Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 8: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks better this time round and a nicely styled hairdo too!

The Queen attended a reception yesterday evening in the Telfair museum in Savannah, Georgia. The photographers already travelled to Washington but fortunately the ministery now has shared some photos.

Modekoninginmaxima found that the Queen was wearing a new Natan dress with burnt ostrich feathers.

Last edited:
I love the colour. The sleeves are an interesting touch. I think there’s something a bit off with the shirt collar. The early photos show it turned up which I think is a little more dressy than the full length view where it looks rather a sloppy neckline.
I think her hair is styled very nicely.
She’s looked very good during this visit.

The blush colored skirt and blouse are a good color for her but unfortunately the skirt is of a typical design by her favorite designer meaning it has inverted pleats with very heavy shiny fabric, a combination that adds pounds to any figure.

The fushia dress above is another color for her but so cheaply made with the elastic waistband!

The Queen attended a reception yesterday evening in the Telfair museum in Savannah, Georgia. The photographers already travelled to Washington but fortunately the ministery now has shared some photos.

Modekoninginmaxima found that the Queen was wearing a new Natan dress with burnt ostrich feathers.
Minus the hideous ostrich feathers its a nice colour on the queen!

At the Austrian wedding last saturday Queen Máxima repeated a dress by Natan from 2007.

At the Austrian wedding last saturday Queen Máxima repeated a dress by Natan from 2007.

When you said repeated a dress I can't agree more, looks like she stacked one dress on top of one another two small skirts to make a long dress.

The photo makes her look like a short dress with ruffles was placed on top and a duplicate of the same dress sewn in below to reach the floor. I agree, she repeated a dress. :oops:

It was all the rage at the time IIRC. HM has a ruffled Valentino dress from the same period, much superior to this Natan creation. I didn't like the dress too much at the time but nearly 15 years later it looks dated and perhaps the fabrics used aren't of the best quality. But kuddos to her: it still fits.

And in 2009, during the return banquet in honour of the King and Queen of Sweden

The pink dress looks amazing on Queen M. She looks great. Love the jewelry as well

It's time to pass this pink Barbie dress on to the younger princesses.

It's time to pass this pink Barbie dress on to the younger princesses.
I doubt they would be caught wearing that double dress in public. Mom's bad couture choices seem to have skipped their generation.

Back
Top Bottom