The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish there were pictures of the celebration, all we had in that link are outdated.

My question is: what was the point of the article at all? It said she had a birthday party. So do most kids her age. That was it. Everything else was re- hashing old- and in some cases- VERY OLD- material. No new pictures. Nothing even remotely relevant or interesting was said.

My question is: what was the point of the article at all? It said she had a birthday party. So do most kids her age. That was it. Everything else was re- hashing old- and in some cases- VERY OLD- material. No new pictures. Nothing even remotely relevant or interesting was said.
That’s very much par for the course. Lots of stories from the same source today about non invitation or declining of said invitation. I don’t know why Harry thinks people should care. It’s really embarrassing.

Last edited:
That’s very much par for the course. Lots of stories from the same source today about non invitation or declining of said invitation. I don’t know why Harry thinks people should care. It’s really embarrassing.
I suspect this is all a part of the paid-for PR that H&M feel add to their brand value and keep them in the news. I might be old fashioned, but if they actually went and did some of the charitable work they so espoused or built a meaningful business of some sort (including selling jam, if it were so!), they might get a little more "natural" PR.

Yep, just a load of waffle trying to make themselves look good and keep themselves in the news. More questionable comments from H&M cheerleaders.

Perhaps Harry ‘cares’ because for weeks the British media, who know nothing about what communication has occurred between Hugh Grosvenor and Harry about the matter, have been crowing about Harry being ‘snubbed’ and his being uninvited to the wedding, etc. Reportedly Hugh is Archie’s godfather.
In reality nobody knows anything about this invitation except the principals.

Perhaps Harry ‘cares’ because for weeks the British media, who know nothing about what communication has occurred between Hugh Grosvenor and Harry about the matter, have been crowing about Harry being ‘snubbed’ and his being uninvited to the wedding, etc. Reportedly Hugh is Archie’s godfather.
In reality nobody knows anything about this invitation except the principals.
Neither does People about Lili’s birthday party.
The press writes about them. Readers are interested enough to click on the articles. Revenue is generated. Nothing to do with the true truth. Parts of the press cater to their fans, other parts cater to those who dislike them.

The British media. It’s always the British media…I suspect that the reason he won’t be at the wedding is precisely because everything always has to be about him and his feelings as well as constantly running to the media he purports to despise. How’s that “freedom flight” working out for him?

Nah, they are paying for the over saturation and boring most everyone in the process.

I do not believe that Harry has ever gone to any British tabloid with any story, about this wedding or anything else. Yes, he certainly despises them, and with reason, as he has received constant attacks from them in the past four years. And if people are bored with stories about the Sussexes there is no compulsion to read anything.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don’t think so. The British press is full of Harry apologists, Roya Nikkhah being one example. He’s been leaking stories for the past seven years as well as complaining openly. Again, it’s embarrassing.

Well, they are rather hard to avoid really because if I do a search for say Beatrice Borromeo, I’m bombarded with images of Harry and his wife. Do you want to know why that is? They do it for the SEO stands for “search engine optimization” which is annoying to say the least.

If however the public were as bored with or sick of the Sussexes as you have stated then stories about the couple wouldn’t be appearing on online publications, print media or be talked about constantly on right wing British talk shows. The media aren’t doing this for their own amusement but because the Sussexes create interest among their readers etc.

I don’t disagree that the press does have a stake in this saga, of course they do. You’re using them they’re using you. You scratch my back I’ll scratch yours. Pay for play. That is exactly why intelligent and reasonable people who are in the public domain simply go about their lives and ignore or steer clear of them.

To reiterate Muriel’s point, what purpose does it serve to go on about a wedding non invitation or invitation? You have to refute every single story even when it’s silly? Lord have mercy…

As I said before, I do not believe that Harry has contacted any of the tabloids to deny anything. The Press often print contradictory stories, day by day. And as I also said in a former post ‘In reality nobody knows anything about this invitation except the principals.’

People magazine is not a British daily tabloid newspaper. And the journalists employed by those daily publications make idiots of themselves week after week printing untrue stories.

People magazine, Vanity Fair, Town and Country etc are magazines. By their very nature they are supposed to print fluff about social events etc. Most people expect a bit more than untruths all the time from an outlet (a daily newspaper) that is supposed to be printing stories about world events and current affairs. However, British tabloids tabloids cross the line all the time. And I don’t put the (British) Times on the same level as I do the Sun, DM, Express etc.

DM has the nasty habit of publishing anodine facts in an unflattering light. But most of the time they are using real facts.
And the other tabloids too. There are so many examples in the past.

And the DM (and other tabloids) have printed a great many lies as well, for decades. As seen by the hundreds of thousands of pounds they pay out every year to people who sue them.

DM has the nasty habit of publishing anodine facts in an unflattering light. But most of the time they are using real facts.
And the other tabloids too. There are so many examples in the past.
DM has an agenda, and so do all media. Vanity Fair actually used to have real investigative reporting not too long ago, but everything has been replaced by PR generated puff pieces. That kind of laziness/greed for revenue has allowed the Andrew, Harvey Weinstein, Diddy of the world to hide in plain sight.

Harry too has been lying all his life according to his own words, so yeah the tabloids lies. They also recoup the payouts by running stories about the suing and exposing some ugliness in the process. I stopped clicking on the DM in 2016 and have never looked back. I swear I’m not out here being their apologist 🤣. They are scum and that’s why you don’t get in bed with them.

People magazine, Vanity Fair, Town and Country etc are magazines. By their very nature they are supposed to print fluff about social events etc. Most people expect a bit more than untruths all the time from an outlet (a daily newspaper) that is supposed to be printing stories about world events and current affairs. However, British tabloids tabloids cross the line all the time. And I don’t put the (British) Times on the same level as I do the Sun, DM, Express etc.
From what I have seen the mail on line does use some nonsense to attract click bait but the actual printed newspaper less so. From what you are saying, it is alright for American magazines to publish nonsense but not the British media. That is quite a balanced argument , I don’t think.

I was speaking specifically about British tabloids and their rubbishy lies and how I do not believe Harry has planted any stories with the Sun, DM or any of that ilk. And British magazines like Closer UK and British Vogue also print fluff and nonsense. However, magazines arent held to the same standards as daily newspapers.

Last edited:
I'm looking for news on them for the day and so far this is the safest one I found from 2 hrs ago. It's about

Meghan Markle finds it difficult to find people to help lifestyle brand

Excerpt
"...royal biographer Angela Levin said the Duchess of Sussex is at a "stalemate" with the business venture as she is having a hard time finding a CEO and a chef."

"...Meghan has got 150 things on her link, and has applied for a global patent... [she will be selling] are fabric gift wraps, cocktail napkins, meditation maps, pillows for household pets, a whole range of things from A to Z."

Now I'm curious on what is a Meditation Maps. :confused:

If I had advice powers, she could easily create a clothing ready-to-wear brand like so many celebrities do. You don't need to be a designer but just to approve the sets other people produce. None of these Hollywood celebrities have a clue nor taken classes in design institutes because the idea is the name recognition sells the garment. Same with the notorious celebrity make-up lines, it's all a prefab overseas product you customize and brand with your logo to pass as 'yours' in You Tube channels, not a single influencer knows how things are made.

I think her branding would be successful in a clothing line label, after all she has good taste and knows what clothes look good on her. She tried to partner some time ago with a luggage or purse manufacturer so why not slap her name on the product and revenue an income off it, too.

Gift wraps and napkins are not what I think she should be advised to do because they are seasonal, disposable and no one would overpay for those reasons. She needs a group of paid fashion designers to create a theme for her brand and go for it. It worked out for TV Charlie's Angel Jaclyn Smith and for years and years she consistently got revenue.

I don't understand why she launched ARO without having a CEO and a chef in place. Surely, that's the first thing you arrange when starting up a company like this?

It is all so messy and disorganized.

Messy and disorganized are their raison d'etre. "Megxit" was the definition of messy and disorganized, and everything since that has fallen into the same pattern. They have no idea what they want or who they are. They want to be royals, but they don't want do the work of royals. I called it before -- they're the Duke and Duchess of Windsor minus the Nazi stuff.

I'm looking for news on them for the day and so far this is the safest one I found from 2 hrs ago. It's about

Meghan Markle finds it difficult to find people to help lifestyle brand

Excerpt
"...royal biographer Angela Levin said the Duchess of Sussex is at a "stalemate" with the business venture as she is having a hard time finding a CEO and a chef."

"...Meghan has got 150 things on her link, and has applied for a global patent... [she will be selling] are fabric gift wraps, cocktail napkins, meditation maps, pillows for household pets, a whole range of things from A to Z."

I don't think Angela Levin qualifies as a reliable source.

I don't think Angela Levin qualifies as a reliable source.

It depends on what one considers qualified, I suppose.

Her PH biography seems to be well-regarded; it gets 4.4 stars on Amazon's UK website (other book sellers are available ;) ). If I remember rightly she has spent a fair bit of time with him and got to know him pretty well.

I've heard from other sources about MM's difficulties finding staff for the ARO project (there's also the history of staff turnover, etc.). From reading the article linked, AL is basically saying MM underestimated how much hard work is involved in developing a brand. That sounds likely to me.

I'm not saying these "experts" know everything or always get things right, but she is certainly better placed to know what is going on than most people.

Would she be considered a more reliable source if she didn't criticise H&M ? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom