"Reconciliation" (2024): Memoirs of King Juan Carlos I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
King Juan Carlos I is writing a memoir, and Point de Vue magazine reports that it will be called "Reconciliation". The work will have more than 500 pages and will cover the entire life of Juan Carlos I.
The memoir will be published on November 13, according to Vanitatis, by Editios Stock, a French publisher. According to other media, they will be published in January 2025.

Over more than five hundred pages, Juan Carlos I "explains his mistakes and these (sic) bad choices. He hides nothing of his regrets. He speaks from the heart, like someone who knows that he doesn't have much time left and prefers to confess than lie", mentions the argument of the Stock editions that Point de Vue was able to obtain. "My father always advised me not to write memoirs. Kings don't confide. Even less publicly. Their secrets remain buried in the shadows of palaces. Why am I going to disobey him today? Why did I finally change my mind? I have the feeling that my story is being stolen from me", writes Juan Carlos to justify his confidences. It remains to be seen whether Reconciliation – which sees "finally revive this King Lear who is no longer visited by his son, King Felipe, and who, as dusk falls, thinks like everyone else of his native land (sic)" – will truly have the desired pacifying effect.

This was the theme of this week's Point de Vue magazine cover:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom