Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a little odd to have Rania on a list like that when she's only really been a queen for about five years. She hasn't really had a chance to do that much I think. But a list like that isn't that significant in my opinion anyway. Still, good for her!

The reason she is on that list is because she is the first arab woman to make herself so very well-known in the West. All of the other wives stand behind their husbands, she stands beside hers.

I do not agree with some of the things that she apparently spends lots of money on, even though i do think that is the family money, not aid money... but her business is to make money for jordan by selling a product, that product is herself, therefore it is impt that she gets maximum exposure in countries that have aid to give, they look good, she looks good... its all about image management

and they are doing it for our country. jordanians should be proud.

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 21st, 2004 - 10:42 am
The reason she is on that list is because she is the first arab woman to make herself so very well-known in the West. All of the other wives stand behind their husbands, she stands beside hers.

I do not agree with some of the things that she apparently spends lots of money on, even though i do think that is the family money, not aid money... but her business is to make money for jordan by selling a product, that product is herself, therefore it is impt that she gets maximum exposure in countries that have aid to give, they look good, she looks good... its all about image management

and they are doing it for our country. jordanians should be proud.
Alia,
It is good to hear something positive on this forum about Rania. So much of the comment is negative and focus's on what she wears and how much she spends rather than what she does.

I agree with you that all Jordanians can be proud of Rania and the rest of the royal family.

All this praise for Rania is lovely, but how can people overlook the fact that her husband is in charge of a regime, one that he took over from his father?

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Apr 20th, 2004 - 10:42 pm
I would say that Queen Noor is very well known in the west, too. As someone who was born in the States, I find that in interviews journalists totally "eat that up," that a U.S. born woman went on to become the Queen of Jordan. Queen Noor's taking up of landmines was pretty well publicized here. Certainly more than I would say of any of Rania's public causes. And now that Queen Noor has published a book, she has drawn even more attention to herself.

Originally posted by gily@Apr 21st, 2004 - 5:06 pm
All this praise for Rania is lovely, but how can people overlook the fact that her husband is in charge of a regime, one that he took over from his father?
no, there is a so-called eleceted government but the elections can be postponed or put on hold by the king. then he is the person to elect the ministers. is that correct? thats how i remeber it. not a regime in the sense many other middle-eastern countries are regimes, but certainly less of a democracy than lets say Britain. human rights-wise and huam resource (country's main resource, as a matter of fact) wise the country is doing quite well in comparison to others in the region.

Kingship is hereditary all over the world (in contrast to the status of a president; the Syrian case is here rather unique). The problem with Abdullah’s position is that the king’s power is not yet restricted enough. By the way KA discussed the prospects of a European-style Monarchy in Jordan last week with journalists in San Francisco:

“‘There are 30 political parties [in Jordan] with no agendas,’ he said. ‘If you talk to any of the political parties or their representatives in Parliament and ask them: What is your agenda, political or social or economic? they don’t have a clue.’ Abdullah said that he is pressing for a merging of some of the country’s parties. ‘You need to get down to two, three or four parties, left, right and center.’”
Asked whether he would be willing to turn Jordan into a constitutional monarchy, Abdullah indicated that he was not opposed to the concept. ‘I see monarchies have to modernize,’ he said. ‘Five years, 50 years, it all depends on how the process of maturity of these politicians proceeds.’” (San Francisco Chronicle)

There's no doubt about it; Queen Rania is lovely--actually, so many of the women in that family are. OK, it's settled. The royal men have great taste in women--always choosing intelligent, well-spoken, gorgeous, dedicated ladies.

I may be wrong (although I doubt it), but this, like other protests Rania has attended, was a state sponsored/organized protests, meant for socializing citizens with the views/policies of the regime and consolidating support. They are not 'grassroots 'protests like we have in the West. Nevertheles, a march for peace is always a good thing. It's just too bad that the government can't be consistent, as anti-war demonstrations were so tightly regulated, and/or prohibited, before the the Iraq war.

Anyway, thanks fo the article. I just love the inflated figures. From 20,000 to 250,000 is quite the jump to say the least! :flower:

QUEEN RANIA TAKES PART IN A PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION AGAINST TERRORISM, AMMAN, JORDAN 29 APR 2004

if there were really 250,000 people protesting, i'm sure cnn or bbc would have picked up on the story...

in the washington post article, qr states that this is the first protest of its kind in the muslim/arab world but is that really so? i could have sworn that turkey and pakistan had similar protests in larger numbers. does anyone know for a fact?

Jordan's Queen Rania during a tour of Suweifyeh High School in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 12, 2004. The Queen is supporting the world Links program, which works globally with the aim of integrating technology into learning for improved educational results. Rania is a member of the advisory council for the World Links Arab Region, which was launched in Amman in 2003

Queen Rania

Two Jordanian students, right, explain their project to Jordan's Queen Rania, left, during a tour of Suweifyeh High School in Amman, Jordan, on Wednesday May 12, 2004.

"You press enter and voila, the Les Tribunes Royales website!"

Rania was at a lunch banquet in honour of the sultan of Brunei.
I love the dress she's wearing..she's worn it before, in March during her visit to Dubai I believe.

This topic has run its course. Closed.

Originally posted by Josefine@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am
anything to add on this thread
How about changing the title to Rania's $627,000 silverware?

The thread on fashions is a good idea! Would it be fashion in general or the wide ranging royal fashions?

Originally posted by bluetortuga+Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bluetortuga @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Josefine@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am
How about changing the title to Rania's $627,000 silverware? [/b][/quote]
Actually, it's euros. Even worse.

alia_musallam, what kind of power are QR's mother and brother weilding?

Originally posted by papillon+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Josefine
@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am

Actually, it's euros. Even worse. [/b][/quote]
Paid by us. :blink:

Originally posted by pepep+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:58 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pepep @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 8:58 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by papillon@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 5:09 am
Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:52 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Josefine
@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:55 am

Actually, it's euros. Even worse.
Paid by us. :blink: [/b][/quote]
For someone who doesn't even appear to eat. Maybe each of us should send QR a paper napkin to go with the tableware so she gets the message that we know how she spends our money. Sort of a gesture of civic protest.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:00 am
what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I've read interviews in which she's said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven't seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story's true or not.
If it is, i personally would've preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.
This can't possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about.

Originally posted by Angel S.+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angel S. @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@Nov 24th, 2003 - 3:00 am
what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I've read interviews in which she's said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven't seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story's true or not.
If it is, i personally would've preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.
This can't possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about. [/b][/quote]
Who knows if it's true. But I'm with you--some of the things said about some royals need to be taken with a more than a grain of salt. Skepticism is a good thing in this case.

Originally posted by chanel@Jan 15th, 2004 - 1:25 am
I think Rania is a wonderful woman. Truley beautiful and her people love her. HOWEVER, she really can't seem to stop shopping. I love to shop myself, but, if I were a Queen, Princess or anything of rank representing a country of people, I sure wouldn't be spending money/shopping the way she does.... Matte-Marit and Maxima are both the same way! Nothing against these wemon however, I just think that there could be other things that they could be doing rahter than spending money and money!!!

MG does she have some handbags!
Mette-Marit??? Are you kidding me? The woman is constantly criticized for being too common in her dress, if she is shopping more now it might be because she's sick of hearing people say she dresses like a soccer mom.

Don't get it either. How can you compare Mette-Marit to Rania? :wacko:

Originally posted by Angel S.@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:48 am
This can't possibly be true, it sounds preposterous. Wild stories like this go on in the middle east all the time. She is not the first royal they have spread wild rumors about.
I didnt get the story from the arab media, it was a british source. Besides, there's no way anyone can outright deny it. Hollywood stars have been known to wear diamond shoes worth millions, so why not gold shoes. I saw a pair of gold sandals on tv a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, i've said all i need to on this topic, or perhaps you didnt notice the heated arguments on the previous 10 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom