The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since October 2018 this is the 7th Court Circular entry for William in regards to the Duchy of Cornwall although he’s been in the loop for years

Last edited:
Since October 2018 this is the 7th Court Circular entry for William in regards to the Duchy of Cornwall although he’s been in the loop for years

That is interesting.
I do not mean to be morbid but these meetings could all be below the radar, it is like the country is being prepared for change.
Historically George v1 was unprepared for the role because nobody expected his brother to abdicate. Then HM herself was a young married mum of two young children who thought she would have a number of years as a wife and mother before the throne.
Preparation is the key word here.

That is interesting.
I do not mean to be morbid but these meetings could all be below the radar, it is like the country is being prepared for change.
Historically George v1 was unprepared for the role because nobody expected his brother to abdicate. Then HM herself was a young married mum of two young children who thought she would have a number of years as a wife and mother before the throne.

Actually, I think its the modus operandi of the British monarchy to think ahead and plan ahead for whatever may come. I don't think its morbid at all but like you said, its preparation for the future.

We tend to think of things in relation to the monarchy in the here and now and sometimes see no rhyme or reason why things go the way they do but if we really look at it, its setting the stage for the next reign and the Queen is very good at getting all her ducks in a row. I think it gives her a lot of peace of mind to know that when the time does come, it'll be a smooth transition all the way around. That's how much she deeply loves the job she is here to do.

That is interesting.
HM was not unprepared for the Crown, they all thought she would have time to establish her life as a Navy wife and a young mother. As we all know things change.

As to her on-the-job training, well her "Home Schooling" included the best minds of the UK's finest universities. She was schooled in the the UK's foreign policy, the foreign policies of the Empire, etc. the intricacies of the UK's domestic policies, and the role of the Monarch in relation to the government and its PM.

Unprepared? I would say no. The only thing she lacked was experience

The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited Woodberry Wetlands, Lordship Road, New River Path, Woodberry Down, London N16.

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Sir John Cass Foundation Primary School, St James’ Passage, Duke’s Place, London EC3.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 2 JULY 2019

:previous: Also related to emergency workers is William's support for a national monument to honor those who died while performing their duties.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...hnson-back-first-national-memorial-emergency/

The Duke told The Telegraph: “As a society, we owe our wellbeing, and indeed our lives, to the men and women in our emergency services who work tirelessly to protect us in some of the most difficult circumstances. It is only fitting that we should recognise the vital role that they play, and pay tribute to the bravery and dedication of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their communities.”

Last edited:
I love this. What I love most about it is that any royal could have stood up there and said the same words but with William, one knows he knows exactly what he's talking about as he's been there, done that and proudly wore the uniform of SAR and EAAA. He's speaking from experience. ?

:previous: Yes Osipi with William's experience working as an emergency care provider, he certainly knows the risks, challenges and rewards for this demanding career.

Local coverage from today's visit.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/prince-william-devon-today-live-3298878

His Royal Highness Prince William is due to have a guided tour of the The Fire Fighters Charity's Harcombe House centre in Chudleigh today, which is Emergency Services Day, to recognise the work of the Charity in supporting the UK’s fire services community.
The centre supports individuals, couples and families recovering from or living with poor mental health, injury and chronic illness, or supporting those adjusting to everyday living following a life-changing event.
Chief Executive of The Fire Fighters Charity, Dr Jill Tolfrey, said of the visit: “We are hugely honoured that The Duke of Cambridge has chosen to visit us on Emergency Services Day, to hear more about the work that we do to support the UK’s fire services community and to meet some of the people we have supported over recent months.

Court Circular 9th September:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited the Fire Fighters' Charity, Harcombe House, Newton Abbot, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr. David Fursdon).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Pipers Farm, Cullompton, Devon.

Here's a video from todays visit by HRH the Duke of Cambridge to Fire Fighters Charity in Devon.

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Pipers Farm, Cullompton, Devon.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 9 SEPTEMBER 2019

Wiliam revealed today that he plans to train as a volunteer counsellor for the @

The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited the Fire Fighters Charity, Harcombe House, Chudleigh, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr David Fursdon).

The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited the Fire Fighters Charity, Harcombe House, Chudleigh, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr David Fursdon).

:previous:

Duke of Cambridge really shines through in this visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke of Cambridge this morning attended a Duchy of Cornwall Meeting at 10 Buckingham Gate, London SW1.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 12 SEPTEMBER 2019

“The Duke of Cambridge will visit Oxford on Thursday 3rd October to open @KebleOxford ‘s new graduate building, the H B Allen Centre”

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Court Circular 2nd October:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge afterwards received General Sir Nicholas Carter (Chief of the Defence Staff).

:previous:

William meets with the Chief of the Defence Staff around 4 times a year for military briefings.

Last edited:
Court Circular 3rd October:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge this morning officially opened the H. B. Allen Centre, 25 Banbury Road, Oxford, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr. Timothy Stevenson).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Royal Air Force Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire.

A good article from The Telegraph on William’s ongoing preparation for his future role as Duke of Cornwall. The Telegraph joined Prince William for a day in the life of the Duchy.

“Quietly, over the last year or so, the Duke of Cambridge has become a feature of Duchy life, as father and son enter a period of gradual transition which has seen them work closer than ever before.”

Read more: Prince William on making his mark on father's Duchy of Cornwall legacy: 'I’ll never know as much as he does, but I’ll try my best'

Snippets provide by our Cepe @CepeSmith on Twitter:

“His day-to-day life sees him read and reply to two boxes of paperwork a day, mixing his father’s ink letters with texts, emails and calls to staff across the way at Kensington Palace.”

“He has frequent meetings with the Queen and now speaks to his father regularly about work, making them “the closest they’ve ever been in that sense”

“While Prince Charles had, as he puts it, a “baptism of fire” in inheriting the Duchy, William has been able to ease towards the next major transition of his adult life with his father, grandmother and grandfather on hand.”

“Closer to home, the influence of the Duchess is clear as the steady, supportive backbone to the family life with three boisterous children he has always craved.”

Last edited:
The CC supports this clearly as William has been attending Duchy of Cornwall meetings this year. Charles hasn't been attending those meetings.

The transition between the reigns of Elizabeth II and Charles III have moved along quite fast this past year.

William has separated his office from his younger brother and is clearly established now as the third office of the BRF. He, and his family, are clearly established home wise as befits the future King - large London home and large country home.

Just as Charles has been preparing to be King, William is preparing to the the heir apparent.

Meanwhile both men are also able to still enjoy their time with a beloved mother and grandmother and neither are in a hurry for the next stage of their life to begin even though they know it is coming faster.

The CC supports this clearly as William has been attending Duchy of Cornwall meetings this year. Charles hasn't been attending those meetings.

The transition between the reigns of Elizabeth II and Charles III have moved along quite fast this past year.

William has separated his office from his younger brother and is clearly established now as the third office of the BRF. He, and his family, are clearly established home wise as befits the future King - large London home and large country home.

Just as Charles has been preparing to be King, William is preparing to the the heir apparent.

Meanwhile both men are also able to still enjoy their time with a beloved mother and grandmother and neither are in a hurry for the next stage of their life to begin even though they know it is coming faster.

Well said! I am sure William appreciate the opportunity to learn from his father and grandmother through slow transition

I am really proud of him. He is juggling many things while still manages to be a great husband and a father

An article from Baroness Brady of Knightsbridge

But my real hope for the future of this country lies in the form of Prince William and when it is his turn at being our King, I have no doubt that he will go above and beyond.

He has done so much to rehabilitate the reputation of the Royal Family in this country. And there are so many reasons to love him, and his wife.

Coping with the very public and very awful premature death of his mother could have broken William. Instead it has made him into the strong and compassionate and very human man he is today.

And one day he will make a great King

Read more: Princess Diana’s death could have broken Prince William but instead, it made him strong and compassionate

The Duke of Cambridge this morning held a Duchy of Cornwall Meeting.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 21 OCTOBER 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom