The Duchess of Edinburgh's Fashion and Style, Part 1: March 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hat is nice but the dress is too long and looks like a curtain!
My thoughts exactly. I think the hat is really lovely on her ( she looks great in the carriage pic) But the pattern of the dress just looks frumpy and it’s way too long. As you say ‘like a curtain’.

A nice and somehow cute look for the Duchess of Edinburgh at the Outsourcing Royal Windsor Cup Final today June 23:

** gallery **

It’s a nice casual look, perfect for the weather and the occasion.

A beautiful look for the Duchess of Edinburgh at the 30th anniversary of the Craft Guild of Chefs Awards at Grosvenor House Hotel yesterday, June 24:

** Full view **

The Duchess of Edinburgh at the Royal Windsor Flower Show today, June 8, I love the dress, but not combined with these shoes:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

It's a Me + Em dress, for example already worn in September 2022.

OMG, this is my third royal fashion comment in past 15 minutes and, so far, is less hits and more misses. The print is very busy with the tiny white flowers so close all I see is dots over a green grass dress. And the belt doesn't help either.

There are some flower prints that are flattering when the image is oversized of a bit into the abstract, for example an orchid print dress, but here it just reminds me of what came out of Jack Nicholson's mouth in the movie As Good as it Gets, where he just says out loud what's on his head, when he takes the lead female to a nice place and tells her "why are you in a house dress?" This one, maybe the color and the print, gives me that feel this is a house dress and not an outside event dress.

It just doesn't look good on her. Maybe if the top or the bottom were the print and the opposite a solid color?

Last edited:
It’s okay but the Duchess is quite short waisted so the belt really doesn’t help. I wish she’d ditch those espadrilles.

The Duchess of Edinburgh lovely in green at the state banquet yesterday, June 25:
A lovely shade of green ,the order needed a brooch but other than that a a very regal look on the duchess.

Off all the royals at the banquet yesterday, I have to say that Sophie is the best dressed. That green dress is so beautiful on her 😊

My thoughts exactly. I think the hat is really lovely on her ( she looks great in the carriage pic) But the pattern of the dress just looks frumpy and it’s way too long. As you say ‘like a curtain’.
I don't particularly like it, but I think the "maxi-dress" is somewhat trendy.

The Duchess of Edinburgh at the Sovereign's Garden Party held at the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, July 2:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Great look for the Duchess, a monochrome well-tailored dress and I do like the stylish hat that matches the shade of blue on the dress. Teal? Powder Blue?

Sophie looks amazing, but my only quibble is her stockings. I get that she has to wear them, and that's fine, but they shouldn't look opaque. They look better if they're more sheer, similar to the style that Catherine wears. That's just a personal preference on my part because whenever I have to wear pantyhose, I want them to be as thin as possible so it doesn't look like I'm wearing them.

So, I give her a 9.95/10 for the overall look.

Is this the same hat that matched the floral jumpsuit Sophie wore to Ascot a couple of years ago ?

Yes it is! Great memory! :) It was a dress, but you are right about the hat and matching print!

** Ascot June 2019 **
Cannot think why I thought it was a dress It just stuck in my mind as not very flattering to wear the same print , literally from head to toe . Thankyou for the correct information .

Back
Top Bottom