Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 21: June 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrownPrincessJava

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Adelaide
Country
Australia

Welcome to Part 21 of the thread for Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 19: June 2023 - June 2024 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The dress is really lovely but would like to have seen Letizia's hair tied back for such a high profile event.

Beautiful dress but those sandals are too casual for the occasion, especially stark contrast with the King and daughter who are in full uniform.

(..)

Re dress, seems we can declare this is royal flower print season in Europe. Every royal lady is bringing out floral prints to celebrate the season. I would have preferred a more formal suit for the event, but she still looks great on this summer dress and comfort sandals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re dress, seems we can declare this is royal flower print season in Europe. Every royal lady is bringing out floral prints to celebrate the season. I would have preferred a more formal suit for the event, but she still looks great on this summer dress and comfort sandals.
The floral dresses have always looked lovely on Letizia ,today was a very important event and her look while nice was below par for the occasion.

I'd never object to flats, for formal or informal wear but open-toed footwear I'd save for more casual settings.
Especially with a broken toe, open toe shoes seem like an unwise choice!

Her dress and earrings are lovely, but as others have pointed out, for a different occasion.

Queen Letizia dresses perfectly appropriate for a formal event, outdoors and at 30º degrees. Precisely because of the heat and standing for long periods of time, it is logical to wear sandals, because the feet can swell and if she wears closed shoes that would compress the broken toe more. The Pedro Gracía sandals have an anatomical sole and the straps lined with silk, so if the toe with the bandage swells, she has less risk of suffering injuries than with leather shoes.

Maybe in some countries light fabrics, sleeveless dresses, sandals or espadrilles can be considered "less formal" because they relate them to their vacations... but in Spain they are necessary clothes in the summer months because people need adapt clothing to the heat.

Repetitive posts and comments about Queen Letizia's foot problems have been removed, see all previous mod posts about it - thank you!

"I want to like it and I can't". The dense, busy pattern plus ruffles are too much for me.

On a personally petty note, I'm glad if she has a reason not to wear espadrilles this summer –– they're her friends about as much as La Buena is.

Queen Letizia dresses perfectly appropriate for a formal event, outdoors and at 30º degrees. Precisely because of the heat and standing for long periods of time, it is logical to wear sandals, because the feet can swell and if she wears closed shoes that would compress the broken toe more. The Pedro Gracía sandals have an anatomical sole and the straps lined with silk, so if the toe with the bandage swells, she has less risk of suffering injuries than with leather shoes.

Maybe in some countries light fabrics, sleeveless dresses, sandals or espadrilles can be considered "less formal" because they relate them to their vacations... but in Spain they are necessary clothes in the summer months because people need adapt clothing to the heat.
Thank you! I love the dress and the sandals - particularly in this heat!

Last edited:
There's something off about the whole look. I like the dress and I like the sandals, and yet, the whole outfit is a bit messy with both together.
I went back to check out the pictures and I think I see what you noticed; the middle of the dress has the same stretch material that she used in that other blue dress we commented about last week. It just looks odd that it cuts the top part and bottom instead of having clean lines going from the waist down the skirt.

Like she has a tube top blouse waist band instead of something better like a belt.

Back
Top Bottom