The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elsa M. said:
The Crown, since the proclamation of H.M. the King, has encouraged the return to national sovereignty and constitutional agreement of the Spanish people. As heir to the throne, I am fully committed to this project for peaceful coexistence for the service of Spain. To sum up, with the backing of Crown, the Constitution offers the sturdiest framework, principles and values to enable us to successfully forge the future of Spain in a way that is shared, supportive of others and respectful of the wealth of our plurality and territorial diversity.

All these principles, all these values and ideas upon which our democracy is founded, and by extension, our parliamentary monarchy, have been and continue to be the foundation and guideline of our Awards. They will also be the way towards helping us build a better future, in the words of the following splendid verses:

Like the prayer on the wind,
Like the simple, humble voices of the grass,
Like the long word of the rain,
With the stubborn constancy of the sea on the shore.

Thank you.

Beautiful. That's why he's always been my favorite prince...

Thanks for translating Elsa. Wonderful speech! But it was so LOOONG that I thought he might have had some problems with his hals.
Is that the end of the celebration of the Awards? Will Felipe now come back to Madrid to his wife?

From terra:

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Thanks for translating Elsa. Wonderful speech! But it was so LOOONG that I thought he might have had some problems with his hals.
Is that the end of the celebration of the Awards? Will Felipe now come back to Madrid to his wife?

The acts have not ended still. Tomorrow the Prince travels to Porrúa to deliver the Prize to the Exemplary Village. Probably also come in the night to see the performance of the ballerinas in Oviedo.
So up to tomorrow in the night or Sunday he will not return to Madrid.
But calm the mother of Letizia has to be with her, today they put images her entering Zarzuela.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Wonderful speech! But it was so LOOONG that I thought he might have had some problems with his hals.
It was long, but it was so extremely well linked that it was not boring at all; but the contrary. And the last part of it (where he pays homage to HM King Juan Carlos and the Spanish Constitution) was particularly powerful and meaningful.

Though sure that there will be some critique because Spain is and certain politicians like that they cannot live without calling the attention, I believe that the speech of the Today Prince has been very good and very important. He has said what many people were hoping that he was saying, and what many people were hoping that the King had said. All the newscasters have emphasized the speech of the Prince, and I have read some articles of press that think the same thing. This one is the most important speech of the year for the Prince, and I believe that he has said what many Spanish in this moment were hoping that he was saying. I go many years seeing the ceremony and I believe that this year the Prince has taken to himself more plaudits that never, it shows of that the people agreed with his words.

Here's just an article (from Elmundo) echoing what Lula has stated:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/10/21/sociedad/1129916028.html

The Prince of Asturias has defended the Constitution, during the prize-giving ceremony of the prizes that bear his name. These words arrive in the heat of debates on the approval of the Catalan Statute and the tricky fragment embroider of the same one in the Spanish Constitution. The applause of the audience has also interrupted the Prince, when he remembered that the "historical reconciliation" and the understanding between the Spaniards have only been possible thanks to "the use and the respect to the Constitution and the constitutional values". After the ceremony, the present authorities have warmly congratulated Felipe de Borbón for his words.

does anyone know where i can hear his entire speech?

thanks

lula said:
But calm the mother of Letizia has to be with her, today they put images her entering Zarzuela.
Where? I wanna see. I bet they also asked her about Telma, huh?

planetcher said:
Where? I wanna see. I bet they also asked her about Telma, huh?

The images have appeared in the Spanish television. Though I believe that this forum is on a more serious enough topic, respondere to your question. Yes they asked the mother of Letizia her because of it and also to her father, but they are discreet persons who will never confirm they will not even deny anything, they limit themselves to being educated by the press and to answering with monosyllables. They are discreet persons, who simply are in the habit of waiting until the rumor passes.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principe_letizia_oviedo_556157.htm

Prince spoke with dona Letizia delivery concluded prizes Oviedo

The Prince of Asturias called by telephone her wife, dona Letizia, after concluding this evening in the Theatre Campoamor of Oviedo the act of delivery of the prizes that take his name and that this year celebrate the edition XXV.
In conversation with a group of journalists, don Felipe said that the Princess had transmitted her sorrow for not have been today with him in this solemn act, which she saw for television, and that she commented that she had thrilled hervery much.
The gynaecologist who attends to dona Letizia, pregnant woman of eight months, dissuaded yesterday that the Princess should travel to Oviedo.
Don Felipe made clear to the journalists that the Princess is well and that both wait with illusion for the birth of their first son, foreseen by the middle of November.
(...)

I was shocked and also pleased to see that Antonio Damasio received this prize for his work in neurology -- I know him. This really brings the whole Awards ceremony very close to home!

some more photos of the prince today (imagine scandinavia)

Prince Felipe in Oviedo for the XXV edition of the Prince of Asturias
Prizes in his name. He had a full agenda with personalities although
Princess Letizia will not attend the ceremonies due to her pregnancy. The
Prince inaugurated an outdoors sculpture exposition, walked the streets to
be greeted by the people.

Attachments

• fel.JPG
    fel.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 197
  • feli.JPG
    feli.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 179
  • felip.JPG
    felip.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 200
  • felipe.JPG
    felipe.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 187
from manolo valdes' las meninas sculpture exhibition :

(from dateline)

Attachments

• DL110715_004.jpg
    DL110715_004.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DL110715_006.jpg
    DL110715_006.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DL110715_005.jpg
    DL110715_005.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 135
  • DL110715_003.jpg
    DL110715_003.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 183
  • DL110715_002.jpg
    DL110715_002.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 159
  • DL110715_001.jpg
    DL110715_001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 186
From getty:

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 137
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 133
More from getty:

Attachments

• 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 136
From seeger:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00149276.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149276.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 197
  • pre-SEEGER00149268.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149268.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 158
  • pre-SEEGER00149267.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149267.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 139
  • pre-SEEGER00149261.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149261.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 254
  • pre-SEEGER00149260.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149260.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 157
  • pre-SEEGER00149259.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149259.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 146
;) Oh Gosh... Tonight I was sleeping and all of a sudden I woke up. And do you know what was my dream about? I was dreaming about me, reading "El mundo" and "iHola!" in the internet and there it was written that the Princess has already given birth to a little GIRL!:eek: :) :eek: I couldn't fall asleep again and I wanted to check it, but at the moment my computer is in my parents's bedroom! So today I turned on computer and what? The baby (maybe girl, although I still think it is a boy) is still in his/her mummy's belly!:D

LaChicaMadrilena said:
;) Oh Gosh... Tonight I was sleeping and all of a sudden I woke up. And do you know what was my dream about? I was dreaming about me, reading "El mundo" and "iHola!" in the internet and there it was written that the Princess has already given birth to a little GIRL!:eek: :) :eek: I couldn't fall asleep again and I wanted to check it, but at the moment my computer is in my parents's bedroom! So today I turned on computer and what? The baby (maybe girl, although I still think it is a boy) is still in his/her mummy's belly!:D

The journalists are more hysterical than you. :p
Yesterday in the receipt that existed after the Prizes someone raised the rumor of which Letizia had been deposited again. For what they say the newspapers the people were looking for the father of the Princess to ask him until someone of the Royal House said that it was a lie .... so imagine how the journalists are. :confused:

But everything is calm, enclosed according to the agenda the Royal House Letizia will come on Monday to a dinner in Madrid.

http://www.canalfpa.com/ing/noticias/noticia77.html

Porrua to receive the 2005 Exemplary Town of Asturias Award H.R.H. Prince Philip of Asturias will visit Porrúa to present the Eastern Asturian community with the 2005 Exemplary Town of Asturias Award.document.write(fechanoticia('21-10-2005'))21st-October
Prince Philip will arrive at the town at 12 a.m. to the sound of the ?Llacín? bagpipe band. He will first watch a bowls exhibition by students of the Infant School, before visiting the Ethnographic Museum of the East of Asturias, where he will sign the Distinguished Visitors? Book. His museum visit will be followed by a stroll around the town of Porrúa. The Prince will make a first stop at the area known as El Parque, where the folk group from the ?Llacín? Traditional Music School will play the ?pericote?. He will then move on to the village drinking fountain, where he will be shown some of the town?s prize cows belonging to the regional ?casina? breed. H.R.H. will then continue through the street of Porrúa to Saint Julian?s Square, location of the authorities? rostrum and venue for the prize giving ceremony.

The presentation ceremony will begin with a welcome from the mayoress of Llanes, Dolores Álvarez Campillo. After a thank you speech by the local mayor, Luis Antonio Noriega, Prince Philip will dedicate a few words to the inhabitants of Porrúa, after which the "Llacín" Bagpipe Band will play the Asturian anthem. The Prince will then move on to the Municipal School and the Town Meeting Hall on the first floor, where he will unveil a plaque commemorating the Exemplary Town of Asturias Award.

After unveiling the plaque, H.R.H. Prince Phillip of Spain will then preside over an open Public Council meeting with 50 of the town´s residents at the Town Meeting Hall. José Luis Villaverde, representing the town´s cultural associations, will be opening the meeting and giving a presentation on how the Council works. At the end of the meeting, the local mayor will give the Prince gifts on behalf of the town´s residents.

After these meetings, H.R.H. Prince Phillip of Spain will be attending a lunch offered by the Prince of Asturias Foundation in honour of the Prince of Asturias and the residents of Porrúa, next to the School´s Sports Centre, thereby ending the Prince´s visit to the town.

From elcomercio:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 172
LaChicaMadrilena said:
An article from "La Vanguardia" written by Mariangel Alcazar (btw, I really like the way she is writing about the Royal Family).
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051022/51195881202.html
Felipe de Borbón made his first speech on the occasion of the first edition of the Prince of Asturias Awards that were given in autumn of 1981. Twenty-five years later, in the same scene of the Campoamor theatre, that boy at whom his parents were proudly watching is now on the verge of having his first child, and that circumstance, together with the absence of the princess of Asturias, marked yesterday’s ceremony in Oviedo.

As it happened last year, there was a great ovation at the mention to Doña Letizia, who was not at the theatre, but finally her thanks were listened by the words that the Prince pronounced in her name and from the bottom of her heart. After the first years in which the Kings accompanied their son, the Prince ended up assuming alone the prize-giving ceremony. There were years when Don Felipe was growing together with the importance of the awards. By Oviedo there have been personalities like Yasser Arafat, Arthur Miller, Miguel Delibes, Carlo Maria Martini, Hussein of Jordan, Woody Allen and many other; more than two hundred personalities and organizations that have clearly marked the social thought of the Prince.

After the ceremony of the last year, the first one that Doña Letizia shared with Don Felipe, it was awkward to see yesterday again the Prince alone in the scene of the Campoamor. The Queen, as always, occupied one of the boxes of the theatre, specially moved with the arrival of the dancers Mayan Plisetskaya and Tamara Rojo, who agreed for the first time in a scene, and with the one of the Daughters of Charity.

Outside, on the street, the Asturian people and visitors specially cheered the world champion of F1, Fernando Alonso, and a surrealist detail took place, when the people who were accompanied the pilot made it difficult to obtain photographs of the champion, at his arrival to the reception that the Prince offered in the morning. The reason was that Alonso, who, like the rest of the awarded personalities, was transported in Audi, has a contract with Renault that prevents him to use and to appear him in public with any vehicle of another label.

Material subjects that contrasted with the intellectual and social commitment of Simone Veil, the inconformism of the Italian writer Giovanni Sartori, able to attack the very own Pope, and with the simplicity of the nuns of Vicente Paul, authentic champions in the distribution of breads, faith and hope, and whose humility even prevented them to take part in the family photo of the Prince with the awarded personalities. And it was the sisters who firstly moved Don Felipe, when commenting to him that they have prayed for Doña Letizia and the chil that is on the way, but mainly because they were the only ones, among all the awarded personalities, that destined the 50000 euros of the prize to solidarity causes.

All the awarded ones had words in memory of Doña Letizia, and it could not lack a reference in Don Felipe’s speech, to the special moments that the couple in living. The words of the future father equally shared feeling, knowledge and reason, the three ingredients that, according to Prof. Antonio Damasio, another one of the awarded personalities, must be mixed in equal parts, in the cocktail of life.

Photos from FPA:

Attachments

• foto150.jpg
    foto150.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 179
  • foto181.jpg
    foto181.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 193
  • foto179.jpg
    foto179.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 184
  • foto170.jpg
    foto170.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 128
  • foto162.jpg
    foto162.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 129
  • foto161.jpg
    foto161.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 167
  • foto158.jpg
    foto158.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 172
  • foto157.jpg
    foto157.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 134
More photos from FPA:

Attachments

• foto182.jpg
    foto182.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 212
  • foto183.jpg
    foto183.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 203
  • foto189.jpg
    foto189.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 168
  • foto190.jpg
    foto190.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I have seen the images of the Prince in his visit to porrúa. He has played to the skittles and one has come out in photographs with many children. All the people of the village was asking him about Letizia, the mayors they have remembered her in their speech and also the Prince. The Prince has remembered that Letizia knew already Porrúa, since from girl she was passing the summers closely together of there. Porrúa is not very far from Sardéu.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/principe_ensalza_trabajo_ilusionado_sacrificio_556679.htm

The Prince ensalza ' the deceived work and the sacrifice ' that make possible ' the real progress '

The Prince Felipe visited today the locality llanisca of Porrúa, to deliver the Prize to the neighbors to the Exemplary Village, an award that every year Prince of Asturias grants the Foundation to recognize the persons' labor or group that should have been distinguished for preserving their traditional values and the culture.
Don Felipe de Borbón encouraged in his speech the neighbors of the locality, placed in the Asturian east, to following ' working with the same illusion, tenacity, and from the satisfaction of knowing that, as consequence of the made well work, you will make your life and that of your children fuller and better '.
The Prince, who was accompanied by regional and local authorities, assured that ' the real progress, the achievement of a better quality of life, of an education that should reach to all the social caps and that the most just conquest of a society, where there is opportunity in order that they all could realize his dreams, only can obtain with deceived work, with sacrifices, being entrepreneurs, assuming the risks of the dizzy and difficult changes that take place in the world '.
The Prince ensalzó besides the beauty of the places llaniscos and he was grateful for the generosity and the fondness that always he feels when he is in the Principality.
Before delivering the speech, the Prince realized a tour for the principal streets of the village, visited the Ethnographic Museum of Asturias and other typical buildings of the zone, besides an exhibition on the shepherding in Porrúa and on the traditional apparel.
During the tour, his Highness received constants samples of affection of the neighbors who were centering in the streets to be able to see and give the hand to Don Felipe . He could contemplate besides a concentration of cattle of different races, specially of the Asturian one and visiting a cheese shop. After the official act of delivery of the award, the Prince discovered the commemorative plate of the award.
With the delivery of the Prize to Porrúa Prince of Asturias finished the visit of Don Felipe to the Principality on the occasion of the delivery of the Prizes. Great stay away in this visit she was the Princess, Dona Letizia, who could not come to any of the acts due to her outpost been of gestation.

From Hola:

Attachments

• ppe-puebloejemplar.jpg
    ppe-puebloejemplar.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 143
Back
Top Bottom