Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The look screams I ran through the jungle and tore my sleeves,Maxima is one of the worst dressed royals.

I usually love her tour looks but the first one was horrific. She looked like she had been attacked by a tiger. :sad:

Second look is much better. I actually like the sleeves. The neck is a bit high for me but it is appropriate for Indonesia. The colors are lovely.

Her hair and jewelry are great :flowers:

I hate the thing on her head but nothing new, rarely like fascinators.

The second outfit minus the belt and coconut shell thing on her head its actually a pleasant surprise and a nice neat hairstyle.

I like the dress and the shoes, hummm belt I am not sure. But I dislike the hat and the hairstyle, Though it is neat and tidy I don't know I don't like it. May be makes her a funny shape face? I don't know what it is but I do not like it at all

I thought the Queen looked fabulous and the glittering aquamarines were eyepopping. On TV we saw that every breeze made the dress lively. Dress and neat hair in this hot and humid Jakarta: A++++. That is vintage Máxima again.

While I like the fabric, this latest Natan doesn't do it for me. I really dislike these faux cape things. The leather belt is too heavy for the fabric and I think a narrower belt would suit her better. While this one isn't the worst one she has ever worn, the wider belts tend to give Max a "droopy boob" look by cutting the space between her waist and bust. By the way, she isn't the only one to have this problem.

The wide belts are en vogue amongst almost many fashion labels. Máxima has had a period of only thin belts and now it are the very wide belts. Her best outfits are the ones with well-tailored dresses and no belts at all.

The hofdames in her slipstream often dress more royal than the Queen: see picture.

The second outfit minus the belt and coconut shell thing on her head its actually a pleasant surprise and a nice neat hairstyle.

"coconut shell thing" ?
I know---why the hat that is almost a swimming cap with the lovely lines of the dress? Still, MAX--you are the best at carrying oodles of fabric.

There is so much I want to like. The Aquamarines are LOVE and the color and filmy silk is just perfect for a day visit. IF, the hat was changed, completely, the cape was cut to the same length of the dress, the heavy leather belt was removed and replaced with a self same belt, a bit narrower, and the leather gloves were replaced with lace, it would be a 10!
The pictures of her with the ADORABLE toddler I saw on another site are priceless, pure MAX. The child just was so attracted to her. Maybe somebody could post?

Love the fabric, not sure about the belt or the cape. I don’t really like hats like that but it all co ordinated really well

Queen Máxima on the second day of the state visit to Indonesia today, March 11, wearing a Natan dress she has worn before:

Glad I looked at the other photos, much better up close. I actually quite like this one. Usually not one for the flower decoration but its lovely here.

And YEAH!!!! Can always count on her for one real hat at least on tour. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Máxima on the second day of the state visit to Indonesia today, March 11, wearing a Natan dress she has worn before:

One of Queen Máxima's nicest looks in a long time and a delight to see her looking so polished.

I like the second dress less than the first, but Maxima is really looking wonderful on this trip. Well, except for the perpetual Natan fit problems around the bust, but that just goes without saying.

Vast improvement in her wardrobe choices on this trip bar the arrival one.

Today's was really lovely and classy.

The awful natan white flowery dress had the usual fit problems but was way too fussy. The interest of the flowers, which was faded throughout the dress. But then a peplum, and bell sleeves with non matching over fabric and slip and a belt and a necklace??? Not to mention the large hat and leather gloves! How about just the hat a a streamlined dresswith dainty cotton gloves and the gorgeous earrings.The Zimmerman dress was ok minus the gloves. These strong sturdy winter looking gloves just ruin it

I love the first Zimmerman dress. Really lovely on her. And another great hat.

The one on the 12th I like the color and even the print. Not a fan of the sleeves. And I don't like her so called hat.

That is a particularly I'll fitting outfit and very wrinkled. If the wife pants were not also gathered at the eiat it could have a chance.The wide pants with the peplum top cut even someome as tall as max.the color of the flowers is nice.like the headband

Last edited:
Over size wide pants that are too wrinkled. Horrid 3D flowers on her top (though I like the orange color) and another shell on her head. Absolute miss.

Indeed Natan at its worst, a ghastly outfit with absolutely nothing to redeem itself. What possesses anybody to wear it is a mystery.
Last month I have seen skirts made of strings of raffia in Natan's shop window here on the Avenue Louise, so there is always a 'worse' with this brand...

This looks like a potato sack and shouldn't be repeated again after the tour! :eek: Maxima is lovely but outfits like this do her no favours. They wouldn't look flattering on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom