The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think an individual should be called by the name that they seem to want to be called. If John Smith's wife wants to be called Mrs. John Smith, then call her that. If she wants to be called Jane Smith, or Jane Doe, then call her that.

People in the generation of your mother would have known that Mrs. John Smith was Jane Doe. They were able to make the transition from one name to the next. People now, however, seem to stumble on that one.

Catherine has indicated that she wants to be known not as Kate Middleton but as The Duchess of Cambridge. This is the name that she now goes by in official sources. When she signs her name it is as Catherine. When people who know her refer to her it is as Catherine.

The reason why she continues to get called Kate Middleton is because that is what generates more hits on a search engine. You search Kate Middleton and you get 189,000,000 hits. Duchess of Cambridge only generates 62,300,000 hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you. Nearly everybody knows who Kate Middleton is. Whereas many people still have no idea who the Duchess of Cambridge is let alone that these two are one and the same person.

Perhaps we need to all google (or bing or yahoo) Duchess of Cambridge 10 times a day to up the search numbers.

I don't know if it's been discussed already, but I fund on twitter an account that seems to be Pippa's with two pictures that are supposed to be George...it that the real Pippa?

I don't know if it's been discussed already, but I fund on twitter an account that seems to be Pippa's with two pictures that are supposed to be George...it that the real Pippa?

If it's not a verified account you can assume that it's not her

There are people who setup these fake accounts all the time.

it's not a verified account. Ok good I'm relieved...I usually recognize fake accounts quite soon, but these has so many followers.
I know how discreet is her family, and Pippa in particular never talked to the press about her sister, so it was very strange to me.

it's not a verified account. Ok good I'm relieved...I usually recognize fake accounts quite soon, but these has so many followers.
I know how discreet is her family, and Pippa in particular never talked to the press about her sister, so it was very strange to me.

Actually there's been cases of verified accounts that turned out to be fake as well. The only person in the British royal family said to have a personal social media account besides Prince Andrew's account on twitter was Prince Harry - he was widely reported to have been posting under the name Spike Wells but he closed it after the problems in Las Vegas. You can Google it to read all the articles. But during that interview before the Princess Diana concert ( the one with Matt Lauer, before William was married) they both said they used all the normal forms of social media. They probably just use fake names and don't post personal pictures.

Last edited:
I find it strange that Catherines parents would not have a place of their own at Kensington. Catherine is very close to her parents and I would have thought that if anything they would be given rooms at the palace. Is there a reason for that? Is it not allowed? I mean really, what in the world are 21 rooms for?

Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Middleton are the ones who said 'no' to a suite of rooms at Kensington Palace. They may have felt uncomfortable, and as if they may be intruding on their daughter's household. I know my grandmother always said that she didn't want to have any rooms at her children's homes, because she didn't want to intrude, or be a bother. She wants to be closely, if anyone needs help, but in her own home. It's all about comfort level of all parties involved, it just may be that after lengthy discussions with all members of all parties it was decided that not having rooms for the in-laws at Kensington Palace is the best way to go.

They have an apartment of their own very close to the palace. That's probably close enough, don't you think?

Why, they have got their own house.

True. I suppose they dont need to be in the middle of everything. They have their own home and apartment, I guess thats more than enough. It would be a bit of an intrusion. :)

Pippa and James live at the apartment in Chelsea. I am pretty sure Apt 1a will have some guest rooms that Mike and Carole can use if needed.

From Bea, Harry, Andrew and Fergie and Pippa who hasn't been rumored to be engaged recently. That article about Pippa was almost the same type of stuff they were staying 2 years except it was Alex Loundon instead.

Very uninteresting, as she is. She is neither royal or anything that special, except for a great backside. On the other hand, I do hope she is happy, as all people deserve this.

Very uninteresting, as she is. She is neither royal or anything that special, except for a great backside. On the other hand, I do hope she is happy, as all people deserve this.

You find her uninteresting. That does not make her uninteresting. For all we know she may be a sparkling or a dull conversationalist. A lot depends on shared interests to make interesting conversation. . I do find a lot of the press coverage of Pippa to be repetitive - which I don't enjoy.

And I agree, more happiness in the world is a grand thing.

The Express has the same story that the other papers had plus adds that Pippa and Nico has been engaged since June but don't want to announced until her birthday(this Friday) because of Kate and George.

I find that last part funny.Like Pippa getting engaged would have bumped the future King being born off the front page.

No, but some people would consider announcing an engagement stealing the "thunder" from the pregnant sister.

Lol probably the same people who though she was trying to steal Kate's thunder during the wedding. It is not like Kate didn't know what Pippa was going to wear.

It was all over the news here in the U.S. Some of the news networks were saying that it was confirmed that Pippa was engaged and others said that it had not been confirmed but that we would all know on Friday since it is Pippas birthday and she wanted to wait until then to announce it officially. All I can say is, Im glad for her if she has indeed found the love of her life. I wish them all the best. I do wonder however, what kind of wedding it will be. I do hope it will be a big and beautiful affair with a little royal flair thrown in for good measure. I was actually hoping she would end up marrying into a noble house where she would at least have some kind of title but, as long as she is happy, thats all that matters. :)

So, any further announcements or is this one dead in the water as well?

I just couldnt stop laughing the other day when a poster on Telegraph, while commenting for an article on Middleton family, claimed that Uncle Gary is sixth in line to the throne..:ROFLMAO:
BTW any latest news of him? Maybe he ll "leak" about Pippa's engagement..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom