes annoys me though when celebrities show up to these things that they hardly know anything about (unless they are somehow involved ???). Like Maxima said in her speech she has travelled and seen how the microcredit works for herself.
(As much as i love alyssa milano...:) )

carlota said:
i like the way all the things are the same colours and different pattern. the hair also looks great like that! hope she uses it as that many times...

I agree. I love her hair in a bun. that is such a classic style and it suits her really well. it also brings back happy memories of her engagement anouncement.

she looks great with that hairstyle, and makeup.

I like the jacket better with the pants than when she wore it originally with a long skirt with a big flunce (too much going on). But I think I would have preferred the jacket to be open, showing off the gorgeous necklace (presuming she is wearing a lower cut top).

ap3 said:
she looks great with that hairstyle, and makeup.

I like the jacket better with the pants than when she wore it originally with a long skirt with a big flunce (too much going on). But I think I would have preferred the jacket to be open, showing off the gorgeous necklace (presuming she is wearing a lower cut top).

I agree and an open neck would have been more "youthful."

I also agree that the jacket looks much better with this time, than with the dress. I also think that her pulling her hair back also made a big difference. She looks great.

Pink Tulip said:
I looked at your links leon. JLo, Mark Anthony and Alyssa Milano were also at the event. It sometimes annoys me though when celebrities show up to these things that they hardly know anything about (unless they are somehow involved ???). Like Maxima said in her speech she has travelled and seen how the microcredit works for herself.

I'm sure they get invited to attend. While they may not know anything about the subject, which I seriously doubt, they are probably giving money and lending their name. Maxima is involved mainly because she is a princess and has her name and money (through foundations probably) associated with it. If she was not a CP, I don't think she would be there...same as the actors and actresses.

Yes I see your point roxsteve. Maxima looks great anyway.

rchainho said:
Maxima looks wonderful in that green suit. Who's the designer?

Edouard Vermeulen of the Belgian haute couture house Natan.

i totally agree. it always happens that some "everywhere" celebrities are everywhere, although they have no idea about what's going on and just want to be in the spotlight. however, in some other view, if those celebrities are important and well-known, it's a good idea as it gives the event press coverage, as not many people are interested in what royals do, but they are interested in others such as (in this case) alissa or jlo.

Lovely pictures The Watcher, Maxima looks great! But why is this in the maroccan thread as it is the dutch royals who are highlighted (although at some occassions they will meet maroccan royals).

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Lovely pictures The Watcher, Maxima looks great! But why is thi in the maroccan thread as it is the dtch royals who are highlighted (although at some occassions they will meet maroccan royals).

i agree, i think this should be in th dutch forum. although they are visiting morocco and that was how we did other visits (when norway visited great britain, the thread went to great britain) but in those cases the royals took more part in the visit, while this one seems to be mainly maxima and w-a's.

Pictures from tonight opening exhibition from Maxima's sister Dolores in Cobra Museum Amstelveen. Colourpress

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 244
misshelen said:
Pictures from tonight opening exhibition from Maxima's sister Dolores in Cobra Museum Amstelveen. Colourpress

thanks, misshelen for posting!
i just saw the pictures and want to post it but somehow, attachment took such a long time. :eek: :eek:

okay, i've a question. what is Delores's relationship with Maxima?
is she a cousin, half-sister, or what?
she doesn't look like maxima or the zorreguitas.

Thank you misshelen! I think Maxima looks beautiful! Her hair is off of her face, which I think always helps, and the coat has very interesting material!

purple_platinum said:
thanks, misshelen for posting!
i just saw the pictures and want to post it but somehow, attachment took such a long time. :eek: :eek:

okay, i've a question. what is Delores's relationship with Maxima?
is she a cousin, half-sister, or what?
she doesn't look like maxima or the zorreguitas.

Dolores is the half-sister from Maxima. More pictures from Reuters and AP without watermarks:)

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 170
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 177
Images from colourpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10405131.jpg
    COLOUR10405131.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 231
  • COLOUR10405132.jpg
    COLOUR10405132.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,422
  • COLOUR10405133.jpg
    COLOUR10405133.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 243
  • COLOUR10405134.jpg
    COLOUR10405134.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 240
Who is the small lady welcoming M & WA, Dolores Z.? Max's coat looks superb!

Princess Emma said:
Who is the small lady welcoming M & WA, Dolores Z.? Max's coat looks superb!
Yes, that's Dolores, Máxima's half-sister from her father's first marriage. What a small woman! And by the way: I adore that coat! Whoopie! :D

hmm...not a big fan of the fabric of the coat. too 1960's. reminds me of my grandmother's shower curtain.

the design is really lovely though and very appropriate to this sort of event. her hair is also very well done.

a lot of dolores' art focuses on her feelings about videla's regime etc. there is some pretty gruesome stuff in that exhibit. i notice maxima keeps a very tight grip on her glass of wine while being shown around. i would too.:)

pollyemma said:
hmm...not a big fan of the fabric of the coat. too 1960's. reminds me of my grandmother's shower curtain.

I guess I adore my grandmother's shower curtain then! :p (Which is hilarious, because my grandmother actually has my old shower curtain, a nice IKEA-one).

*Maxie imagines seeing Max in a IKEA-fabric coat and rolls over the floor laughing*

But seriously, I think I would love to see Dolores' exhibition. It seems very interesting to me. Hmmm, it's in Amstelveen. Never been there, exciting! :)

I think Maxima looks great in the coat. it looks ethnic and i love the colour.
She's glowing and seems to be having a good time with WA and Delores.

anyway, how tall are WA & Maxima? they looked like giants compared to delores.

purple_platinum said:
anyway, how tall are WA & Maxima? they looked like giants compared to delores.

I thought that WA is between 1.90 and 2 meters and Máxima about 1.80. Don't know what that's in inches, sorry... if there's someone out there who could help me with the inches-bit, I would be very glad. :confused:

more pic
#1: Reuters

Attachments

• r3715163563.jpg
    r3715163563.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 447
More pictures from Colourpress

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,071
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,498
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,297
wow!! that coat looks superb!! i wonder where she got it from. it looks so beautiful... maxima is my fashion guru: i admire so much the way she combines clothes and manages to look so perfect everytime. this time she combined shoes, accessories and purse, all with the same tones of green.
nice to see that dolores and maxima have such a good relationship. also, willem seemed to know dolores quite a lot by the way he was talking with her during the exhibition and by the way he said hi to dolores... :)
i was impressed by the height difference between dolores and maxima. they also do not resemble much...

aww, still in love with her beautiful coat...!

Last edited:
more from seegerpress :

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00151461.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151461.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 230
  • pre-SEEGER00151462.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151462.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4,210
  • pre-SEEGER00151463.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151463.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 273
  • pre-SEEGER00151464.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151464.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 286
  • pre-SEEGER00151465.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151465.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 274
  • pre-SEEGER00151466.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151466.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 234
  • pre-SEEGER00151467.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151467.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 308
  • pre-SEEGER00151468.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151468.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 273
  • pre-SEEGER00151469.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151469.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 252
  • pre-SEEGER00151470.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00151470.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Thank you all for posting the beautiful photos -- and misshelen I always love when you post with no watermarks! Thank you for that! I think she looks beautiful - loving the coat! Her sparkle seems to be back -- I think she has been more subdued since the birth of Alexia.

Maxie said:
I thought that WA is between 1.90 and 2 meters and Máxima about 1.80. Don't know what that's in inches, sorry... if there's someone out there who could help me with the inches-bit, I would be very glad. :confused:

190cm is 6'4ft/76 inches and 180cm is 6ft/72 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom