Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2018 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Maxima looked absolutely stunning and the perfect choice of jewels and gown for a State Visit to Eire!

I do agree about the underskirt - somehow I don't like the colour of the beige against the green - maybe a light green underskirt would have been better.

I like the green gown. She looks regal. I don't mind the green accessories as well.

I always prefer Queen Máxima's hair up rather than down but none the less a very nice appearance tonight and a wonderful colour too.

I assume this is the return dinner. Quite nice how both countries tried to please their guests by the dress code. The Irish by doing a black tie state banquet (going a step up in their usual preference) and the Dutch by doing suits and cocktail dresses for the return dinner (going a step down).

Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2018 -

A really interesting dress, I love the colour but I do feel like the nude underskirt takes away from the pattern. I also don’t like the 3D leaves.

Agreed.

And as much as I like the color of the dress and the emeralds, in the pictures, I don’t like them together. But- that may be a photography issue.

The red dress is lovely though.

Dislike the red dress. The big box pleats at the waistline make her look as if she is much wider than she is add so much bulk. It also looks much too tight and uncomfortable. Reminds me of a kewpie doll, not an elegant look.

I like the red dress, but don't think it is flattering on Maxima. The skirt is too full. Her hair looks very pretty, but the top part of this dress calls for an up-do.

I always like seeing President & Mrs Higgins during these state visits.

Last edited:
I love the idea of the red dress, and over all is lovely. But the skirt needs to be less wide, not as flattering on her. But stunning color and pattern.

And agree, this dress could use a proper updo to do the top justice.

The emerald is a stunning gown, I love the pattern to it. :flowers:

And of course the amazing updo and the incredible emerald jewelry.

I actually adore this red dress on Maxima. I like how the skirt is a proper length also and not 3 inches above knee. It is a wonderful dinner cocktail dress and she has kept to the tradition and did not have a fussy updo. That would have thrown off look. Her down hair style looks clean, curled and well looked after. Bravo, a nice look that actually made her look 10 years younger than the formal look of night prior.

i loved the green dress and emerald jewels she wore for the state dinner in dublin. the dress is lovely and it is an excellent choice of colour in ireland!

For a dinner of the G20 Osaka Summit in Japan Queen Máxima wore a new Elie Saab dress:

** Upper part **

Last edited:
From what I can see, this is a nice dress on Maxima, though it'd be better if we could get a fuller photo to judge fully.

For a dinner of the G20 Osaka Summit in Japan Queen Máxima wore a new Elie Saab dress:

** Upper part **

Are we sure it is a new dress? Máxima wore a kind of similar one-shoulder dress previously if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: found the dress I was most likely thinking about. Not exactly the same (see belt).

Last edited:
Are we sure it is a new dress? Máxima wore a kind of similar one-shoulder dress previously if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: found the dress I was most likely thinking about. Not exactly the same (see belt).

And I thought of her red Valentino jumpsuit first, but as I've said on the previous page it is indeed a new Elie Saab dress, see here:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part/Side view ** Dress **

Queen Máxima at a dinner for the members of the Council of State in Den Haag this evening, September 11, wearing her Luisa Beccaria dress again:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** September 2017 **

Last edited:
Nice dress on Queen Máxima though her hair is nicely styled and updo would have been nicer and always looks more polished.

Now that's a really beautiful look on Queen Máxima everything works so well together and no nasty plastic pieces.

That is a wonderful outfit and look. I am glad that HM is wearing Taminiau again, what a wonderful dress for this state visit. The half-cape (tribute to the sari?) makes it even more interesting and the pattern of the fabric is lovely. And what a surprise: HM is wearing a tiara.

Last edited:
Gorgeous. Perfect dress for the country they're visiting and this particular shade of pink is very becoming on her.

This is STUNNING! What a total knock out of a look.

That is a wonderful outfit and look. I am glad that HM is wearing Taminiau again, what a wonderful dress for this state visit. The half-cape (tribute to the sari?) makes it even more interesting and the pattern of the fabric is lovely. And what a surprise: HM is wearing a tiara.

I think for sure that the design has been inspired by the sari and Queen Maxima looks amazing. The way Timiniau designs dresses for the Queen reminds me of an artist painting his muse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom