Queen Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a lovely outfit and everything works nicely.

I love her outfits so far at the games. She can do Riviera chic to laid back sporty effortlessly. Love seeing her at the events supporting the athletes.

Mary wore another lovely combination yesterday, when attending the swimming night session - still daytime fashion though ;)

** Full view **
This outfit is just perfect! Everything is so nicely coordinated. 🌺 I love her skirt.

Good catch! I don’t notice it. She has a F and a M initial necklace. 🌺

She looks so chic in blue and white. Love the belt!
she must get cues from her husband when it comes to belts ;)

Queen Mary at the start of the Summer Tour today, August 19:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I know she is older … and I don’t have that much interest in fashion myself … but Mary wore some dazzling clothing when Crown Princess.

Now as Queen she seems to be a bit over it all and not dressing as well as she used to, let alone better.

And her hair is not helping.

Not a sharp, smart, enviable put-together look.

(The horses look terrific though, wonderfully turned out.)

Last edited:
Mary might want to just relax a little bit for a short while this year. It’s been a very exciting and somewhat stressful time over the past months. I’m sure she’ll be back on top form soon.

I usually love what Mary wears but this is possibly one of the worst choices!

The striped coat/jacket is so chic, perfect for disembarking the royal ship, flows well with Frederik's black uniform.

Second outfit is perfect for the walk/hike. Nice white blouse

The striped coat/jacket is so chic, perfect for disembarking the royal ship, flows well with Frederik's black uniform.

Second outfit is perfect for the walk/hike. Nice white blouse
Love what she is wearing. I agree about how chic the first outfit is. Yet it is still classic.

The second outfit is at the same time casual for a hike and still dressy enough for their visits afterward. It balances the engagements well.

Not every event requires a coat dress or theme dressing. Queen Mary is a modern royal woman and her fashion reflects that.

I know she is older … and I don’t have that much interest in fashion myself … but Mary wore some dazzling clothing when Crown Princess.

Now as Queen she seems to be a bit over it all and not dressing as well as she used to, let alone better.

And her hair is not helping.

Not a sharp, smart, enviable put-together look.

(The horses look terrific though, wonderfully turned out.)
I think QMII had a particular standard she expected from her daughters-in-law and especially from Mary as Crown Princess. I saw a definite change in how Princess of Wales starting dressing once the HLM Queen Elizabeth passed away

Queen Mary has cut her hair back quite a bit, but years of colouring and styling does cause stress on hair

I think QMII had a particular standard she expected from her daughters-in-law and especially from Mary as Crown Princess. I saw a definite change in how Princess of Wales starting dressing once the HLM Queen Elizabeth passed away

Queen Mary has cut her hair back quite a bit, but years of colouring and styling does cause stress on hair

I don’t like either of the day outfits … the pink dress seemed okay for the onboard reception … but even the recent photos where Mary has had a hairband on her wrist. Why?

If there’s a chance it’s windy, tie your hair back before getting photographed. As Queen of a nation, what is that doing on your wrist alongside your pretty bangles and bracelets.

(The plastic spiral ones … I use them myself, great things, but put it in a pocket or your bag.)

I think what Diana said about every day being like going to a wedding … and that you are the bride …well, it must get tiresome after a couple of decades, this constant presentation of your best self, so I don’t blame her really.

But … attention to colour, no sloppy fitting pieces … she has the figure for it … and a return to more formal hair for the public occasions, it wouldn’t take much.

It gets harder to look smart as you age, unless you simplify things and stick to strong colour and clean lines, and don’t look messy with multiple necklaces and fly-about hair.

I like all the items Mary wore today for the first part of the visit to Borholm. Unfortunately I don’t think they go together in one outfit. JMHO

I like all the items Mary wore today for the first part of the visit to Borholm. Unfortunately I don’t think they go together in one outfit. JMHO

You made me laugh suztav.

Queen Mary at the start of the Summer Tour today, August 19:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
That is some strange ensemble she is wearing. I don't like the Seinfeld puffy shirt nor the hat and the over coat reminds me of something I can see vintage Mick Jaeger or Aerosmith's Steve Tyler pulling out with a pair of jeans at any airport on their way to meet the press.

And then, those two golden buttons placed in the breast area of the coat are unnecessary and I can't unsee them as n*pple buttons anymore. She should have them removed so that jacket clean line flows better.

I find it odd, like it just doesn't match with her regular looks.

Look number 2 today:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Much better and the caramel/coffee color of the pants reminded me of the same color on the one we saw Meghan wearing on her Colombian trip, too. But here the white oversize shirt gives a better contrast with the pants' color.

Last edited:
Better look today. Shoes seem out of place though.

Mary really likes that Canopy Bay hat.

Last edited:
She looks great on these natural colors. And that skirt comes with a wind safety measure seatbelt to avoid a Marylin Monroe moment in public.

She loves that hat and I love it on her!

Perfect for the rainy weather. Love the pale pink shoes and bag.

Back
Top Bottom