Queen Margrethe's Fashion and Style Part 3: October 2017 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Margrethe looks lovely. And of course, her best accessory is adorable little Josephine!

Queen Margrethe receiving newly appointed officers at Amalienborg today, December 18:

** Full views **

Queen Margrethe received newly appointed officers of the Air Force at Amalienborg, today, December 21:

** Full view **

And every inch a Queen in purple lace! Yum. :flowers:

Yes I fell in love with this dress the first time I saw her wear it in Oslo for the opening of the New Opera House. She wore a grey fur stole I think with it. Fortunately she wears it every now and then.
Also on that evening was the first time I saw Angela Merkle in a very fetching velvet off the shoulder evening gown. She was accompanied by the good looking PM Jens Stoltenberg I think. It was a shock to see her out of her usual pant suits.
That was in 2008.

Not sure about Margrethe's skirt with the top and coat (a plain red dress or other dress would've been better with the coat for me), though she looks good nevertheless.

Queen Margrethe at the Christmas Day service today, December 25:

** Full view **

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm liking this look from Margrethe as it seems a bit mismatched with her coat and the fitting of her skirt seems a little baggy. Great to see her happy and smiling though!

The suit itself is really quite interesting and pairing it with a red blouse looks good. As to her coat, well it is about being practical and she may very well have not worn it in church so she would just wear it between the van and church and back again.

The best dressed royal lady tonight,wonderful colour on Her Majesty,looks very queenly.

:previous: Margrethe is often the best dressed at the New Year Courts for me. Tonight is no exception; she looks gorgeous in that pink gown!

QMII looks fantastic. Love the color, and if anyone can carry off that amount of lace, it's Margrethe!

Love that colour on her ! and she quite rightly is the best dressed woman tonight !

Queen Margrethe at today's New Year's Reception, January 3:

** Full view ** January 3, 2017 **
I know The Queen's Cour uniform has it's detractors, but I love it. Both because it's a well made, statuesque and grand dress and because it gives a feeling of continuity to the event. The guests dress up in all their finery and The Queen in a way show what a special event it is by wearing something only for the cours.

The best dressed royal lady tonight,wonderful colour on Her Majesty,looks very queenly.
I couldn't disagree more.
A 78 year old, recently widowed woman who can hardly walk straight wearing candy-pink. There is nothing wonderful or queenly about it.
IMO the choice of colour is as inappropriate as her constant grinning at the time of Prince Henrik's death.
And that fur-rug is just hideous. She is one step away from looking ridiculous.

I couldn't disagree more.
A 78 year old, recently widowed woman who can hardly walk straight wearing candy-pink. There is nothing wonderful or queenly about it.
IMO the choice of colour is as inappropriate as her constant grinning at the time of Prince Henrik's death.
And that fur-rug is just hideous. She is one step away from looking ridiculous.

Well we certainly are all allowed here to have our own opinions and I strongly disagree with you 1,000%.

First as for the grinning at PH's passing.....do you realize that there are many ways a person deals with death of a loved one, QM kept her dignity and put on a brave face for she surely loved that man even when he said things that must of hurt her in public as his wanting to be king, that decision was not up to her but the government yet she stood by him through it all, there are many, dozens of pictures out there that show how deeply she loved him through out their entire marriage. Behind that smile of her's was pain and grief in losing the husband for all those decades and yet because she was queen she knew she had to put on that brave face for the public.

As for the gown, good grief, it was a happy color, a way to show she welcomed in the New Year with joy in having her children and grandchildren around her ........pink lace, not a damn thing wrong with it......I so dislike the color *gray* what a boring, dead dull color it is IMHO and it is not a good color for QM either. Her gown was perfect for her as she has no one to please but herself and the people know her and understand her for she is an artist also. Just take a look at the costumes she designs, the needlework that she has done is shown her church.......her homes show her love of color and I so applaud that for not everything in life has to be dark and dreary and dull and modern. And the fur wrap, seeing how she loves them and wears them through out her events in life and the weather at that time was cold and windy, and above all, she has a mind of her own and speaks it and does as she pleases for she is one strong independent woman and yes, FYI, I am a great admire of hers period. Yet if she did something or wore some thing that I did not like (the beanie hat) I would say so. No one is perfect in life, not you nor me or QM yet she does the very best for her country and her family.....what more could you want from a woman of many dimensions....

I'm afraid that I'm not a fan of Margrethe's gown either. The colour is nice though the design of the gown is not really my cup of tea.

Queen Margrethe received new ambassadors today, January 18, looking good in blue:

** Full view **

:previous: A gorgeous colour for Margrethe though the dress seems a little tightly fitted to my eyes.

Queen Margrethe in one of her favourite combinations received Norwegian Parliament's President Tone Wilhelmsen Trøen at Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, today, January 23:

** Full view

Queen Margrethe at the opening of a Niels Skovgaard exhibition at the Fuglsang Art Museum today, January 24:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
:previous:

Sometimes Queen Margrethe is very quick with re-wearing a certain outfit again, today, for the opening of the exhibition "Nordic Modernism - Inventing the Future" at the Kunsten - Museum of Modern Art Aalborg, she wore the same combination as two days ago ?

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe in a well-known combination at the Royal Danish Farmers Association's 250th anniversary in Copenhagen today, January 29:

** Full view ** December 2018 **

This evening she looked great in a recycled black dress at a dinner for Navy officers at Fredensborg Palace:

** The look in motion **

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe inaugurated the new Danish Rheumatism Hospital in Sønderborg today, February 5:

** Upper part **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom