The Late Princess Grace: Pictures and News Part VII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi All,

This is my first time in the forum and I hope to be an active members as everyone are...I'm currently like the lovestory of Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly very much and therefore, I had order Grace Kelly's autobiography and 2 books about Rainier and Grace. However, I don't think there is Prince Rainier's autobiography at all.

Anyway, I love how their story goes and didn't like the way it ended but I'm so happy to know that Prince Rainier was very devoted to Grace because he didn't remarried and mostly, he always mentioned her whenever there is a tribute or congratulate in order for him. I mean, he's a pretty darn prince charming isn't he?

I'm actually reading Grace by Robert Lacey and I don't know how true it is because I don't like how Lacey mentioned that the Prince was violent (like playing tennis and hitting the ball at Grace...like really? ) anyway and Grace having affair with other young men and particuly the young director that she was cooperative one of the film with? Any one want to clarify on this for me?

Another launch in another city -
Vanity Fair
I wonder if Albert & Charlene may attend a related engagement as they are currently in LA & there appears to be a pre- Oscar link.

Thanks Iceflower. I hadn't connected the launch with the latest pics on the Carlene fashion page, &7 somehow the current events page had completely passed me by! Do you think this means that the nominees for an Oscar all received an item of jewellery in their famous goodie bags?

You are most welcome! I don't know if there's a connection, I'm also not an expert for the Oscar gifts ;)
But as you'll see in the current events thread the couple attends the Oscars for reasons other than that.

For the Oscars itself we have an extra thread in the news section, maybe someone over there knows
more about the gift bags :)

** Feb 26th 2012 - 84th Academy Awards **

Last edited:
The established knitwear company Pringle have an ongoing research project one part of which is a current exhibition of previously unseen items belonging to Princess Grace at the National Museum of Monaco. see links below.
Pringle ( follow link from homepage)
The Princess Caroline thread has pics of her visiting the exhibition.

Charlize gives me more of a Grace Kelly feel yet she also reminds me of a happier Charlene. Perhaps Nicole has more of the cold, distant, allure of Grace.

Me Too I Found Charlize Theron Looks Like Grace Kelly More Than Nicole and Of Course Both So Charming , Thanx For Posting .

Besides being an Oscar winner, Nicole Kidman as Princess Grace is a more inspired casting move than Naomi Watts as Princess Diana in the biographical film currently being made.

An actress who looks like Grace and could play her, if she was a better actress, is Tamain Egerton.

Sorry but I can't see the resemblance between Princess Grace and Tasmin Egerton. Can you explain why you think she would be a good choice?:)

XeniaCasaraghi said:
An actress who looks like Grace and could play her, if she was a better actress, is Tamain Egerton.

From St Trinians to playing Princess Grace. Ha, I think not.

I would go with Charlise Theron.She has the necessary attitude.

It's Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's 56th Wedding Anniversary today.

The principality was never the same.

I read once that dialogue between princess Margaret and Princess Grace:
M - You don`t look like a star at all.
G - Well, I wasn`t born as a star.
(translation from Polish)
So, I suppose they didn`t like each other at all.

that is very interesting you have to love margaret she was a very funny girl and i love her opinions

Help Please!

Hello.

Does anyone know of a friend of Princess Grace of Monaco from her childhood in Philadelphia named "Marlene?" or, presumably Marlene's husband, Ed?

Many thanks for helping me in my research. I am at a loss and need help.

Many thanks!

30th Anniversary Princess Grace

Early next month in Sepember is the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Princess Grace. I thought I would start a thread so that anyone might post their thoughts there to her.The world is a very different place since Princess Grace left us but what she represented still stands the test of all time.Thanking you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the thirtieth anniversary upon us I must say that I have not forgotten many aspects of this incredibly impeccable lady.Her classicism; adherence to values and ideals;her kindness;her natural manner and beauty;her brilliant smile;faultless taste..her balletic love all these are with me still thirty years later.Princess Grace was probably the most "reasonable" noble ever.

With the thirtieth anniversary upon us I must say that I have not forgotten many aspects of this incredibly impeccable lady.Her classicism; adherence to values and ideals;her kindness;her natural manner and beauty;her brilliant smile;faultless taste..her balletic love all these are with me still thirty years later.Princess Grace was probably the most "reasonable" noble ever.

You are quite right. She was everything you said and then some. But, to us, most of us, she was American and imbued with the snobby view of many that, that is what she was. She was far more giving and gracious than many of the very "royal blood".

Back
Top Bottom