Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 9: January 2020 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal blue :bounce:
I think she looks better again, there were two engagements on which I was a bit concerned, but already last time and this time again, she's beaming.

Yes a lovely shade of royal blue and a really lovely outfit on the queen.

I love all the colours and gosh HM looks so sparkly in them all I think the floral is also fabulous on her I mean what a woman!

Queen Elizabeth hosted a reception at Windsor Castle this evening, October 19, to mark the Global Investment Summit:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Everyone seems to have a glass in hand, but not HM. She’s being obedient.

The queen looks wonderful and a really great choice of colours and trademark jewels.

Queen Elizabeth in a lovely shade of yellow during virtual audiences today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I find the neckline a tad bit wide, but that may just be my personal preference and experience (when my gran was that age she always wanted to have something round her neck to have it covered because she would feel chilly)
Otherwise, yellow is always a good choice and HM seemed to be in high spirits and doing well so far. Very good.

Queen Elizabeth in green at a video message for the COP26:

** Pic **

Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 9: January 2020 -

Oh that brooch with the picture of Philip in the background! ?

The dress is very elegant, but the color is not particularly flattering on the Queen. If she wanted to do green I can think of numerous other shades that are lovely on her.

A colourful flower print dress for Queen Elizabeth during an audience at Windsor Castle today:

** Full view **

The pattern of the dress and the colours are just wow!
Did you see that she wears another kind of shoes? They seem to be more orthopedic. which I think is good at that age.

Queen Elizabeth in an elegant shade of green receiving the Governor of the Bank of England Andrew Bailey today, November 24:

** gallery **

This is indeed a very lovely shade of green and suits her so well with her white hair :)
It reminds me a bit of the late Dukes green, Edinburgh green.

Queen Elizabeth in light blue presented organist Thomas Trotter with the Queen's Medal for Music today, December 8:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth elegant in creme/white receiving the Sultan of Oman and his wife today, December 15:

** Upper part ** gallery **

Last edited:
The queen looked really lovely in the red for the Christmas Day Message

The queen looks really lovely the jewels too are just perfect.

The dress is a gorgeous color on her, and the aquamarine clips are perfect.

The queen looks really lovely today and the blue is just beautiful.

I agree, the Queen looks beautiful and very happy. Blue is my favorite color on her. She is one of the few people I have followed that can wear any color….she is always happy and beautiful.

(..) she is back with a wonderful palate of colours that really, really light her up. Most people I know can't wear powder blue in block or almost block as it looks kind of blergh. But, at 95 I believe she can teach all those "fashion" experts (not to mention a few ordinary women) a few things about how to keep her wardrobe fresh and stylish and, she is the Queen of recycling too.

I love this particular shade of blue that she wore for the opening of memorability from previous . It is neither too pale nor too bright but sense of a large block of colour mitigated by the beautiful weave of the fabric with her signature triple string of pearls and a pair of simple pearl stud earrings. The the pièce de résistance is her stunning aquamarine and diamond clips. Just magic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKvvjfFX0AA1-W2?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The beautiful deep powder blue of her dress for the reception for local volunteers at Sandringham is a treat. Clean cut lines with tiny applique lace around the lower waist and a subtle lift in jewellery. Her grandmother's pearl and diamond studs, her trademark triple string of pears and once again, a pair of brooches which seem to be two open poppy style white gold or platinum blooms with diamond centres. Unfortunately, I don't recognise them.

https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pr...7234f731702f3dae4a6e3aad570f578562252f53bff6d

Regardless of the amount of weight our Queen appears to have lost (as highlighted by the way her gold watch hung around her wrist like a loose bracelet) surprisingly, for this most serious time of the year marking her father's death and her ascension, she is lit up like a crystal chandelier. Celebrating her life with all its ups and downs, and celebrating it alone for the first time in 70 years. Even sporting a walking stick can't dim her joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth in light green on a photo released today to mark Accession Day 2022:

** Pic **

Another really lovely colour on the queen to mark Accession Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom