Rania's Role as Queen of Jordan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina said:
I just heard that. I wasn't trying to say it was true. But I wonder if it is.

Many moslems believe on this, but I'm sure it is not stated in Qur'an. Qur'an says as a moslem have to believe to Taurat, Zabur, and Bible, moslem must believe to the Moses, Jesus and Mohammed as a messanger of God. Logically, if someone convert to the religion who brought by them and we punish with the death does it mean God against His own word, doesn't it ?

Fyi, punishing with the death if moslem convert to other religion only apply in middle east not in my country Indonesia.

Let's see what Queen Rania was up to in a different month. I will focus on February 2004. Perhaps it might give some members extra information on what she does:

February 4:

The King and Queen return to Jordan after a several-day private holiday.

February 7:

The King and Queen pray at King Hussein's tomb to commemorate the 5th year anniversary of his death.

Attachments

• 07FEB04.jpg
    07FEB04.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 194
February 11:

Queen Rania receives Mrs. Rababa Fayad Baksh, advisor to the Iranian Red Crescent Society and head of Women's Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Mrs. Baksh thanked Queen Rania for visiting Bam and Jordanian aid to Iran following the Dec. 26 earthquake which devastated the ancient city and claimed the lives of at least 30,000 residents.

Queen Rania travelled to Bam on January 7 2004, visiting the Jordanian field hospital and meeting survivors of the earthquake. Jordan sent six planeloads of relief sent by the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization which included medical supplies, tents, blankets and heaters for thousands of people left homeless in the freezing temperatures.

Attachments

• Amman+++++++++++++++11+Feb+04.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++++11+Feb+04.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
February 15:

Queen Rania visits the Ministry of Tourism and Environment to discuss its future development plans. Her Majesty was briefed by officials on the Urban Regeneration and Tourism Development Master Plan for Ajloun Governorate which seeks to make use of the landscape and agricultural resources of the area while capitalizing on its touristic, agricultural and environmental potential to achieve sustainable socio-economic development.

In October 2004, Queen Rania opened the Ajloun Nature Reserve.

Attachments

• Amman+++++++++++++15+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++15+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 185
  • Amman+++++++++++++15+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++15+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 175
February 16:

King Abdullah and Queen Rania open the newly renovated King Hussein's Club which was established in 1958. The club is one of the oldest in the Arab world. Their Majesties watched a presentation on TV featuring the stages of the club's establishment and the facilities that have been added.

Queen Rania attends the opening of a workshop "Women and the Law - A regional Dialogue...Supporting Voices of Change". Designed to be a follow up to the first Arab Judicial Forum which was held in Bahrain in Sept. 2003 to improve efficiency of judicial institutions in the Middle East, the three-day regional workshop aims to generate discussion among Middle Eastern women in the legal profession on common issues and challenges, raise awareness of pertinent issues affecting women in judicial systems and develop plans for specific collaboration among participants.

Later that day, Queen Rania joins 100 students in an interactive dialogue session, the second in a series during 2004, drawing attention to the importance of the broad participation of youth in economic and political development of society. Her Majesty noted during the interactive dialogue, "while youth make up 70% of our people, they represent 100% of our future. Their economic and political participation has a great effect on our shared future."

Attachments

• Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%235.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%235.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%236.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%236.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%237.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++16+Feb+04+%237.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 196
February 17:

Queen Rania honours distinguished youth from around Jordan in a celebration held by the Higher Council for Youth (HCY) on the occasion of His Majesty King Abdullah’s birthday. Among those honoured were excelling members of the Youth Leadership Centers as well outstanding scouts, university students, HCY partner organizations as well as media figures who helped realize the programs and activities of the HCY throughout the Kingdom.

Attachments

• Amman+++++++++++++17+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++17+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Amman+++++++++++++17+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++17+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 187
February 19:

Queen Rania visits the Families Development Association (FDA) in the Hashemi Shamali quarter of Amman, where local women are being trained on microfinance management. The one-week course seeks to qualify participants on microfinance management techniques, feasibility studies and local market studies. Graduates are expected to train other local women on the three skills during similar courses in the future.

Attachments

• Amman++++++++++++++++19+Feb+04.jpg
    Amman++++++++++++++++19+Feb+04.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 213
February 23:

Queen Rania attends the first Arab International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN) regional conference.
Held under Queen Rania’s patronage, the conference provides a platform for discussion and exchange of expertise to help committed professionals from 18 Arab countries in addition to participants from Iran, Sweden, Canada and Japan to share experiences by identifying problems of child abuse in an effort to work globally and through an organizational multi-disciplinary approach towards the prevention and treatment of child abuse, neglect and exploitation.

Attachments

• Amman+++++++++++++23+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++23+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 228
  • Amman+++++++++++++23+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    Amman+++++++++++++23+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 255
February 24:

Queen Rania undertakes a two-day visit to Qatar. After being welcomed at the airport by Sheikha Mouza, she visits the Supreme Council for Family Affairs (SCFA) in Doha. Established in 2002, the SCFA endeavors to achieve its vision through setting up programs, policies, strategies, and initiatives which contribute to safeguarding the structure of the family unit through working on developing its abilities and protecting its members. It tackles issues like women’s affairs, childhood, elderly, youth and special needs.

Later that day, Her Majesty also meets with women from the Jordanian community residing in Qatar.

Attachments

• Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%234.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++24+Feb+04+%234.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 174
February 25:

Queen Rania's second and last day in Qatar.

She tours the Education City of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development where she is briefed by the foundation’s Vice President Dr. Seif Hajiri on the objectives and educational policies of the facility which encompasses branch campuses of some of the world's leading universities. Queen Rania also visited institutions established within the Qatar Foundation such as the Qatar Academy, founded as a day school for students from 3 to 18 years of age and offering courses up to the British General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level along with IGCSE, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program and the IB Primary years program.

Queen Rania also has a meeting with Sheikha Mouza before departing home.

Attachments

• Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%233.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%234.jpg
    Doha++++++++++++++25+Feb+04+%234.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 201
February 27:

Queen Rania is in London for a brief one-day working visit. The King and Queen will meet here before going on to Dublin for an official visit to Ireland early next month.

While in London, Her Majesty attends the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) Global Leadership Conference, which brings together nearly 700 young business leaders and other invited guests. Held under the theme “Making a Difference”, the conference brought together speakers talking about making a substantive contribution to the world from a variety of perspectives: business, politics, education, medicine, personal motivation, and leadership.

The same day, Queen Rania attends a STARS Foundation meeting of the trustees. http://www.starsfoundation.org/intro.html

Also Her Majesty attends the launch of the Vaccine Fund Drive for the The Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization. Queen Rania is a member The Vaccine Fund's board of directors. Figures show that mainly in the world’s poorest countries, 8,000 children die each day from preventable diseases, totaling three million children in the world annually and 30 million over the next ten years, because of lack of access to vaccines which would immunize them against preventable, but potentially deadly diseases.

Attachments

• London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%231.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 170
  • London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%232.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 175
  • London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%234.jpg
    London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%234.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 167
  • London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%236.jpg
    London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%236.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 167
  • London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%237.jpg
    London++++++++++++27+Feb+04+%237.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 166
February 29:

Last day of the month sees the King and Queen arriving at Dublin's airport for an official visit to Ireland that begins the next day, March 1.

Attachments

• 29FEB04.jpg
    29FEB04.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 166
Thank you Balqis for these two monthly examples of Rania's life. I think the point has been made now and members can draw from it what they would like. We don't want to turn this into a pictorial thread of Rania's life. There are other threads in this forum for that.

While the last few posts discussing the Qur'an have been interesting, it really has no relation to anything royal let alone the topic of this thread: Actions by Rania that illustrate her as being a good queen as members see her, or actions by her illustrating that she is not a very good queen as members see her.

Any more posts about the Qur'an will be removed from this point forward.

Alexandria said:
Thank you Balqis for these two monthly examples of Rania's life. I think the point has been made now and members can draw from it what they would like. We don't want to turn this into a pictorial thread of Rania's life. There are other threads in this forum for that.

You're welcome, Alexandria :)

I was going to stop there LOL. Just wanted to focus on one more month closer to before Queen Rania became pregnant. Since her pregnancy and giving birth to Prince Hashem she has not been as active as in the first few months of 2004, otherwise I would have chosen a more recent month.

Also the pictures were meant to add to the information I supplied. I could have just illustrated my point about Queen Rania's working life using written information only, but this made it more interesting visually :)

Last edited:
I must respectfully disagree

Alexandria said:
While the last few posts discussing the Qur'an have been interesting, it really has no relation to anything royal let alone the topic of this thread: Actions by Rania that illustrate her as being a good queen as members see her, or actions by her illustrating that she is not a very good queen as members see her.

Any more posts about the Qur'an will be removed from this point forward.
Alexandria
I must respectfull disagree but will abide by the request. Being "royal" does not mean "no religion involved" particularly when the royal has stated their religion is part of who they are--which Queen Rania has done. She publicly came out about her view on "hijabs" and about being Muslim. She set the stage by saying she is a royal, a woman, a Moslem. Just as Pres. Bush has publicly stated his view of "religion" via what type of Christianity he follows. He also states his "religion" impacts his decision making process as the role of president of the United States. Could not the same be said for Queen Rania? Does not religion have a part in why the uproar with Prince Charles marrying Camilla. The British royality have had a "love/hate" relationship with religion in general and particularly with the state determined church, which is Anglican.
I don't see how being "royal" excludes one from religion. A point that is oft discussed in the political sciences classes of a nearby University here in the US. Again the discussions include the relationship of those in leadership of a country--be they royal or elected, their religious stance, state sponsored religion if applicable, and the choices those in leadership do for their countries.
I think Queen Rania, like Queen Noor, do not divest themselves from their religion and their religious texts--including the Bible. Does this mean a quote from any religious text is not acceptable in this or any forum???
I post not to anger or inflame but just to share a view point that it is hard to divest oneself from one's "religion/faith".

Last edited:
prophetess said:
Alexandria
I must respectfull disagree but will abide by the request. Being "royal" does not mean "no religion involved" particularly when the royal has stated their religion is part of who they are--which Queen Rania has done. She publicly came out about her view on "hijabs" and about being Muslim. She set the stage by saying she is a royal, a woman, a Moslem. Just as Pres. Bush has publicly stated his view of "religion" via what type of Christianity he follows. He also states his "religion" impacts his decision making process as the role of president of the United States. Could not the same be said for Queen Rania? Does not religion have a part in why the uproar with Prince Charles marrying Camilla. The British royality have had a "love/hate" relationship with religion in general and particularly with the state determined church, which is Anglican.
I don't see how being "royal" excludes one from religion. A point that is oft discussed in the political sciences classes of a nearby University here in the US. Again the discussions include the relationship of those in leadership of a country--be they royal or elected, their religious stance, state sponsored religion if applicable, and the choices those in leadership do for their countries.
I think Queen Rania, like Queen Noor, do not divest themselves from their religion and their religious texts--including the Bible. Does this mean a quote from any religious text is not acceptable in this or any forum???
I post not to anger or inflame but just to share a view point that it is hard to divest oneself from one's "religion/faith".

I totally agree with you prophetess,your post explain exactly what i would like to say about this matter, and we have to don't forget here that rania is made a queen thanks to religion of islam and claims of descendence from prophet mohamed of the JRF!

Talking about religion and how rania is related to it could not be excluded from this forum,since she gave her point of view about many topics on it and,in some of them she's right,but in most of them she lacks logics and seeks only to shock ....

So we members here,we have the right to express our opinion about her opinions,and to talk about how she could express some of them without being shocking for her people ,since the topic of this thread is"behaving fit for a queen"! :)

Monalisa said:
I totally agree with you prophetess,your post explain exactly what i would like to say about this matter, and we have to don't forget here that rania is made a queen thanks to religion of islam and claims of descendence from prophet mohamed of the JRF!

Talking about religion and how rania is related to it could not be excluded from this forum,since she gave her point of view about many topics on it and,in some of them she's right,but in most of them she lacks logics and seeks only to shock ....

So we members here,we have the right to express our opinion about her opinions,and to talk about how she could express some of them without being shocking for her people ,since the topic of this thread is"behaving fit for a queen"! :)

Just one quick thing, Rania is not a descendent of the prophet mohammad, her husband is.

sommone said:
Just one quick thing, Rania is not a descendent of the prophet mohammad, her husband is.

i knew that,i didn't say in my post that she was her self descendent of the prophet,but i said that she's made a queen thanks to a family who claims being descendent from prophet:) !

Monalisa said:
i knew that,i didn't say in my post that she was her self descendent of the prophet,but i said that she's made a queen thanks to a family who claims being descendent from prophet:) !

I'm sorry, but your sentence gave the impression that you were saying she was a descendent.

Using Names of Jordanians Concern

Interesting posts from someone who lives in Jordan but agree with all who have expressed concern about not mentioning names. The government of Jordan still regards speaking out against the King and Queen or JRF as a punishable offence. For that reason, I hope all subsequent posts will just refer to someone in generic terms like "taxi driver" and not give a name. It would be awful were he--or anyone--were to get in trouble. I think we all would agree on that point.

I don't say please don't go to sites or read posts made by you or anyone. Frankly, I feel QR could do a bit better with her image and be more inclusive of Jordanian-made attire. But this is supposed to be a pleasant, informative discussion. So I would greatly appreciate it if mine or anyone's posts could be read, dismissed, not read, whatever......but please lets refrain from directing people not to bother with what others like me write. I am first and foremost a fellow member of this forum--just like you. Not being respectful of other's viewpoints or posts and directing others to ignore them is something I would hope none of us would do.

That being said, I continue to listen and learn and thank you all for your viewpoints as they round out discussions. I have an open mind to all that is written and appreciate every post here as they all have something interesting in them.

QR is someone I am learning a lot about. Her fashions seem to get in the way of any substance. Reminds me of Diana's frustration--not to mention her husband's--when she would be trying to talk about substantive issues and the media coverage would focus on her hair, her jewelry and her outfits. On the other hand, would the media pack have followed her around NYC's ghettos had she not shown up in a captivating Catherine Walker dress? It's a tricky issue--made more so by the fact Jordan is a very poor country. I don't know if there is a correlation between Rania's coverage--at least in the West--and her fashions. It would be very nice to see her dressed in Jordanian-made clothing to draw attention to the quality and designers in the country. Frankly, I would have thought she would've have begun to modify her look by now but hope springs eternal. One thing seems certain: If she wants to be taken seriously, there is a vehement feeling out there she needs to reina (sorry, bad pun but I need the levity) it in a bit, lose the Galliano and Jimmy Choo's, and dress in a way that doesn't have people more interested in her clothing than any message she may seek to promote on behalf of her country.

monamona said:
pictures carry alot of messages..and the fact that raina goes for her functions with expensive top designers clothes makes her look not credible for what ever things she is doing...And so no need to read the website that Maryshawn recommended us to visit following what Balqis said...:confused:

you can say what ever about rania's efforts!?..but the pics are something else...

NB: And please make sure not to edit what I say as you did for the title of this thread that i started..if you want to edit something that does not go along with your opinions, please delete instead as i do not want to sound saying something that i did not say in the first place...
And the least is to let me know about it..

Thanks in advance...

Come to think of it, as a non-fashion oriented person, I agree with what others have posted. Looking at some of her outfits, I don't know if it's a designer turtleneck or jacket. But this is off-topic. Just thinking out loud. I am also reminded of what a Jordanian said of QN (albeit re: her behavior, demeanor and dress during Gulf War and then while receiving condolences) "she has represented Jordan very well to the world--and that is very important to Jordanians."

Thanks. Think his name is totally removed now but let me know if I missed anything! Mary Shawn

Balqis said:
Good point, Sommone ;)

But let's indulge Genevieve. Perhaps the visual will help. They do say that a picture is worth a thousand words :)

Thanks for the "indulgence" - with all the "indulgence" I was starting to feel like Rania and the way she "indulges" her spending habits.

So for the month of October then Rania spent the majority of the time outside of her own country, galavanting around Europe and the rest of the world.

Can you indulge me with one more thing: Of the two months' worth of pictures posted to illustrate how hard working Rania is, can you tell me how many of the items she wore were designer apparel and what the total cost for her wardrobe for those two months were? That is something I'd like to indulge in. ;)

Genevieve said:
So for the month of October then Rania spent the majority of the time outside of her own country, galavanting around Europe and the rest of the world.

She was promoting her country, Genevieve. If you see it as "galavanting" then we don't have much to discuss with one another. You see things your way and I mine :)

I think it is quite counterproductive to try and change someone else's veiws. Everyone has opinions and it's difficult to change them. It might very well be best to agree to disagree, as they say;)

Last edited:
Balqis said:
She was promoting her country, Genevieve. If you see it as "galavanting" then we don't have much to discuss with one another. You see things your way and I mine :)

She was promoting herself or her country,she could not promote her country wearing clothes made by hands from her country as used to do many stylish royals like CPS.Mary and Letizia?

Or her promotion would be more important and adequate if she wears only fashion clothes from " famous western" designers?:D :confused:

And Genevieve, would you kindly answer this point I made a while back, before I "indulge" your point about the spending?

Balqis said:
May I ask what you get out of saying something negative about a royal person? I am not trying to be mean, I am just asking.

You constantly bring up how Her Majesty just spends big amounts of money and how Jordan is so poor. The fact that designers give royals free clothes or discounts has been discussed here ad nauseum. Yet you disregard this. Yes, Jordan is a poor country, but should Rania walk around in rags? Everytime she appears at an event highlighting the many issues and organizations she helps, wearing modern and beautiful clothes, Jordan benefits by the attention and prestige she brings to it. Also it's a way to broadcast that Jordan is on the rise so come on over and invest in our country and help create a new Middle East. Why do you think many small poor countries get overlooked in terms of help from the western nations? They do not have the leadership and yes the right image that creates buzz and attention. Sorry if it offends you, seeing the big labels and so on, but in the end Jordan WILL benefit. Just give it a few years...

elizahawthorne said:
I think it is quite counterproductive to try and change someone else's veiws. Everyone has opinions and it's difficult to change them. It might very well be best to agree to disagree, as they say

Thank you Eliza for understanding that not everyone is part of Rania's fan club and that not everyone will think the sun, moon and stars revolves around her. I was starting to get the feeling that I was being force fed to love Rania or that the notion that the world revolved Rania, apparently the world's best and most stellar queen, was being shoved down my throat.

The last time I checked we didn't all have to like all the royals here. We could dislike or disagree about royals. One wouldn't know that upon reading any thread related to Rania of course. If you don't like her or have an ounce of criticism about her certain members (apprently the president of her fan club) start bombarding you with Rania's "good" works and her "hard working" ways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom