State Visit from the Emperor and Empress of Japan: 25-27 June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the Queen wearing a second royal order, I can see the LQ’s is that a new one on the top of her shoulder, I am looking at it on my phone so it is quite small to look at.

Is the Queen wearing a second royal order, I can see the LQ’s is that a new one on the top of her shoulder, I am looking at it on my phone so it is quite small to look at.
Yes she debuts King Charles III. RFO

Burmese and Chrysanthemum!
And the late queen's three row feston collet necklace

Fascinating to note that the Queen and the Empress are perfectly coordinated ...

Why should she get an japanese Order if the Empress does not get a british Order. Only right so.
A lot of monarch's female consorts have received to Order of Precious Crown... I expected Camilla would receive too!

A lot of monarch's female consorts have received to Order of Precious Crown... I expected Camilla would receive too!
But the husbands of those female conosrts usually awarded the Empress their own order. Like the Order of the Serpahime, the Order of the Elephant the Order of Leopold etc.

It seems to only be Queen Camilla who has got the King Charles III Family Order so far, and we have to wait to see it on any of the other Princess’/Duchess’… Strange that it takes so long time

No RFO for Sophie. And where's Birgitte?
Birgitte is there… She is wearing the Cartier Indian Tiara and her new Order of the Garter insignia

A bit of a uncommon program in that the emperor will arrive a few days earlier undertaking various engagements and continues to undertake various engagements after the state visits officially ends. Nonetheless, glad to hear that the state visit that was already postponed isn't postponed once more.
I think it makes sense in a way. They both went to University here but at different times so the UK holds memories for them both. The Emperor in particular has quite a few interest areas here and it may be a long time since he's last been here and needless to say, a long while until he can maybe come back due to his workload. May as well tick the list off! I'm sure they'll have a good time. Fingers crossed they can sort the succession issue or it's almost the end of the family after what, 1,500 years :bang:

Sophie with a tiara that was previously worn by Kate. Interesting. It seems, that King Charles changed the policy of tiara distribution, they seem to go more towards sharing tiaras. I'm quite delighted about that.
Great to see the Empress with chrysanthemum tiara for the first time. It looks very well on her.

"There seems to have been no exchange of orders for either of their spouses though"
As it is always the case in the UK... No changes here since the last reign, obviously.

Well, IMO the dress under this lace overcoat is too long, if you ask me. It would look much more elegant if both, dress and coat, had the same length. And that hat... Oh well, I will never understand these stuffy, old fashioned back bows on it.
She looks really lovely and she's a guest so it's her interpretation of Western/British formal wear :star:

Camillas new RFO seems bigger which is tradition for the consorts to be I think so maybe they wanted to let her debut it alone tonight and others will follow.

Shame Anne wasn’t there- wonder if she also would have debuted a new tiara?!

As explained, given Catherine's absence, Sophie was the second highest ranking female in the order of precedence (after the Queen). So she was seated where the Princess of Wales would be normally seated and I guess it made sense that she would be also given a "tiara upgrade", with a diadem also previously worn by Catherine.

I am surprised the Emperor delivered his speech in English (I wasn't expecting that!). His speech by the way was very well crafted.

No order for Camilla...
I’m okay with it. I’d do the same if I were Narhuito.
I find this British behaviour very sexist: Prince Henrik and Prince Claus were both awarded British Honours, and they were only princes but men.
Differently, Prince Philip was always awarded the highest orders in the end by foreign Heads of State.

Back
Top Bottom