The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 10: April 2019 - November 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Particularly love the second outfit. iWhat a beautiful and flattering dress

100% the best dressed for me today, I adore the brightness of that skirt.

Although I like the colour of the skirt , it is far too voluminous for my taste and makes her look a little dumpy.

Although I like the colour of the skirt , it is far too voluminous for my taste and makes her look a little dumpy.

I agree, the skirt does make her look bigger than she probably is.

I LOVE this look..as for the skirt making her look 'big'.. any shade of Red does that [optically]. I had some red shoes once, and my feet looked hugely bigger in them, than they really are.

Last edited:
I thought Sophie looked gorgeous in Lebanon and loved seeing the green again at trooping of the Colour loved her Garter look though I see what some mean with the skirt.. though with all the cream and white I have to say it was a lovely bright summer look. I do like that hat as well one of my favourites.

I love the colour combo of this outfit but the style doesn't suit her as it makes her look dumpy, which she isn't. I think you have to be model-slim to wear this shape well.

I love the skirt. Not sure about the top.

LaRae

I think this outfit looks very frumpy.

Overall I love the look, beautiful color. But the skirt is a bit too much volume.

Best dressed of the British ladies and second only to Max.

As always, Sophie looks very clean and neat. While outfit is very nice I don't believe it does much for her. She has a lovely shape and these fitted bodice with rather full skirt styles make her look heavier. Maybe if the skirt was a graduated A line that fell softly and about 3 inches shorter. Anyway, her make-up and smiles always look great.

The Countess of Wessex wore a new Emilia Wickstead dress today.

The other versions they offer are worse, so I like hers ;) ** Example 1 ** Example 2 **

I didn't like reminded me of wrapping paper the print was too much and also on the base of the hat.

It reminds me of wallpaper. Which is a shame.

I know what you mean. It reminded me of some Laura Ashley curtains I had in the 1980's but I love this style on her.

Wonderful style on her, but the print is too much. On both the dress & the underbrim of the hat.

I would have liked the dress more if she had forgone the matchy-matchy print under the brim of her hat. As it is, it reminds me of the kind of wallpaper that used to be used in guest bathrooms, not a good association when it comes to Royal Ascot.

I didn't like reminded me of wrapping paper the print was too much and also on the base of the hat.

I agree. I want to like Sophie's dress, but the print is much too vintage wrapping paper or wallpaper for me.

The style is nice but I am having wrapping paper feelings with the print.

Except with the pattern under, I do like her hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom