The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 2: November 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to a New York fashion blog which occasionally features the Duchess of Cambridge. It's usually quite witty and enjoyable, with excellent photos. On this blog, they're known as Bill and Cathy Cambridge.
(CP Victoria and Daniel are called Dan and Vicki Västergötland). It's all in good fun, and there are other celebrities profiled.

Search Results cathy cambridge | Tom & Lorenzo

:previous:Thanks so much for that article; I was :ROFLMAO:, some bits were that funny. Very clever and candid critiques on the outfits.

Last edited:
Here's a link to a New York fashion blog which occasionally features the Duchess of
Cambridge. It's usually quite witty and enjoyable, with excellent photos. On this blog, they're known as Bill and Cathy Cambridge.
(CP Victoria and Daniel are called Dan and Vicki Västergötland). It's all in good fun, and there are other celebrities profiled.

Search Results cathy cambridge | Tom & Lorenzo
can we call them bill and kay? or willate or maybe even duc & dutch?

If Victoria and Daniel are Vic and Dan, then William and Kate should just remain Will and Kate.

I can see how Catherine would think the "lace" pattern of the black & white dress would seem formal for evening~ but there's just something askew about the length of it paired with the same 'ole black blazer, imo

That blog was a riot :ROFLMAO:. I love reading fashion critiques that are witty and straight-to-the-point (I'm not a fashion expert, so something light is always appreciated).

Well the 80s were a decade of excess, Dynasty Di and all that. We live in a very different time now.
I agree that the 80's seemed to be a decade of excess (see shoulder pads!) but there were young princesses who weren't part of it, GD Maria Theresa, P Astrid, P Anne...come to mind.
And now, in these straightened times, there are a few WOW CPs who come to mind , CP Mary, Maxima.
I guess I'm complaining that Catherine's style is predictable, same hair, same silhouettes.

maybe she is the kind of person that like a certain style and is happy to stay in a routine...imo i like that why reinvent yourself if you're happy with the way you look. i can see it if your not happy or you're looking for attention

I think Catherine is modeling herself on HM, not Diana. I think this is a very good thing, overall - but, I agree, it does make her less "interesting" in a fashion sense. But I think there is little else a socially responsible young woman can do in such times. It would go against both of their characters, I think, to make fashion more important than anything else or, indeed, than it should be. Given the attention to what she wears, she has little choice but to find a line close enough to "fashionable" to not alienate the fashion world and close enough to "it's not REMOTELY about the clothes, folks" to not alienate us when we're in a more serious minded mode.

IMO, it wouldn't cost that much to experiment with hairstyles or change up the makeup. ;) That in itself would give a fresher and different look to Kate's style.

Last edited:
maybe she should wear clothes with a message like"dont eat meat" or " save the whales" or "im just dressing for the occaision so dont put me in the human coat-hanger group"..just joking or maybe "im more than what i wear"

It's so hard not to experiment with makeup, IMO. But Kate obviously likes keeping it the same. I don't get it, myself, but...it is what it is!

i like the same style of makeup..i feel comfy so maybe she is a creature of habit

IMO, it wouldn't cost that much to experiment with hairstyles or change up the makeup. ;) That in itself would give a fresher and different look to Kate's style.

I do not think that she interested to experiment and to surprise. She has her style, which IMO is very nice for her rank, and she does not want to go further.
She wants to avoid to be a fashion icon, even if she IS ONE. When everything she wears is immediately sold out, wouldn't we call this a fashion icon?

Different hair and makeup from time to time would indeed make Catherine look more interesting from a fashion point of view.....however, if she started all that now and looked different each time we saw her, there would be nothing left to look forward to! As time goes on, there'll be more and more events such as state banquets and visits and tours and things and I'm sure it will be then that we will see new ideas.

I'd have to agree most people don't really change their style that much in their lifetime. Look at the Queen, for example, her style hasn't significantly changed from the time she first became queen. Plus, everyone is different and style should be comfortable and represent you not that a person should be defined by their style. Besides, other than some fine tuning Kate really doesn't have to change her style much. Sometimes it is refreshing not to have every public figure be a "fashion icon" or "fashion forward" or anything. Though I am a bit biased because I like Kate and have always liked her and her style.

Different hair and makeup from time to time would indeed make Catherine look more interesting from a fashion point of view.....however, if she started all that now and looked different each time we saw her, there would be nothing left to look forward to! As time goes on, there'll be more and more events such as state banquets and visits and tours and things and I'm sure it will be then that we will see new ideas.

Not only that Fashion isn't the most important part of her role. I hate to bring up Diana, but alot of what I know and remember about Diana is her close not to say that her legacy with the charities she has supported aren't also remembered, but in truth, at least in my opinion, alot of what defined Diana was her fashion. Kate isa different beast or person rather.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to agree most people don't really change their style that much in their lifetime. Look at the Queen, for example, her style hasn't significantly changed from the time she first became queen. Plus, everyone is different and style should be comfortable and represent you not that a person should be defined by their style. Besides, other than some fine tuning Kate really doesn't have to change her style much. Sometimes it is refreshing not to have every public figure be a "fashion icon" or "fashion forward" or anything. Though I am a bit biased because I like Kate and have always liked her and her style.

I'm with you.

Kate is wearing a strapless black floor length gown at the Sun Military Awards tonight. Seems very plain from what I just saw on Sky News. Hair is down again.

But one can at least hope that Kate would vary her look and wear her hair up once in a while for formal events.:sad: That wouldn't scream "fashion icon" to me if she did this on occasion; she'd just be taking advantage of versatility with long hair. She's done so before, so it's not a matter of being locked into one certain look. I know she's obviously comfortable with her trademark hairstyle, but at least for evening wearing an upswept hairstyle suitable for the event and gown would be a nice change.

Last edited:
She's not wearing any sort of coat or shawl so she's bound to be freezing cold. Perhaps keeping her hair long is a way of keeping her neck and shoulders warm? Or maybe Prince William just adores her hair long and flowing? I've heard that suggested as to why she had her hair down at the her wedding.

I can't wait til we get pictures- I'm interested to see her jewelry.

Isn't it gorgeous? I'd love to know who gave it to her as a wedding present!

Same! I hope they release some information about it, but they probably won't.

It also looks to me like it might be able to convert into a tiara... is that just me?

Same! I hope they release some information about it, but they probably won't.

It also looks to me like it might be able to convert into a tiara... is that just me?

I had exactly the same thought. Pity she's unlikely to have to wear a tiara anytime soon.

I had exactly the same thought. Pity she's unlikely to have to wear a tiara anytime soon.

Well, there are the tour events in 2012- there's at least a decent possibility of a tiara event then. We can dream at least.

I love her dress! I am totally gushing over it. Black velvet rocks!

She's got good taste.

I love her dress! I am totally gushing over it. Black velvet rocks!

She's got good taste.

Yes, I really liked the dress too- I just got momentarily distracted by the bling :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom