The Palais De Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Grand Salon

Orginally posted by Julia 01-27-03 Grace and Family Vogue 1971. Description is as follows. Golden Italian marble floors and the fireplace Grace designed of sea stones from Monaco and Grimaldi, the family seat in Italy. A double white sofa from NY, an eighteen-century Chinese screen stands behind a monk's refectory table. Cages with birds are suspended all about, with hanging plants and giant palms. Above the living room is a study loft where Prince Albert works. This room has basically stayed as Princess Grace decorated it as you see in this photo.
grandsalon.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh thanks your ladyship. Le palais de monaco is so beautiful. I think it is one of the most beautful palaces ever! So many styles and influences but so put together. Woudln't it be nice if we could stepo out of cyber space and actually visit le palais and other cool palaces.

who live were

does stephanie & her family & caroline & her family live in the palace?

Dare to dream and someone might hear and the angels will shine on you to show you the way.

semisquare said:
does stephanie & her family & caroline & her family live in the palace?
They both have their own homes. There is a smaller study next to Albert's office where Princess Grace once performed her duties as Princess. Princess Caroline now uses that space when visiting. The apartment has a dining room, kitchen, and family room on the bottom level. Upstairs is a master bedroom, his and her dressing rooms, and a large bath. Each of the children had two-room suites upstairs as well, separated by another large family room where each had a desk for homework. Today, Caroline's children and sometimes Stephanie's are often found in these rooms. Source Once Upon a Time by Randy Taraborrelli. How accurate it is I don't know he made some errors in another book according to a video shown on Prime Time Live. Yes, I know incase someone is keeping track its the second time I said a writer made errors in his book.

LadyMacAlpine thanx for sharing this info!

u answering questions so fast thx. have u met any of the royals lets say for instance prince albert or stephanie?
r there any pic of the ball room?

Last edited:
Oh! ALbert has an apartment in Monaco that is not in the palace, but he does hae one in the palace. SOmeone posted an article in this thread about him where he talks about his daily routine.

Some scans of Monaco Palace rooms! It's from some mag..

Palace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome Ianna. The apartment I was referring to was inside the palace. I wasn't able to locate a photo of the ball room.
Caption reads Father Penzo in Palatine Chapel at the Palais du Prince Photographed: December 1, 1995
Corbis.

FrPenzoPalatineChapel.jpg

Does anyone know when (May or June) the palace is open to the public? Why isn't it open year round? What rooms are seen on the tour?

The palace is open from June 1 to September 30 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on October 31 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM - except when the Prince is present. Duration of the visit is 35-40 minutes.

The reason the palace is not available 24/7 - 365 days of the year is that the palace is used on a daily basis to conduct the business of the principality and a home for some of the Grimaldi family.

these pass two weeks has been filled with so much sorrow it would be good to focus on something calming and less stressful. does anyone have any pictures of le jardins (gardens)?

Last edited:
Palace Garden

From Corbis..

00i.jpg
00ii.jpg

Albert in the garden of Monaco Palace

These pics were taken in 1999:

gardenmonaco.jpg
gardenofmpalace.jpg

take time to smell the roses

i love the way the garden looks-it seems like a traditional french garden. very orderly.
does anyone know why there are strings place over the pond? (its in the first pic w/albert sitting on the edge of the pond)
that fish is the largest fish i have ever seen in a pond or could it be a lobster?
just kiddin:)
thanks for the pic-they all look very nice

Semi, that was likely a koi fish and the strings are to prevent birds from turning the pond into a buffet. :)

There is also some photos of Albert jogging in the garden in his new thread.

The Palace's gardens look majestic! I had never seen those pics. Thanx Iceflower :D

everybidy have so many beautiful pics of the palais !
I find some for you ....;) (all members !)..............

It's really a beautiful palace and I have the chance to visit it and at the interior it's most great !!!!!!!:)

e122k6.jpg
e122ok.jpg

how big is monaco, i heard it was at least 2miles in both directions? is that true?

You can read about Monaco's size (and much more) by clicking here.

thx for the answer, i had no idea that it is almost 3 miles long

monaco70s said:
The Palace's gardens look majestic! I had never seen those pics. Thanx Iceflower :D
Indeed they look so great! And if you take a real close look at the
pics, you can even smell the beautiful roses and the green
mediterranean plants :)

Palace's garden

Prince Rainier walking through Palace garden..watching Monaco..Princess Grace's bust..with dog..smelling roses..

Nice photos..:)

e123df.jpg
e123gz.jpg

Thank you so much Ianna and I share your feelings, Monacos...
Especially when I see the pic with Odin again..

I really wish that we can get more pics of the family all together in the gardens like in the past because those gardens are really beautiful and more if we have many people on them.

Looking onto the Palace's Square from the Room of Mirrors in 1989

Back
Top Bottom