Queen Margrethe II, Current Events Part 3: September 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The royal statement said the Queen would need to wear a rigid neck brace for the next few months.

I hope the Queen is doing well under the circumstances. I don't think we'll see the Queen again for the next few months...

It does sound like a nasty fall, how frightening for her and the family.
Speedy recovery to dearest Daisy.

Yeah, looks like she took quite a fall. Left hand in plaster, so she probably landed on that hand. Neck-brace for months = she fell heavily.
We won't see much of her this side of Christmas.

Wonder if she is going to stay permanently at Fredensborg, where there are only two levels (if need be only one level) and as such fewer stairs? And she can walk right out in the park for a breath of fresh air. - That's way more difficult at Amalienborg.
Gråsten is a lovely place, but perhaps a bit too far out of the way at this time of year. But then her sisters may decide to come live with her?
Marselisborg, forget it. Stair-wise it's just as bad as Amalienborg. Even though it's very close to one of the best hospitals in DK.
Kancellihuset at Fredensborg. She could move in there of course, but it would be a major move and at 84, few want to do that if they can avoid it. Apart from that I think the Regent Couple has turned the place into a cozy little weekend nest.

My money is on Fredensborg. Plenty of room for QMII and her sisters. It should be easy to set up a couple of ramps if QMII prefer a set of wheels when going outside or down/up stairs. Even a disability lift should be possible, hidden away somewhere. And she is very fond of the place.
Often when elderly people has a bad fall, it doesn't get better, mobility-wise. Not least because they tend to become scared. Who can blame them!

She looked so happy a few days ago....I agree , indeed HM fell heavily and is frail.

Back
Top Bottom