The Nobel Prize 2013 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last year the first pics were posted around 8:30 - 8:45 PM. So in roughly 2 hours our curiosity will be satisfied.

Did it really take that long? dang. Oh well, gives me time to do other things rather than checking websites every 2 minutes, lol.

The dinner starts at 19.30, normally it takes at least an hour when the photos are published, sometimes even two hours.

The dinner starts at 19.30, normally it takes at least an hour when the photos are published, sometimes even two hours.

Kungahuset has the event starting at 18.30, which is why I thought we'd have photos sooner rather than later. but it seems every year I forget, after the speed of the Nobel day, that the Laureates dinner takes longer for photos.

It is sad that we don't know the name of the Nobel Prices sitting next to the Queen and the Princesses as their tiaras stole the show.
I think the most important Nobel is the Nobel of Physics and is sitting on the right side of the Queen.

Is that true : No Nobel for Medecine because Mrs Nobel's lover was a Doctor of Medecine?

Is that true : No Nobel for Medecine because Mrs Nobel's lover was a Doctor of Medecine?

Not sure what you mean? The winner of the Medicine Nobel was Youyou Tu. She didn't sit at the main table because of health issues.

Svenskdam has the first photos, but no royals yet.

A Video of the arrivals at the Court Website.
Silvia in the leuchtenberg sapphire tiara, Victoria in the baden fringe tiara, Sofia again in bher emerald Wedding tiara and Madeleine in the modern fringe tiara
https://www.instagram.com/p/_KZDNLv8gk/

Madeleine's look is making me out of words in a positive way. If it's allowed for me, I would say she looks a little bit hot.

Do we have a reason to doubt what royal blogger and expert Johannes Öberg wrote at his blog in February:
The royal expert Roger Lundgren (SVT's royal expert and the chief editor of Kungliga Magasinet), had spoken with Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, who has worn the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara twice in the past year.
- The jewellery is still owned by Princess Margaretha, who has at her brother for safekeeping, said Lundgren.
Diademfrågan löst _ Johannes Öberg

Svensk Damtidning tells that the court sent yesterday a press release about the outfits, orders and jewellery:
About Madeleine's tiara "she had princess Margaretha's aquamarine diadem"
Det bär kungligheterna ikväll _ Svensk Damtidning

The quality and variety of the photos from yesterday has been disappointing so far. Some photos of the king and queen with the Laureates.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The medicine Laureate Youyou Tu had asked not to be placed to the Table of Honour, for health reasons.

Princess Margaretha could still be the "owner" of the tiara but have sold it to the King with the change of ownership occurring upon her death. We often discuss what will happen to the jewelry when passed on to the next generation that often would not have a use for splendid jewelry. In order for heirs not to have to sell pieces, the jewelry could be "sold" prior to death and heirs would then have cash for distribution and taxes. As I mentioned in my earlier post, this is pure speculation. But from a inheritance point of view it would be great if the tiara stayed with the Bernadottes.

I'm so happy that Victoria recycled this beautiful dress from Pär Engsheden. And she has the regal and gorgeous Baden Fringe Tiara. Queen Silvia's dress is too tight. Sofia has a boring colour and Madeleine's dress isn't made to be used with order and sash. And Sofia's tiara doesn't look good today either although it isn't so far away on her head.
Victorias succé i gamla gravidklänningen _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Sofia's dress is too similar to Madeleine's yesterday, and to Madeleine's dress in this dinner some years ago.

Svensk Damtidning about the very similar dresses of Madeleine and Sofia, it is good that they didn't both wear those yesterday.
Klädkrocken mellan prinsessorna! _ Svensk Damtidning

The Heads of the King's and Crown Princess's Households, Marshal of the Courts Lars-Erik Tindren and Karolin A. Johansson
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/nobelmiddagen-6.jpg
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/nobelmiddagen-7.jpg
The First Marshal of the Court, Mats Nilsson with wife (who has a tiara)
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/nobelmiddagen-11.jpg
From this gallery:
Kungamiddagen är igång! _ Svensk Damtidning

There is a photo of princess Christina at this gallery. Fashion points: Queen Silvia 4, Victoria 5, Sofia 5, Madeleine 3, Christina 3
Getingbetyg på klänningarna vid kungliga middagen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

From the court website
Kungens middag för Nobelpristagarna - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The guest list
https://www.kungahuset.se/download/.../1449854094554/GästLista+11+december+2015.pdf

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Countess Bettina Bernadotte had also today a tiara

The whole gallery
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that Victoria's Nobel gown from when she was pregnant with Estelle? It's great that she has an occasion to repeat it.

I must say that I find the colour scheme boring, especially the grey of Madeleine and Sofia. They both lacked colour yesterday as well, this is too toned down for my taste.

Victoria looks wonderful, glad she recycled this one. Sofia's dress is nice, nothing wrong with it for me. Still not a fan of the hair & tiara. But wait, WHAT ON EARTH is Madeleine wearing?? From what i can see, it is just hideous. Maybe it would have been better without that gladiator collar. Such a disappointment after yesterday's dress that I loved. I can't really see the Queen's dress, so I will reserve my opinions until I can.

There is a glimpse of Princess Christina walking in behind Madeleine. It seems she wears bright pink, but I couldn't find a decent pic.

The order that Chris is wearing - yesterday the ribbon/collar was black, today it is blue. Or is it just the light?

Night 1: Maddie
Night 2: Vic

I love she reused the blue gown she wore in 2011 when pregnant with Estelle. Like she switched it, and wore it to the dinner this time, she wore it to the ceremony in 2011. She is beautiful and radiant and looks great in the Baden fringe.

Sofia's dress is nice, but too much like Maddie's yesterday and Maddie's was better. Sofia's hair and the bad tiara and placement of it,ruin the look.

Madeleine I don't like her dress at all. Her hair and tiara are beautiful.

I am usually not a pink person but must say I kind of like Christina's look.

Silvia's dress seems oddly similar to Vikan's in color/material, but I agree with who said it was too tight.

Kind of like the three princesses are all in fringe style tiaras. Baden Fringe, Modern fringe and the Spearmint tiara is kind of an art deco fringe.

And this difference because Daniel has no title I guess?

And this difference because Daniel has no title I guess?

You mean Chris has no title. The Order of the Polar Star was originally worn in a black sash; since 1975 the sash is blue with yellow edges.
But a couple of years ago when the Order was given to Daniel and Carl Philip, the king decided, that the swedish princes have the Order with the black sash like he himself (he had got it before 1975).

Back
Top Bottom