Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 7: July 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a beautiful shade of blue. And with the pearls and diamonds it makes a quiet palate for the Orange sash, which is difficult to combine. Let's hope we will see a rewear soon as I would love to see HM walking/standing in the dress.

Last edited:
Who designed her gown?
The 2nd Skin Co.

Suraia dress

Beautiful gown worn to show off the orange sash I assume. I hope we get a standing picture. I can see a wide self same belt and small bows at the sleeve cuffs

It’s a nice dress but more angles would be welcome; the jury is very much out on the sleeves.

Beautiful colour on Letizia but I thought it all looked a little too big and that may have been the sleeves.
The blue gown combined with the Sash made me think that Letizia was wearing the Swedish flag ;)

Wow I really like this dress from the seated pics so far - I really wish we had a full length picture. The colour is fantastic and she paired it so well with the jewels, it looks very good with the diamonds & pearls. One of her best state visit looks in a long long time

Queen Letizia in Benchellal at the return event this evening, April 18:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **
Queen Letizia usually wears a design from the country she visits.

Quite a nice surprise to see her with this designer. I only remember a dress by this brand on Prinsjesdag worn by Queen Máxima, which was not a success as it felt she was wrapped in a sleeping bag. So I am surprised that the one for Q. Letizia is looking good, it doesn't overwhelm her and the wrap-element makes it more interesting than a normal black dress. Of course the Queen of Spain could wear a paper bag and look good.

Last edited:
Quite a nice surprise to see her with this designer. I only remember a dress by this brand on Prinsjesdag worn by Queen Máxima, which was not a success as it felt she was wrapped in a sleeping bag. So I am surprised that the one for Q. Letizia is looking good, it doesn't overwhelm her and the wrap-element makes it more interesting than a normal black dress. Of course the Queen of Spain could wear a paper bag and look good.

Navy. That’s also why it’s more interesting than black.

It’s pretty funny, because now that you mention it I can vividly picture that particular much less successful outfit on Maxima. I would never have realized it was the same designer, even with the distinct style… proving, I guess, context is a huge part of fashion.

And while you’re very kind about Letizia, I think you’ve been here long enough to know she gets just as much flack for the things she doesn’t carry quite so successfully, and on a regular basis, too.

I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t think she’s tall enough to pull this off. With the messy hair, I feel like she got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her. But marks for wearing a designer from the host country

Its a nice dress but for me too much for Letizias frame, it overwhelms her. The dark colour doesnt help.

It looks great on her. It does remind me Maxima's grey dress from same brand but this piece is much more successful.

I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t think she’s tall enough to pull this off. With the messy hair, I feel like she got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her. But marks for wearing a designer from the host country
The colour is really nice!
A bracelet wouldn't have gone a miss ,it might have added a splash of colour to contrast the dark navy dress.
Finishing Touches are not her strong point.

Unfortunately, and I think here it shows especially, very high heels often help and would have helped to make this look better. The kitten heels only add to the drowning. It didnt help either that the other 2 women are very tall, at least more than average.

I also think that longer length that she’s worn this trip does not suit her.

The colour is really nice!
A bracelet wouldn't have gone a miss ,it might have added a splash of colour to contrast the dark navy dress.
Finishing Touches are not her strong point.
I agree it needs something to lift it.
How tall is the Queen?

Back
Top Bottom