Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 1 (February 2003 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As always K, thanks a lot!:)
And Paty, I think this is an awesome picture (from GettyImages):

Everyone was so good-looking (not that they aren't now, but for those times they all looked incredible;) ) even if Jaime wore the "mantle" a.k.a Dracula's cape :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have pictures of Queen Sofia's pregnancies:confused: I was thinking about it and realized I have never seen any. Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
More photos of Jordanian visit from segeer

You are most welcome, crisinaki! And I agree with you about that pic you posted , especially Cristina looks so wonderful on it...- of course the others as well ;)

And lula thanks for that addition to my pics!!

http://i1.tinypic.com/v7wdmu.jpg
(photo from lecturas, originally posted by Iceflower)

How is doing "little boy" Felipe in this pic near his father; What a change now he is himself father..... It's the life !

You don't have to be true born royal to be a good queen, J.Kennedy was fit to match any royal women in that era:cool: ..​

Even if our queen was not royal born she is the queen of hearts in our country and being from an ordinary family like most of Jordanians makes her the more special even closer to our hearts...

Crown Princess Mary is of no royal blood and she is doing great too:)...

she doesn't have to match anyone you know… and even though I greatly admire and respect Queen Sofia but i find rather strange to compare a young queen like HM Queen Rania with an older royal who have many years of experience in her post and as far as we see ..she is doing just fine

crisiñaki said:
Thanks for those pics K! there were some I've never seen before and even if Rania is beautiful, she hasn't gotten near Sofia's Queen league; still got a lot to learn (even if Sofia is a natural-born Queen);)

A group picture taken in december 1999:

wi9i1g.jpg

(Lecturas)

wow, an almost complete family pic at the time, the only one missing was Felipe!
It's amazing to watch the body language of Infanta Pilar, Princess Irene and the Duke of Soria, they are talking and laughing, I've never seen them interacting before!:)
Thanks a lot K for the incredibly awesome pic!
One question: anyone knows the moustache guy talking to Elena and Jaime?

crisiñaki said:
Thanks a lot K for the incredibly awesome pic!
One question: anyone knows the moustache guy talking to Elena and Jaime?
As always you are most welcome :) As to that guy it's Roman Rodriguez, President of the Canary Islands' autonomous government from 1999 to 2003.

Some of my collection of Point de vue
The family in holidays in Pais basco (I can't tell it in English !:eek: ) in 1979

298lr.jpg

302dc.jpg

Queen Frederica and Queen of greece was present with their children
311ie.jpg

King Juan carlos and his daughter Cristina
320nu.jpg

338ge.jpg

wow, those pics are precious! thanks for sharing it Nina8675! ;)

hope these haven't been posted yet...from Cover.

from Pope John Paul II's first visit to Spain, 1982
SRF4.jpg

the young Infantas with their father, 1972 [rather sweet pic, isn't it? ;) ]
SRF5.jpg

Nina, what a surprise, it's so great to have you here as well!!! :)

And RhapsodyBrat, I can't remember having seen your pics posted before. Great findings!

State visit from Egypt (Mr. and Mrs. Mubarak) in 2000:

xdro2h.jpg
xdrp92.jpg

(SEMANA)

Only Felipe had not found his love yet when this group pic was taken in June 1997 ;) :)

xneyvt.jpg

(BUNTE)

Once again K, thanks for the pics!
This was taken in Norway, right? I remember some kind of big royal celebration with all RF present but I don't know what the event was:rolleyes:

Ice I'm very happy to see you on that thread !! I'm fan of Spainish family too ! I love them they so simple and very sweet !

some of old pics of the family in 60s 70s
(PDV)

025xs.jpg

090zx.jpg
I love this one !:)
385zr.jpg

123ty1.jpg

crisiñaki said:
Once again K, thanks for the pics!
This was taken in Norway, right? I remember some kind of big royal celebration with all RF present but I don't know what the event was:rolleyes:
Yes, it was taken in Norway, King Harald's 60th birthday was celebrated then :)

Nina, I did not know that, it's great and your pics are so as well :)
Here is one from 2001:

zlq9si.jpg

(HOLA)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Oh Nina, the second one of Juan Carlos and Sofia is simply gorgeous!!!:)

They look so happy together.:) That's more rare these days. Thanks for the beautiful pics Nina!:D

How nice pics! I like very much this retrospective threads. It allows to compare those times with nowadays.

I think that Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos were always a wonderful Royal couple, acomplishing perfectly they work. I can notice too, how well they raised their children . The Infantas are loved by Spanish people, and I hope that the Prince Felipe shall be an excellent King, just like his father.

Vanesa.

You are absolutely right, Vanesa :)

Nina's pics reminded me of my own PdV clippings, so this time I scanned in some from january 1986 at the theatre in Madrid:

zt9nqu.jpg
zt9pjs.jpg
zt9pp3.jpg

(PdV)

1. I love Cristina but the 80's were terrible on her (and everybody else as well:rolleyes: ), that top is horrendous!
2. In picture 2 we see King Dracula, the father in law of the Darkness Duke:D
3. The last pic is very nice: three generations of the Borbon house together, you can see the family resemblance, it's incredible

K I need to meet with you and Nina to see all your beautiful collections! *insert drool here*:D
Thank you very much for sharing those with us!

Vanesa said:
I think that Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos were always a wonderful Royal couple, acomplishing perfectly they work. I can notice too, how well they raised their children . The Infantas are loved by Spanish people, and I hope that the Prince Felipe shall be an excellent King, just like his father.

The SRF is incredibly respected not only in Spain but in the world, they have an excellent image as royals as well as family; so we can actually state that the Kings raised their children very good and now they raise their own children like that!

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
1. I love Cristina but the 80's were terrible on her (and everybody else as well:rolleyes: ), that top is horrendous!
2. In picture 2 we see King Dracula, the father in law of the Darkness Duke:D
3. The last pic is very nice: three generations of the Borbon house together, you can see the family resemblance, it's incredible

K I need to meet with you and Nina to see all your beautiful collections! *insert drool here*:D
Thank you very much for sharing those with us!
You know, you are already invited, N :) And as to your points 1.-3. I simply love your power of observation :D
After I had posted the pic with Michael Gorbatschow in Elena's thread, I found this of him and his wife spending their summer holidays with the family at Mallorca in 1992:

zv9yed.jpg

(das neue)

Wow thank you everybody, this is fantistic! A few years ago I met a woman in Spain who was very critical about the King and Queen. She explained that any semi-intelligent (her words, not mine) Spaniard resented them because they "are not even really from here, they are from Greece". But with the addition of the gorgeous Letizia future generations won't be able to make that claim!

I really like the Gorvachov pics, it's funny the way they are the shortest ones in the pictures, the SRF is really tall

Everyiody in this forum knows I love Cristina but :eek::eek::eek: that hairdo is reason enough to shoot her! the good ol' 80's continue to show ourselves the bottom points of fashion and grooming:eek::D:D

Some other special guests: Princess Diana and Prince Charles :)

10e3e3r.jpg

(HOLA)

iceflower said:
Some other special guests: Princess Diana and Prince Charles :)

(HOLA)
This is one of the few times, i saw the Queen with hat!
I think i've seen her with a hat at least three times...but it's normal because the people in the north countries usually use hats. In Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece we don't use hats...
But the Queen is beautiful as always ;)

It's the same in Germany, J ;)
A nice family pic together with a sweet family dog:

10gyc0l.jpg

(HOLA)

iceflower said:
It's the same in Germany, J ;)
A nice family pic together with a sweet family dog:

(HOLA)
Very nice indeed!:) Not very found by Elena's pink pantyhoses, however...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.