Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the real truth will come out about this so called accident. It has taken too long in my opinion. Next year Diana will be dead ten years.:)

georgiea said:
Maybe the real truth will come out about this so called accident. It has taken too long in my opinion. Next year Diana will be dead ten years.:)
What if this inquest finds, like the French inquest, that the "real truth" is that it was an accident by a car going too fast, with a drunken driver at the wheel, and the passengers not wearing seat belts? Will some people then cry "conspiracy!" because the outcome is not to their liking?

It doesn't matter how many inquests and enquiries there are. To the conspiracy theorists, the real truth is that Diana was murdered, and that's all that matters - facts that don't point toward this "real truth" are obviously wrong. And there'll be financially motivated people ready to spin the facts to make it look like a coverup so that the conspiracy theorists always have plenty of books and magazines to buy.

Elspeth said:
It doesn't matter how many inquests and enquiries there are. To the conspiracy theorists, the real truth is that Diana was murdered, and that's all that matters - facts that don't point toward this "real truth" are obviously wrong. And there'll be financially motivated people ready to spin the facts to make it look like a coverup so that the conspiracy theorists always have plenty of books and magazines to buy.

I agree. The Warren Commision on the death of President John F. Kennedy never totally silenced conspiracy theories.
But Jackie O wrote a book about it a few years after the asassination that I think stop a lot of books being printed .

I wish the RF would come out with a book on Diana's life and death during her ten anniversary that would finally silence all these unflattering books. And let her rest in peace as our people's princess. :)

Well if the Royal Family wasn't involved in the crash, they can't write an authoritative book about it. I don't even think they can write an authoritative book on Diana's life because she started to keep things from them in the late 80s. During most of the 90s her relationship with the BRF was more adversarial than cordial until the very last year. I think they've understood and forgiven a lot but the BRF is hardly an objective voice on Diana.

There are a couple of things they can do however. They could put to rest the speculation that Harry is Hewitt's son, which is damaging to Diana's memory and to Harry. I suspect if the rumours don't calm down, Charles, with his new found zeal for openingly challenging unfounded rumours, will put something out definitive.

I think the only thing that'll stop the unflattering books is time. There's nothing the royal family can do, because too many people won't believe anything they say about Diana. And while there's still money to be made in publishing revelations about her private life, people like Paul Burrell and Simone Simmonds will continue to crank out the goods. They know that sooner or later Diana will be a part of history rather than current events and that younger people don't have the same connection with her that people do who remember her, so they know their books about Diana's private life will only really be able to command a sizeable audience for the next few years. No doubt they're busy making hay.

georgiea said:

I agree, this has taken far too long. An unconscionable amount of time. To have allowed this to drag on so long has merely encouraged the people who see conspiracy. And where have all these "new" witnesses been all this time? It would seem fairly obvious that if you had had contact with Dodi, Diana, Trevor Rees-Jones or Henri Paul that the authorities should have been contacted immediately (and they should have followed up on those contacts).

DIANA: WHY DID SPIES VISIT THE MORGUE? Flood of fresh evidence extends inquiry by a year Daily Express 30 Jan 2006

MI6 AGENTS paid a night visit to the morgue holding Princess Diana’s body, new evidence has revealed. It raises the prospect that the body was examined unofficially after the Paris car crash. The agents also had access to the bodies of Diana’s boyfriend Dodi Fayed and driver Henri Paul. The British investigation into the tragedy is to extend into next year following fresh evidence of a cover-up. It includes the revelation, first disclosed by the Daily Express, that blood samples taken from the body of Paul were tampered with.
Having satisfied themselves that the blood said to have come from Paul is not his, the detectives want to know whether the samples were switched deliberately on someone’s orders or whether it was a blunder by officials. A source close to the investigation said: “There is compelling evidence that British agents went to the morgue where all their bodies were kept in the period directly after the crash. “What needs to be established is whether Paul’s blood samples were swapped in the morgue with those of a drunk suicide victim, so as to make it look as though Paul was drunk. Forcing “So much new evidence is being uncovered that those taking part in the investigation now feel sure it will extend well into 2007.” The cost of the inquiry has passed £2million – a figure which is certain to double. The accuracy of all evidence is crucial to the conclusion of the inquiry, which was ordered by the royal coroner two years ago in preparation for an inquest into Diana’s death which was – until now – expected this year.
The European Court of Human Rights wants to know why it took so long for Diana to reach hospital, why pathologists broke French law by allowing her body to be embalmed – so make making pregnancy tests invalid – and why blood tests on her so- called “ drunk driver” have never been verified independently.

All of this conspiracy may be getting tiresome and may seem to drag on for along time. I believe that Diana, Will, Harry and Al-Fayed deserve closer. People died and families were hurt. I think people have become so involved with inquiries, and aligations that the victims have been forgotten. Dodi died. Diana died. Henri Paul died. Trevor has physical and emotional injuries for the rest of his life. We should not become so involved with length of time, that we forget all of the victims, dead and still living. As Prince Harry said it seems like a long time to us, but it doesn't seem that long ago to him.

Harry's polo shirt said:
DIANA: WHY DID SPIES VISIT THE MORGUE? Flood of fresh evidence extends inquiry by a year Daily Express 30 Jan 2006

MI6 AGENTS paid a night visit to the morgue holding Princess Diana’s body, new evidence has revealed. It raises the prospect that the body was examined unofficially after the Paris car crash. The agents also had access to the bodies of Diana’s boyfriend Dodi Fayed and driver Henri Paul. The British investigation into the tragedy is to extend into next year following fresh evidence of a cover-up. It includes the revelation, first disclosed by the Daily Express, that blood samples taken from the body of Paul were tampered with.
Having satisfied themselves that the blood said to have come from Paul is not his, the detectives want to know whether the samples were switched deliberately on someone’s orders or whether it was a blunder by officials. A source close to the investigation said: “There is compelling evidence that British agents went to the morgue where all their bodies were kept in the period directly after the crash. “What needs to be established is whether Paul’s blood samples were swapped in the morgue with those of a drunk suicide victim, so as to make it look as though Paul was drunk. Forcing “So much new evidence is being uncovered that those taking part in the investigation now feel sure it will extend well into 2007.” The cost of the inquiry has passed £2million – a figure which is certain to double. The accuracy of all evidence is crucial to the conclusion of the inquiry, which was ordered by the royal coroner two years ago in preparation for an inquest into Diana’s death which was – until now – expected this year.
The European Court of Human Rights wants to know why it took so long for Diana to reach hospital, why pathologists broke French law by allowing her body to be embalmed – so make making pregnancy tests invalid – and why blood tests on her so- called “ drunk driver” have never been verified independently.
I'm not typically one for conspiracies--in my view, people love them because they're trying to make sense of their world, and refuse to accept that some things, be it car accidents or anything else, just don't always make perfect sense. People die senseless deaths in senseless accidents and incidents <all the time>, but for billions of us, that reality seems impossible to accept. Many people rather accept that their various governments are infiltrated with aliens from planet x, y or z, or--that prince Philip cooked up a plan with the intent to kill his former daughter in law, than that we are willing to face up to a phenomenon called coincidence or human stupidity etc etc.

But all the same, this new evidence would justify what the family of driver Henry Paul has been contending for years: that they were surprised that Paul was found to have a combination of antidepressants and alcohol in the blood. And even more so because if one is drunk and driving, one typically doesn't drive faster, but slower.

All the same, and this is pure conjecture of course, but here's the outcome I expect of the inquiry: simply that they will find that Diana & co. died as a result of being chased by paparazzi. That no one was murdered. I mean, come on. Diana might have been seen as a loose canon and kindof a nuisance by her former in-laws, but to be killed because of that? Please! I love the woman, but contrary to evidently her own self-important beliefs, her in-laws didn't want her out of the way <that> badly.

I remember a quote I read somewhere from the late Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She was in the back of a chauffeured limo one day, and the driver started speeding up to avoid pesky paparazzi, who were following the car. She then reportedly told the driver to slow down because, she said, "being photographed is not worth getting killed over."

See, this just goes to show that the conspiracy theorists will never be satisfied. If this enquiry concludes that it was an accident caused by a driver under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, unfamiliar with the armoured car and under pressure by the paparazzi, the people who are determined to believe Diana was murdered won't change their minds. They'll just say that it's even worse than they originally thought because obviously MI5 is engaged in such a major cover-up that they interfered with the ennquiry.

The Diana Files

New reports suggest crash inquiry may have surprising revelations

By Francis Elliott, Sophie Goodchild and John Lichfield

Published: 05 February 2006

Lord Stevens, the man in charge of the inquiry into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, is infuriatingly discreet about his investigation.
So it came as a considerable surprise when, in a television interview last week, he hinted strongly that it was reaching a sensational conclusion.
He said the case was "far more complex" than originally had been thought and that Mohamed al-Fayed had been "right" to raise the issues he had in relation to the deaths of Diana and his son Dodi.
Until now it seemed almost certain that his inquiry would largely agree with the French version of their fatal crash in a dreary Paris underpass in the early minutes of 31 August 1997.
The Independent on Sunday has established that Lord Stevens' remarks were a deliberate attempt to prepare public opinion for some shocking conclusions. "People are going to be very surprised about what we have to say," said one senior officer closely involved with the inquiry. But what, among the blizzard of outlandish speculation, could Lord Stevens have found that has led him to upset the establishment version?
Four issues remain unresolved: the reason for the high levels of carbon monoxide inPaul's blood; whether he was drunk; what happened to a white Fiat Uno seen speeding from the scene, and was Diana pregnant.
The last mystery has been reinvestigated by Lord Stevens. It was reported the former Met Commissioner has talked to some of Dodi's friends, who say he called them hinting the couple had good news shortly before the crash.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article343293.ece

Well, except that we don't know that it's an assassination.

DIANA CRASH 'CAUSED BY LASER BEAM'

The crash that killed DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES and her lover DODI FAYED was caused by a laser beam being flashed into the eyes of their driver, it has been claimed.
New witnesses have told British detectives, leading a fresh enquiry into the fatal August 1997 accident, they saw a motorcyclist point a laser into the eyes of chauffeur HENRI PAUL, causing the Mercedes to crash inside the Pont De L'Alma tunnel in Paris, France.

One witness said he saw "an enormous radar-like flash of light", reports UK newspaper the Daily Express.

http://www3.contactmusic.com/news/index31.htm

Yes, well, the Daily Express doesn't have the world's best reputation for reliability. I wouldn't take anything from there all that seriously, to be honest. Best to wait for the report to come out so we know what Lord Stevens thinks is relevant and what's just imagination.

I wonder why that 'new' witness appeared just now, after nearly 8 years!:rolleyes:

I read an article that Lord Stevens' computers on the investigation were taken last night. Now another twist to this conspiracy theory on Diana's death.:)

georgiea said:
I read an article that Lord Stevens' computers on the investigation were taken last night. Now another twist to this conspiracy theory on Diana's death.:)

The theft sparked fears that the equipment may contain material from Operation Paget, the investigation headed by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord John Stevens, the Daily Express said.
However, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan said the computers did not contain any sensitive information or any material linked to the probe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060207/wl_uk_afp/britainroyaldianapolice_060207015522

I honestly thought that the investigations on Princess Diana's death is over or shall I say a short-lived one. So they're actually doing an inquiry on her death? I do hope it would be an untainted investigation.

yes, and and if there is foul play involved, i hope they find who ever it was that was responsible for it, and everyone involved and bring them to justice for such a cowardice act- providing it wasnt an accident.

maryshawn said:
I picked up and put down her book. Her third now on Diana. She says she is writing these books because they were such great friends. Ha! I have never seen a photo of her with Diana nor do I believe she would confide in her. I find her loathesome.:mad:

She is writing because on the basis of the friendship, she may be able to tell a story and somebody might be willing to pay to kow what she has to say on the subject -- imo, she's writing those books because she can earn money. That does not mean she did not care about Diana, it's just this woman has bills to pay too. It's a practical, legal way to make some cash for herself -- she's crying all the way to the bank...or maybe she's celebrating the friendship all the way to the bank...

maryshawn said:
Paul Burrell's credibilty has pretty much been ripped to shreds, hasn't it? He hung onto all sorts of things which should have been turned over to Diana's sons, the authorities, etc. There have been many reports he was hanging onto his job by a thread as Diana said she was sick of him always hanging around and snooping through her things. He was trying to get a job with a major Hollywood celebrity....and she was hoping he'd get one. Perhaps, if he hadn't held onto these items and written a book about Diana, I'd feel differently but he certainly betrayed her with these types of actions.:mad:

If there was a big fault in Diana's character is that she trusted the wrong people at vital times in her life, ie Dodi. Paul Burrel was one of these people she trusted too, too much. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him lose his job with her and she may have brought in someone whom she have a more traditional employer/employee relationship with.

Did anyone else hear today about the secret service connection to Henri Paul? I still believe it was an accident, but it sure makes you wonder why a secret service man like Paul was living a second life as a driver and how on earth he wound up driving Diana while so horribly drunk.

in diana death everything is posible.

l,
KSDiva said:
Did anyone else hear today about the secret service connection to Henri Paul? I still believe it was an accident, but it sure makes you wonder why a secret service man like Paul was living a second life as a driver and how on earth he wound up driving Diana while so horribly drunk.

I also believe in accident and never believed in anything else. However if Henri Paul was a secret service employee (which I highly doubt), it would make sence. I mean Diana was still Princess of Wales, you'd expect the British Secret Services look after her.

Last edited:
The story is that Henri Paul was an informant for the French Secret Service-that in his capacity of his employment at the Ritz, he would feed information back to the Secret Service about certain guests of the hotel.

I'm not sure, and don't see how, it applies to the Dodi and Diana situation-but it is certainly possible that Paul may have fed tidbits back to the Secret Service about other guests (political figures, etc) in exchange for $$. It's not that unusual, and he probably wasn't the only employee to do it. The Ritz attracted high profile people-there were likely maids and other staff who fed info back to the Secret Service for money as well.

Diana was offered Royal Protection Services by the Queen after the divorce but she refused it. That may have been due to a lack of trust between Diana and the Royal Family at the time but Diana didn't hire any other security services that she could presumably trust.

I imagine that if that night Diana had had a security guard with sufficient experience in guarding high-profile clients, he or she would have advised against trying to outrun the papparazzi. Whether the advice would have been followed is anybody's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom