The Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla, 6 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5:41 AM here in NY and just got up to watch it! Amazing. And now I'll start the coffee too...

Princess Eugenie looks absolutely radiant, even if a little bit tired.

Harry looks quite awkward there.

So the British Royal Family wearing robes and collars of their respective orders of chivalry. A smart compromise and in accordance with the statutes of the orders as the coronation should be a collar day.

Last edited:
We got no tiaras, but to see the senior royals entering Westminster Abbey in their robes really made my heart race.

Last edited:
The head of the procession is arriving and we have no Waleses yet?

Please God let Catherine wear some bling. I’m a bit disappointed even though the royal ladies all look lovely.

Princess Eugenie looks absolutely radiant, even if a little bit tired.

Harry looks quite awkward there.

And who would blame him. Thankfully the good breeding of B and E and husbands makes them the best people to go with. Some others aren’t as ‘diplomatic.’

We got no tiaras, but seeing the senior royals entering Westminster Abbey in their robes, really made my heart race.

I’m happy to see the robes. I was expecting no tiaras, so it’s nice to see robes and long dresses. It’s something special.

And who would blame him. Thankfully the good breeding of B and E and husbands makes them the best people to go with. Some others aren’t as ‘diplomatic.’

Well, to be fair, he's brought some of that on himself. But, that's neither here nor there in today's grand scheme of things.

I can't believe we aren't seeing the procession of the Wales family!

So the British Royal Family wearing robes and collars of their respective orders of chivalry. A smart compromise.

Totally agree : expected mix of tradition and much needed simplicity

Are the Wales' behind the State Coach?

His Majesty isn't wearing uniform according to Huw Edwards.

What’s the destiny order again? Royals are here and there. This time Charlene and Albert and the Liechtensteins in front. Can’t understand.

So, the red seats are NOT for the Royal Family, which doesn't surprise me. I always figured they were meant for the officiants of the service.

They seated the Crown Princes behind the monarchs rather than seating them according to the precedence of the monarchs they are representing. Interesting.

Were the Waleses late? This is rather weird, arriving after their majesties, is it not?

King Willem-Alexander without collar but that is usual dresscode to go with jacquet (he wears the Garter Star, as is the norm). Some former PM's wore the Garter collar with jacquet though.

The Wales family is in a car outside? The Princess in GCVO robe, it seems. Are they simply tardy?

The bells are peeling and the king and queen have arrived at the Abbey.
The arrival procession is starting.

The Wales family is in a car outside? The Princess in GCVO robe, it seems. Are they simply tardy?

The car has followed the coach from Buckingham Palace, unless it was supposed to overtake the coach at some point, this appears to be the order of it.

It looks like the PoW and Charlotte are wearing white with the former in robes

Some "gentlemen" in the congregation watching with the hands in pockets... A lady chewing gum... What are they thinking????

Just so Kate's very delicate FLORAL HEADPIECE!

What is Camilla wearing!? Awful fabric.

The Duke of Westminster looks about 12, hehe.

what does catherine wear on head? it looks like flowers to me

Kate's in a tiara!!!!! Looks like quite an elaborate floral diamond tiara.

So flowers for Catherine.
Major disappointment [emoji848][emoji29][emoji29]

Strange that it looks chaotic. First an officer talking to the King through the opened door. Now a clergyman babbling and gesturing with the King under the canopy. Maybe something is out of plan for a while?

No tiara for Catherine, but oh my she looks so regal and gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom